naughty children in public places

Options

Replies

• CoolDad67
    CoolDad67 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    You should probably only speak for yourself.

I do. My opinion is mine alone.

But. . .

I've never seen a perfect child who has never thrown a tantrum. Doesn't make the child or parents bad. Some kids, because of their disposition, are more likely to do it than others; but, all will in a given circumstance.

Not saying that there aren't bad parents who have produced bad kids; but you can't generalize (or shouldn't) based on one encounter with a specific parent / child situation.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    In for wild generalizations and knock-down-drag-out fights about parenting.

Seriously. I'm in. I'm going to sit here and drink beer by the pool while you all do this. Ok?

I'm going with him. Someone watch the kids, k?

Cheers. But Hey, I can watch the kiddos and drink beer at the same time. There are four of the munchkins splashing around in there now. I'm sure that someone thinks I'm doing it wrong though. :drinker:

hahaha, someone always thinks that and luckily, mine are old enough to take care of themselves. I just wanted to share your beer, lol.

I'm drinking a Hop Sun by Southern Tier Brewing Company. Want one?
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    I really don't understand why people take their children outside to restaurants. You are causing a disturbance to the public and encouraging kids to eat unhealthy. And plus there are all these bad things that can happen to the kids. In my opinion, anytime a parent takes their kid outside, they are endangering the child and being rude to the public. Call social services on these bad parents.

I can't stand children in public places, people who bring babies to restaurants really annoy me....

agree children should stay in their cages
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I really don't understand why people take their children outside to restaurants. You are causing a disturbance to the public and encouraging kids to eat unhealthy. And plus there are all these bad things that can happen to the kids. In my opinion, anytime a parent takes their kid outside, they are endangering the child and being rude to the public. Call social services on these bad parents.

I can't stand children in public places, people who bring babies to restaurants really annoy me....

They call them "pack 'n plays" now. They come in pink.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Without knowing more details about the story I withhold judgement.

That being said, I've been in public places where my son has had a meltdown, kicking and screaming uncontrollably. Other people in the public place gave me dirty looks (one lady in particular).

My son is on the autism spectrum and the occasional outbursts he has are magnified by his condition. Combine this with being 3 (two at the time) and it makes for a very challenging set of circumstances at times.

It's not my parenting at fault when he has a meltdown. And depending on what he is doing and who is observing it's not likely that an onlooker would know that my son has Autism. It's not like has a big sign over his head to let everyone know that he has this condition.

So having this experience changes my outlook on things like this.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

Seriously. I'm in. I'm going to sit here and drink beer by the pool while you all do this. Ok?

Cheers. But Hey, I can watch the kiddos and drink beer at the same time. There are four of the munchkins splashing around in there now. I'm sure that someone thinks I'm doing it wrong though. :drinker:

hahaha, someone always thinks that and luckily, mine are old enough to take care of themselves. I just wanted to share your beer, lol.

I'm drinking a Hop Sun by Southern Tier Brewing Company. Want one?

definitely!!
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    I definitely could see myself doing that! Thanks for the chuckle :drinker:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

I tried that once, but wouldn't you know? Those little rascals figured out how to open the kennel door latch and followed me. The nerve!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    You know what, it's the children who aren't brought out in public from an early age that are little aholes in public.

Generally if they are used it, they know how to act.

Not all kids are bad or have parents who let them act like monkeys/

THIS!!!!!!!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    You should probably only speak for yourself.

I do. My opinion is mine alone.

But. . .

I've never seen a perfect child who has never thrown a tantrum. Doesn't make the child or parents bad. Some kids, because of their disposition, are more likely to do it than others; but, all will in a given circumstance.

Not saying that there aren't bad parents who have produced bad kids; but you can't generalize (or shouldn't) based on one encounter with a specific parent / child situation.

Yeah, the parent that has a kid that cusses and punches is totally raising a little angel at home. /sarcasm

A tantrum of screaming is one thing. I'm dealing with that at least weekly right now. But a kid that cusses and punches is getting it from somebody, and not being disciplined.

Edited for clarity.
  • angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member
    Options

This entire statement is completely ridiculous! :noway:
    You can't POSSIBLITY have children yourself -- or at least I surely hope not.

You never take them out and my good lord, you'll have a whole different problem on your hands. Besides, I find many ADULTS cause way MORE disturbances, are down right ANNOYING and THEY eat mostly unhealthy. Wish someone could be called on them. No lie.

Reality check people ... seriously.
    I thought the post was at best good for a chuckle but people agreeing kids are awful and resent parents taking their kids out in public? Get over yourselves!
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    This is such a great idea.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    Am bored at work and this made me laugh out loud.

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    I think it was meant as a joke....or at least I hope so :)

This entire statement is completely ridiculous! :noway:
    You can't POSSIBLITY have children yourself -- or at least I surely hope not.

You never take them out and my good lord, you'll have a whole different problem on your hands. Besides, I find many ADULTS cause way MORE disturbances, are down right ANNOYING and THEY eat mostly unhealthy. Wish someone could be called on them. No lie.

Reality check people ... seriously.
    I thought the post was at best good for a chuckle but people agreeing kids are awful and resent parents taking their kids out in public? Get over yourselves!
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Without knowing more details about the story I withhold judgement.

That being said, I've been in public places where my son has had a meltdown, kicking and screaming uncontrollably. Other people in the public place gave me dirty looks (one lady in particular).

My son is on the autism spectrum and the occasional outbursts he has are magnified by his condition. Combine this with being 3 (two at the time) and it makes for a very challenging set of circumstances at times.

It's not my parenting at fault when he has a meltdown. And depending on what he is doing and who is observing it's not likely that an onlooker would know that my son has Autism. It's not like has a big sign over his head to let everyone know that he has this condition.

So having this experience changes my outlook on things like this.

I was just about to go there! My 3 year old is on the spectrum and i work with children with Autism every day. So I have to agree with everything you just said!
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I really do try to avoid being around children, even relatives. Walmart seems to be infested with poorly supervised obnoxious children. A little girl was running around making a ton of noise. She made eye contact and I very sternly said "No." and shook my head. I'm thinking I scared her because she shut right up. One of these days I might get a beatdown from a parent that doesn't appreciate it.

I find it funny to read about your distaste for children with your profile pic of a child.

Classic fat girl selfie:
    hold camera 2 feet above your head to avoid double chin
    tilt head and look up to make your face look thinner
    make duck face to be "cute"
    push boobs together for exaggerated cleavage

Alternative: post a flattering photo of yourself. That is a genuine picture of me. It might be a little dated.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    In.

3898460-8864152835-
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    You have to show him who the dominant one is

tumblr_mx2bgsgyWw1r4gei2o8_400.gif
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    kids-are-horrible.gif
  • lngbrd
    lngbrd Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    What I don't understand is why people bring infant children to amusement parks. Even when it's almost 100 degrees outside. Just plain ignorance!!
    [/quote]

Oh man We made that mistake. Pushing a damn stroller around disneyland, horrible! We were at seaworld the other day and saw people doing this, we were asking ourselves what the hell were we thinking back then.