My dietician keeps body shaming me :(

Options

Replies

• smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Instead of going to see a therapist (which may help), you should find a new nutritionist.

THIS!
  • JoJoVan96
    JoJoVan96 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Therapy is never a bad idea for anyone, honestly. It keeps me from murdering people. :bigsmile:

But honestly, it's time to ditch the nutritionist. Someone with such severe weight issues should NEVER be body shamed, especially by the medical personnel that is supposed to be helping them.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I really suggest everyone stop engaging the asshats among and actually use the report button. For the sake of the OP who doesn't need the MFing trash on her post.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Did you really use the words body shaming and triggering un-ironically?

Also, common sense would have went far here. The only failure of your dietitian was assuming you would apply some.

Completely unnecessary comment. Perhaps you should refrain from giving input when the OP is a recovering ED. Of course, that would require some common sense.

Because coddling works so well.

And how many eating disorders have you successfully recovered from?

Zero. Remember, common sense? I like that everyone here gets all uppity when someone posts a sob story belonging on tumblr when someone doesn't treat them like an abandoned puppy because "OH MY AN EATING DISORDER," yet people will gladly thrash around like a bunch of morons if someone dares to say they eat sub 1k calories, because that's what everyone else does. Not like that's an eating disorder, either.

I treat all people equally. Thanks.
    I suppose you would suggest that we treat all types of mental illness with a little "tough love" then? SMDH

I think that's enough internet for you today.

Forget EDs. I want to hear this guys thoughts on Foreign Policy and Immigration Reform.

Im thinking he (or she have no idea from the pic) would possibly round up some "illegals" and shoot them out of a cannon over the border??

man-shot-from-cannon-o.gif

To the OP. It sounds like you dont like your dietician. You're the customer right? Are you not happy with them? Fire them and get a new one!!

Ice cream is an excellent source of nutrition!
  • Aquaburry
    Options

Also, common sense would have went far here. The only failure of your dietitian was assuming you would apply some.

She's working to recover from an eating disorder. With hard work she will get there.

You're just an *kitten*.

Thank you, Brett. This guy is a tool who has nothing good to contribute and clearly is to ignorant to understand my post.
  • Aquaburry
    Options

Nice. :huh:

Nice? Why? Because the comment was from a tool and you too agree with him? Guess what, I'm struggling here and you're no help, so don't comment.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Nice? Why? Because the comment was from a tool and you too agree with him? Guess what, I'm struggling here and you're no help, so don't comment.

The "nice" comment was snark directed towards the tool.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

The "nice" was sarcasm.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

How is it possible that you missed my sarcasm?
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

I think this person means "Nice" like "You're a jerk, why bother commenting" :huh:
  • Aquaburry
    Options

Completely unnecessary comment. Perhaps you should refrain from giving input when the OP is a recovering ED. Of course, that would require some common sense.

Because coddling works so well.

How are they coddling me by giving me good advice?
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Is she a dietitian or a nutritionist? There's a difference.

OP has specified it is a RD.

In her situation though the interpersonal relationships she has with her healthcare professionals is probably going to be just as important as their qualifications however.

Duly noted... Must have missed that part.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

She's working to recover from an eating disorder. With hard work she will get there.

You're just an *kitten*.

Thank you, Brett. This guy is a tool who has nothing good to contribute and clearly is to ignorant to understand my post.
    you have a lot of support here... Just step over the crap on the sidewalk ...not worth your time... I wish you well in your recovery.
  • Aquaburry
    Options

I think this person means "Nice" like "You're a jerk, why bother commenting" :huh:

Oh...In that case, sorry. Sarcasm is hard to read via the internet. If thats what they meant I apologize. The first guy was just such a jerk I was so flabbergasted and assumed others were agreeing with him.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Raylan-eye-roll.gif
  • Aquaburry
    Options
    I think your kind of going over board with with junk food. I don't know why your eating so much junk. I think your dietitian is just trying to help you get back to a normal body weight. I think your taking one extreme to the next. Which often happens with food disorders....

I am sorry she made you feel bad but perhaps you need to find a new dietitian. One that might encourage better habits.

No.

THANNNNKK YOU. Also sorry about mis interpreting your sarcasm before, my mistake!
  • Maitria
    Maitria Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I am not 100% certain, but from your post, it doesn't sound like you received mental health treatment. It's extremely tough to long-term beat an eating disorder without some form of therapy (from a counselor, psychologist, social worker, etc). As you have learned from this thread, there are far more unkind and thoughtless people out there than your RD. Therapy will help you learn how to deal with the asshats of the world. DBT is a great form of treatment for people suffering from eating disorders.
  • shewasanicon
    shewasanicon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Be gentle with yourself. I would try a new dietician, therapy or a self help group. They're out there and I am part of one. If you want to know more, message me.

Take care,
    Lucy
  • itistobeme
    Options
    Read her story, here: http://ohsheglows.com/about/, and check out her recipes. High taste, High nutrition.