Any ladies 5'6 trying to reach ~ 115lbs mark?

Options

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I'm not big boned, and used to be around 105-115 in my teens and early 20s, but I had very little muscle then. Now my lean body mass is ~106#, so there's no way I could get down to that weight again. But I can fit into some of the jeans I wore then.
  • iamthevieve
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and 172 currently. My ultimate goal is to hit 135lbs. The way I'm built I look anorexic if I go below 130. Big bones and all that. Lol. You can hit your goal. Like a previous poster said, try the 30 day shred.
  • wendinbill
    Options
    I'm 5'5 1/2, and can't imagine ever getting to 115. I'm shooting for 150, then maybe 135. I'd be happy to be a size 10.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    You know, I think you're totally right, after reading the article, maybe i should now be concentrating on upping my strength training to get where I want to be.

Honestly I would much rather look like Staci then have a smaller number on the scale.

OP from your picture you look healthy and yes you are in the healthy weight range. At 115lb you would be underweight. My advice is to focus on strength training to get the results you want.

Personally I'm aiming for 142lbs. But I'll be reevaluating when I get to the top of my healthy weight range.
  • Countrybride2b
    Countrybride2b Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm REALLY wanting to get to 120... I think that would look smokin on me! I'm currently 145... I WAS 135 Buuut then a 4 week trip to Europe happened, a move to a new city for a new job and Christmas! LOL. I'm getting married in August and would LOVE to drop some serious pounds before then! Any advice??? I'm already a workout freak- love hittin up the gym. I do weights and cardio alternating days and take 1-2 days off per week as rest days depending on how sore I am.
  • LouiseVineeta
    LouiseVineeta Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i tried to get there, and did, and got anorexia in the process, and got to 88lbs and now im trying to get back there: BY GAINING not LOSING! haha! Oh dearrrr. IM ONLY 3LBS AWAY THOUGH! so tell me how fabulous you all look there, to motivate me in my recovery :) xxxxxx
  • sbondel
    sbondel Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and weigh around 120lbs and want to get BACK to around 115. I used to weight 113-115 a year or so ago, but once I started training for a 1/2 marathon with my roommate I gained a few pounds, then I did another one and got to 120. I know I have more muscle than before and I do eat right, but I'm at a loss of how to get back to where I was. I just feel more comfortable at my previous weight... I LOVED my body. I have been doing myfitnesspal for a while and it says to do 1390kcal a day, but after a few weeks of not having any success I thought that something more drastic would help so I'm doing 1200 kcal a day (including the food I can eat after exercise). AND I STILL HAVEN'T LOST ANY WEIGHT! Maybe I'm miscalculating what I'm eating, but I make almost all my meals from scratch and know all the nutrition information (I'm a nutrition major so I love this kind of stuff). I workout 5-6x a week (running, soccer, tennis, some weights). Maybe it's just muscle and I should stop trying to lose weight, but I'm afraid if I stop trying I'll gain weight.
    Does anyone have any tips for me, advice, or similar stories?
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've already heard/read a lot about the Jillian Michaels DVD's, unfortunately having done fitness DVD's in the past I know I do NOT have the motivation to do them, think it has to do with being at home. I find I have to actually be in the gym to have the motivation to do a really hard workout.
    Know it may seem that I'm already at a low weight but I am 'small boned' and still carrying obvious excess weight around my mid section, bum, hip area. Not lying when I say I've got flab! Desperate to see the results of all my ab work, I can feel it but its still hiding under that last little bit of fat! (will put a current photo up in the next couple of days)
    Been concentrating mainly on cardio, doing strength training about twice a week, abs and push ups on cardio days.

This is how I feel. I am only 5'2" but weigh 112-114. I cant seem to get any lower but have flab and just cant get "happy" until its gone. But if I equated (or whatever word I'm looking for) to a 5'6" person at 115 I would be 95 lbs though.

Actually it would equate to 108.06...approx 1.743 lbs per inch of height. Sorry I'm a bit of a numbers geek :blushing:
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've already heard/read a lot about the Jillian Michaels DVD's, unfortunately having done fitness DVD's in the past I know I do NOT have the motivation to do them, think it has to do with being at home. I find I have to actually be in the gym to have the motivation to do a really hard workout.
    Know it may seem that I'm already at a low weight but I am 'small boned' and still carrying obvious excess weight around my mid section, bum, hip area. Not lying when I say I've got flab! Desperate to see the results of all my ab work, I can feel it but its still hiding under that last little bit of fat! (will put a current photo up in the next couple of days)
    Been concentrating mainly on cardio, doing strength training about twice a week, abs and push ups on cardio days.

This is how I feel. I am only 5'2" but weigh 112-114. I cant seem to get any lower but have flab and just cant get "happy" until its gone. But if I equated (or whatever word I'm looking for) to a 5'6" person at 115 I would be 95 lbs though.

When you are at a relatively low weight and have flans. It's time to focus on body recomposition instead of the scale. The goal should be to lower body fat percentage.
  • SheepyWolf
    SheepyWolf Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 6.5" and I'm trying to get to 115-120. Currently 148, trying to be healthy after some issues with eating. Looking for supportive friends :)
  • gothamriots
    Options
    5'6" and aiming thereabouts! Currently aiming for 118, but may go to 115. My goal is to be toned, not frail and thin, so I guess we're all in the same boat. :-)
  • cahuengarock
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and I would never try to get down to 115. That's a seriously low weight. A healthy BMI at the lowest is 118 but that would only be for people with really small bone frames. You should shoot for around 120 at the lowest. It seems like you are more interested in getting a toned body than looking anorexic. Muscle weighs more than fat so I don't think it's even possible to have a healthy toned body and weigh 115 at 5'6". Focus more on inches and how toned your body looks. Just eat healthy and be active and the rest will follow.

btw, I have a small bone frame and my target weight is 122.
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    I am 5 foot 6 and currently 114.6lbs... I eat TDEE-25% so 1,543 calories. Trying to build muscle as i lose another 4 lbs too so it will be slow going.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to get to the lower end of your BMI range if you have a small frame and can do so in a healthy way without starving yourself.

I will echo what a few others said about weight and strength training. It has done amazing things for me, and I think it's part of the reason why I am able to eat as much I do, and still maintain a small size.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and my goal is 115. It was 120, but I got there and still have fat to lose...so down I go!
  • quietvibes
    Options
    im 5'6 and weigh 115, and it sucks ! it's way to skinny i think this height is perfect with 120 you just need to lower your percentage in body fat and tone up more dont try to loose more weight! its really not al that being skinny i've been trying to get up to 120 but it feels impossible .......
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    My goal is 139 with 21% body fat. That would be me keeping all 110 lbs of the lean mass I have. For me personally to get down to 115, I'd need to lose about 20 lbs. of muscle.
  • dwlstarr
    Options
    I'm 5'6.5" and am 122.5 going for 115-118. That was my pre pregnancy weight after my fourth child and now after my fifth, I'm aiming to get back to it. I just turned 40, so these last few pounds are tricky. I'm very small boned, my wrist is smaller than my 12 year old daughter's! So I don't really look lean until under 118. I've been doing pilates and running but the only thing that worked for me last time with such a few pounds to lose was to completely cut out anything with flour and/or sugar. I ate lots of healthy food otherwise and lost the last 8 lbs in a few months time. Trying to do this again now.

How is it going for everyone? This thread is a bit old, but I'd love to hear from anyone.
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5½", and my goal was 125. However, I am currently at 129 and don't think another 4lbs will be enough to get me looking how I want to! I guess I will just have to keep going until I like how I look.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    115 borders on being underweight...that might not be the best weight for you. Remember you see your body different than others do...especially if you've had the extra pounds on for awhile.