naughty children in public places

Options

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    whew....based on the title I thought this was going to be something I had to report......both to the MFP mods and the local authorities.
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Edited to behave myself in public. I would like some pie.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    whew....based on the title I thought this was going to be something I had to report......both to the MFP mods and the local authorities.

I agree, it's a crime to be out of pie.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I would have sat down right in front of that kid and proceeded to stuff as many pies in my mouth as I could. Then I would have given the rest to passers by.

When this was posted on Facebook, I have a friend who said he would have made sure the lady knew it was him who bought all the pies, then he would proceed to open each and everyone of them, take a bite out of each one and lick each one just before he tossed them in the trash right in front of her and the kids.

I could see him doing it too...and then the kid would be like:

pfddh3I.gif
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    In for wild generalizations and knock-down-drag-out fights about parenting.

Seriously. I'm in. I'm going to sit here and drink beer by the pool while you all do this. Ok?
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

Seriously. I'm in. I'm going to sit here and drink beer by the pool while you all do this. Ok?

I'm going with him. Someone watch the kids, k?
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Children don't learn unless you take them places. You were one of those naughty children way back when so suck it up.

Actually I wasn't, because I knew if I started up I'd get my a** beat.
  • CoolDad67
    CoolDad67 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Based on some of the responses to this thread, I must say:

There are two kinds of parents in the world:
    1. Parents who have a child that has acted bad in public
    2. Parents who lie about their child/children never acting up in public.

I must say that my kids are pretty good; but, they have made an *kitten* of themselves in public before. In today's world, we as parents are very limited in the discipline that can be applied in public and taking the kid and leaving is not always an option.

Just because you see a specific child misbehaving at a given point in time at a specific place does not mean that the child is an evil child or the parents are bad parents.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    I really do try to avoid being around children, even relatives. Walmart seems to be infested with poorly supervised obnoxious children. A little girl was running around making a ton of noise. She made eye contact and I very sternly said "No." and shook my head. I'm thinking I scared her because she shut right up. One of these days I might get a beatdown from a parent that doesn't appreciate it.

I find it funny to read about your distaste for children with your profile pic of a child.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

I must say that my kids are pretty good; but, they have made an *kitten* of themselves in public before. In today's world, we as parents are very limited in the discipline that can be applied in public and taking the kid and leaving is not always an option.

Just because you see a specific child misbehaving at a given point in time at a specific place does not mean that the child is an evil child or the parents are bad parents.

You should probably only speak for yourself.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    When we were much younger my husband was eating some general Tsoas chicken that was pretty spicy. My niece was a little hellion and came over to DH, DEMANDING a bite of his chicken. She was about 4-5 if I remember correctly but even as a 20 year old she still behaves this way. Anyway, he tried to tell her it was spicy/hot and she wouldn't like it but she kept demanding so being the gentleman he is, he gave her a bite. He may have made sure there was even a pepper on it for her. She started chewing and realized her plan had gone horribly, horribly wrong. That was the last time she ever asked DH for a bite of anything. :D

My youngest (10) is currently in swimming lessons at the local high school and has been all summer. You want to see some stellar parenting you should go hang out near the locker rooms! Today I actually thanked my 10 year old for being a great kid who listens, takes care of her own business and is a joy to be around. Between the parents and the kids at the pool I am usually ready to hurt someone by the time we leave. I have never seen so much helicopter parenting as in the girls locker room! I usually just go outside and wait for my kid to come out and apparently she's a rare and beautiful gem that can actually manage to remember her underpants and to bring her towel. :tongue:
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options

Cheers. But Hey, I can watch the kiddos and drink beer at the same time. There are four of the munchkins splashing around in there now. I'm sure that someone thinks I'm doing it wrong though. :drinker:
  • Drama_Free_Zone
    Options
    Eh, who gives a *kitten*, just look back at your cell phones and continue to ignore everything around you like the good little mindless minions that society is rapidly producing. :drinker:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

Cheers. But Hey, I can watch the kiddos and drink beer at the same time. There are four of the munchkins splashing around in there now. I'm sure that someone thinks I'm doing it wrong though. :drinker:

hahaha, someone always thinks that and luckily, mine are old enough to take care of themselves. I just wanted to share your beer, lol.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I really do try to avoid being around children, even relatives. Walmart seems to be infested with poorly supervised obnoxious children. A little girl was running around making a ton of noise. She made eye contact and I very sternly said "No." and shook my head. I'm thinking I scared her because she shut right up. One of these days I might get a beatdown from a parent that doesn't appreciate it.

I find it funny to read about your distaste for children with your profile pic of a child.
    +1

My mom was telling me of the only time she recalls me being a little *kitten* in public. I started to throw a temper tantrum then immediately stopped, looked around, then asked "Do you think Santa saw that?" One and done.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Shock collars. The Final Solution.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options

If the kid is cussing and hitting, I'm going to go with, "Yeah, it does mean that."
  • Drama_Free_Zone
    Options
    Children don't learn unless you take them places. You were one of those naughty children way back when so suck it up.

I never hit or swore at my mother in private, and certainly not in public.

That's because she would have slapped the **** out of you and you knew it. Parent does that today it's a one way ticket to jail and the kids know that.
  • gromithere
    gromithere Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I would like to buy this guy a pie.
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options