Am I seriously obese? 41% Body Fat

Options

Replies

• jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    There is no way you're at 41% body fat... I was ALOT bigger than you and I was at like 34-35% when I started.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    There is no way you're at 41% body fat... I was ALOT bigger than you and I was at like 34-35% when I started.

This is a zombie thread :P
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Based on the limited pics in your profile, I'd peg you around 30-32% BF, not 41.

Although I use a similar device to measure my BF, I use it more to see a trend than the actual number. Although I did compare my device to a DEXA back in DEcember, and the DEXA indicated 2% BF lower than my scale, so the scale wasn't far off.
  • jescamp9481
    jescamp9481 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I feel the sam way. I am 5'9 weigh 215 lbs and I am considered obese based on my BMI. I dont think I "look" obese but I guess that term is relative. someone who has been of a healthy weight their whole life might look at me an say I am obese but to me I was never "obese". oh well, I have to lose 16 more lbs to be considered "overweight" and not obese. :(
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Everything is rubbish & everyone has a differing opinion...haven't you noticed that? Lol...i am currently 238 pounds and guess what? I'm 43% body fat! And there is quite a big difference between our physiques! So don't worry about anything luv...you're ok as long as you feel you are! If you want to make improvements than by all means do it. But don't worry so much about #s or opinions.

You're new to the forums, so I'll try to be nice about this -- don't necromance threads. This thread died 2 years ago. For the general forums, the limit is generally just a couple of weeks (no more than a month, but even longer than about 2 weeks is questionable and you should really consider the response you're making). The groups are more forgiving, since they're not usually as active. A good rule of thumb could be that the more active a forum is, the shorter the expiration time for threads.

You'll "try" to be nice about this? Lol if someone responding to an old thread made you "try to be nice" in your response then you should re-examine your priorities perhaps. It happens all the time and it's really not that serious. Thread police :laugh:

Considering my initial response was "holy thread necromancy, Batman!" and I decided to be nice by not teasing and instead be straightforward, yes, it was me being nice. Normally, I don't care if people respond to older threads, even ones that are a month old or three old, but 2 years dead is a "bit" much by anyone's standards. You have to really dig to get to a thread that old, especially on a forum as active as MFP's General Diet and Weight Loss Help section.
  • mammamia505
    mammamia505 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am just now 41% down from 67%. Im also shocked but in a different way! Ill take the 41 Alex! 😂 I almost had a heart attack when the Dr. Told me I was at 67% and if I didnt lose weight I probably really would have a heart attack! Hope you get a 2nd opinion. That trainer sounds unethical! Ive worked with two diffrent trainers and neither has pushed pills or supplements on me. Only suggestions and they were not the sellers.
  • mammamia505
    mammamia505 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    There is NO WAY youre at 41%. Just saw your pics! Im 41% and our pics are No where in the same ballpark! Just saying! If youre obese them Im still Morbidly Obese! 😂🤷🏼‍♀️😏 But headed in the right direction! Thats what matters💪hang in there.
  • mlsh69
    mlsh69 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to that trainer, he obviously is just trying to sell you something. Also as far as I know, they're not supposed to sell supplements or something, that is against the practice. About the 41% body fat, I suggest that you get a second opinion using either calipers or if you have money, do the gold standard such as hydrostatic weigh-in or DEXA scan. Handheld devices are one of the least accurate methods although as the above poster said, all body fat analysis are inaccurate & they just give you estimates.

This exactly^^^
  • mlsh69
    Options
    palmerig88 wrote: »
    TrTry putting your measurements into the military body fat % calculator on fat2fitradio.com and try again in a month or two

This is also a good idea
  • mlsh69
    Options
    shaynak112 wrote: »
    First, that's ridiculous.
    Second, you have a gorgeous body. I want to look like that! Seriously though, you're about 10 lbs lighter than I am and I'd love to get rid of 10 lbs :p

I agree
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,830 Member
    Options
    How are all these zombie threads getting dug up? I'm seeing a lot lately.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    lkpducky wrote: »

Happy New Year...
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    sassyjae21 wrote: »

Haha, it was a zombie in 2014. Now it is ULTIMATE ZOMBIE!!!!!

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    sassyjae21 wrote: »

Haha, it was a zombie in 2014. Now it is ULTIMATE ZOMBIE!!!!!

Zombie squared :lol:
  • Raysie1
    Raysie1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    And I sent someone a Hug before I realised. Grrr!
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    lkpducky wrote: »

Maybe someone did a topic search and didn’t look at the date. (?)
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Raysie1 wrote: »
    And I sent someone a Hug before I realised. Grrr!

Me, too. There weren’t “hugs” on the forums back then :lol: