naughty children in public places

Options
1235»

Replies

• WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    I would have sat down right in front of that kid and proceeded to stuff as many pies in my mouth as I could. Then I would have given the rest to passers by.

This is the way it should be. My 3 years old nephew one day ate some ice cream even though he was told not to. My brother brought in a big tub of ice cream, told my nephew to sit in his chair, and watch the rest of the family finish it while he wasn't allowed to have none. And he wasn't allowed to look away either. Can't allow kids to misbehave like that.

Parenting win right there!

Something similar last week, we have these outdoor concerts with local bands. My son was playing with his water bottle, tossing it in the air. I told him to stop. The second time, he hit my best friend with it. I took it away and told him to apologize. He refused. He stood there for an hour, staring at us, refusing to say he was sorry. All the other kids got snow cones, but not him. They all ate their snow cones in front of him too. He wasn't throwing a fit or crying. He just stood there like a statue He waited until the last note played on the last song to apologize. Then my best friend's finace tried pulling out a couple bucks to get him a snow cone. I told him h*ll no! No was was he getting snow cone! He had his chance. It's been a week and he still talks about how he didn't get that snow cone, and I ask him why he didn't get it.....
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Shock collars. The Final Solution.

:drinker:
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    kids-are-horrible.gif

This. On the last two flights I've been on. Neither mom tried to stop her little darling in any way. Both kids were plenty old enough to know better (~6-8 yrs old).

I finally turned around, looked mom in the eye and told her either she needed to deal with their child, or I would do it for her.

Worked like a charm. Both times, the kid was apparently so shocked someone said something, he stopped on his own.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I'll pass on BK altogether..........screaming kid or no screaming kid.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Boy, if I ever tried to pull something like that as a kid (about 4 years old on), all it would take was for my mom or dad to give me "the look." They rarely spanked me because "the look" usually took care of it.

I give all the props in the world to parents who take their little kids out in the world, and teach and correct them as necessary, but I just can't understand those parents that let their kids be little terrors out in public. It's like they either don't care or have given up.
  • whitneyhanson1
    whitneyhanson1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am too quick to laugh at internet stories. It occurred to me after I linked to it that the child might be on the spectrum.
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I am too quick to laugh at internet stories. It occurred to me after I linked to it that the child might be on the spectrum.

I've very quick to call BS on anything I read on the internet. I'm pretty sure this is fake.
  • jesse1117
    jesse1117 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I really don't understand why people take their children outside to restaurants. You are causing a disturbance to the public and encouraging kids to eat unhealthy. And plus there are all these bad things that can happen to the kids. In my opinion, anytime a parent takes their kid outside, they are endangering the child and being rude to the public. Call social services on these bad parents.

Ha, you're funny.

Seriously, though, everyone acts like an a-hole now and then. When you leave the house, you run the risk of being annoyed/offended/disgusted by another human. If you can't cope with that, feel free to stay home with the blinds down.
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Based on some of the responses to this thread, I must say:

There are two kinds of parents in the world:
    1. Parents who have a child that has acted bad in public
    2. Parents who lie about their child/children never acting up in public.

I must say that my kids are pretty good; but, they have made an *kitten* of themselves in public before. In today's world, we as parents are very limited in the discipline that can be applied in public and taking the kid and leaving is not always an option.

Just because you see a specific child misbehaving at a given point in time at a specific place does not mean that the child is an evil child or the parents are bad parents.

Exactly
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    kids-are-horrible.gif

tis happened to me once at a company baseball game. my then coworkers didnt believe in telling their kids no and they would end up doing crazy crap at home like destroying the xmas tree and breaking the tv... anyway, one of the kids sat behind me and did this. after about 5 minutes i turned around and asked him to stop kicking my seat because it was disturbing me. i guess i must have inherited "the look" from my mom because he didnt do it again :laugh:

i remember once i had an EPIC tantrum in a grocery store. i wanted tapioca for some reason and my mom was like no. i started crying and then writhing on the floor and screaming and crying bloody murder . i was 6.

my mom walked away and put back ALL the few extra treats she was going to buy me. in the meantime i remember strangers walking by and shaking their heads and being like "you're too old to be acting like that, i dont blame your mom for leaving you" :laugh:

back in my day, we got shamed by strangers, didnt get the pie or any other treat. oh yeah i wasnt allowed to go with her to the grocery store for what seemed like FOREVER. ok it was maybe only a few months, but it felt like years of me going "mommy can i go to the store with you? i'll be good" :laugh:
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I really don't understand why people take their children outside to restaurants. You are causing a disturbance to the public and encouraging kids to eat unhealthy. And plus there are all these bad things that can happen to the kids. In my opinion, anytime a parent takes their kid outside, they are endangering the child and being rude to the public. Call social services on these bad parents.

This entire statement is completely ridiculous! :noway:
    You can't POSSIBLITY have children yourself -- or at least I surely hope not.

You never take them out and my good lord, you'll have a whole different problem on your hands. Besides, I find many ADULTS cause way MORE disturbances, are down right ANNOYING and THEY eat mostly unhealthy. Wish someone could be called on them. No lie.

Reality check people ... seriously.
    I thought the post was at best good for a chuckle but people agreeing kids are awful and resent parents taking their kids out in public? Get over yourselves!

6tlcvo.jpg

You need to get yours checked
  • SwashBlogger
    SwashBlogger Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I really do try to avoid being around children, even relatives. Walmart seems to be infested with poorly supervised obnoxious children. A little girl was running around making a ton of noise. She made eye contact and I very sternly said "No." and shook my head. I'm thinking I scared her because she shut right up. One of these days I might get a beatdown from a parent that doesn't appreciate it.

Gasp! I totally do this! Only I thought I had sort of secret mom power when the kids reacted like that. Now I see that they are just shocked into silence by an adult disapproving of their adorableness.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    On the one hand, this mom was handling things badly. You do not give kids the treats they scream for. On the other hand, all you childless people are one broken condom away from carrying a screaming kid out of a restaurant.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZMA7cDotLkfI97KYrDaJ67lRDbcC-PlREDKPw-648Yehzzbjf

It's called Plan B...