How can someone get to 538lbs?

Options

Replies

• lukewind
    lukewind Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your story. I wish I could tell you how much it touched me emotionally. You are an inspiration, and we're lucky as a community to have you here. :flowerforyou:

Thank you so much, I truly appreciate it!
  • Sharon5913
    Sharon5913 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, and... be glad you took massive action when you did... I have a weight issue all my life and I am in my 50's and finally dedicated to losing the weight.

You are a strong man who has come through much.. Congratulations on your accomplishments!!! Best of luck in your future endeavors.

Sharon
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I do believe that's the first time I've ever nearly cried during a post.
    You're strong and going strong! Keep at it, you're awesome!
    ditto!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    it means so much that you shared your story. I know with my parents I have distanced myself and my weight is where it is suppose to be. My parents were very neglectful and didn't have time for me. I am a short woman who went over 200 lbs but never felt I could go back home. I went thru a divorce and they stuck by my xhusband who was very abusive. Luckily I did not get bigger, guess I knew I had to take care of myself, get a good job. I have a husband now who makes me feel loved and I hope you find love elsewhere when our parents are not able or don't want to do it. Yep,we find food is not love. Guess that is what we were looking for.
  • lukewind
    lukewind Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    it means so much that you shared your story. I know with my parents I have distanced myself and my weight is where it is suppose to be. My parents were very neglectful and didn't have time for me. I am a short woman who went over 200 lbs but never felt I could go back home. I went thru a divorce and they stuck by my xhusband who was very abusive. Luckily I did not get bigger, guess I knew I had to take care of myself, get a good job. I have a husband now who makes me feel loved and I hope you find love elsewhere when our parents are not able or don't want to do it. Yep,we find food is not love. Guess that is what we were looking for.

Sorry to hear about your parents and your ex, those kind of situations are never easy and I can only imagine the pain they caused you. I am glad you finally found someone who deserves you. And congrats on the weight loss so far!
  • pigelet
    pigelet Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Luke - amazing transformation and your story
    touched me. You figured out then"Why" and
    more than went to the "How" and are doing a
    wicked job.

I am inspired! And you have scores of years to revel in.

Kudos,
    ????
  • CINDYRN33
    CINDYRN33 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the loss of your niece! Awesome job on your weightloss!
  • trishalackin
    trishalackin Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I think your journey is incredible, and your ability to try and connect with others and bring understanding speaks volumes of your character. I hope weight loss brings you the happiness you so deeply deserve.

I got one thing out of this story that I truly didn't expect: the realization that in order to reach my goals, I need to be open about how I got here. I can't thank you enough for that.

*hug*
  • AlmightyAce
    AlmightyAce Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wasn't expecting to cry on my lunch break but it was worth it. You are an amazing individual, and I am glad I got to read about your journey. I hope that you have continued success in your life, and know that the rest of us are along for the ride too. You're an inspiration to us all. =)
  • alfonsinarosinsky
    alfonsinarosinsky Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. I am so sorry for the loss of your precious niece. All the best to you on your lifes journey.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your story. I think you have a TON of strength and admire you!
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    My brother-in-law was 30 and over 500 lbs when he met and married my sister, the love of his life. It's never, ever too late to start living in the now.

I was 32 before I made the changes in my life that got me to the best shape of my life. Two years later, I realized how young I am.
  • weblur
    weblur Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I didn't see this thread before today.

Thank you for sharing your story. I admire you for sharing it, for your honesty, and for your inspirational weight loss.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    b
  • ttcbelieve
    ttcbelieve Posts: 181 Member
    Options

I am still mad at myself because I wasted my twenties and most of my thirties and I sometime feel like I don’t have much time left to start a real life,

Thanks

Now...Just wait a min. Did no one tell you 40 is the new 20. You did not waste your 20 and 30. Technically you are just 17...this means you are just about to go into your 20 and have fun.

Seriously...from an oldie....40 is a great age to be and have fun, with all your experience, and the weight goal which I am sure you will reach...you will have a blast for the rest of your life.

Good luck and keep it up
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for sharing your story. You're pretty awesome and remember, it's never too late. Good luck and stay strong!:drinker:
  • Annabear3
    Annabear3 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. Today has been a hard day for me emotionally but reading this story, your story, has pushed me back up. Thank you so much. You should feel proud that you are moving forward. It doesn't matter when you start just that you do.
  • Fsunami
    Fsunami Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Dude:

You are the epitome of what this whole community was built for.

That post was an act of selflessness because you put it all on the table for the entire community to see, and to learn from.

That says a lot about your inner strength and integrity.

Thank you for your impact on the lives of others.

Keep doing what you are doing.....

Fsunami
  • NerdyTXChick
    NerdyTXChick Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an beautiful story! Thank you so much for sharing it. You are an amazing person, I hope you know that.
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Your story has inspired me so much. I too used food to comfort me when I felt alone. You are amazing!! A true champion!! Thank you.