Kangoo Jumps?? Worth the price??

Options
124»

Replies

• Sherrim13
    Sherrim13 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    If you look at the website Aliexpress - they have the shoes for $75 - $110. This is an overseas company so I am not sure they are the same qualify/brand but the price sounds a lot better than $250... I have been looking into buying a pair but am wondering if I want to buy yet another fitness product that will sit with the others I no longer use : )
  • Betta2
    Betta2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Kangoo Jumps that I really enjoyed using...lots of fun and good workout. Took getting used to being so tall, lol! I don't use them anymore unfortunately due to an Achilles injury that was in no way related to the jumps (too many squats and lunges at one time--apparently my form was off and I didn't realize it).
  • Katanthus
    Katanthus Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Yes, they are worth the price. I have had mine for over 2 years now, and I couldn't be without them. I broke my ankle many hundreds of years ago, when I was 16, and a few years back I injured my knee (osteochondral defect). I was never a runner before, but after rehabilitation to get me walking again, I saw a girl wearing KJs, and thought that would help me put less impact on my knee. I was a bit reluctant to spend $250 on them, but did. I have to say, I have not looked back.

I took them to my physio, and she checked them out. She even said, the impact and compression on the joints is GREATLY reduced. They may look odd, but I don't care, they protect my ankles and knees.

I was running 3-6 miles a day. My best 5k was 17 minutes.

I use them 5-6 days a week, and do about 30+ minutes on them.

If anyone says that Kangoo Jumps DON'T work the core, are:

1. Have hideous posture
    2. Don't use them properly
    3. Talking out of their hat
    4. All of the above

I have have the first two of a six pack appearing on my stomach, and they must be strong, because they are showing strongly through a layer of flab. I admit it. My waist is more defines, and my legs and bum look good.

Good running shoes will cost at LEAST $100 a pair. They should be replaced 400 - 600 miles. Kangoo Jumps treads can be replaced, keep the original shell. Mine have lasted me over two years, and still in great condition.

Look online, find a Kangoo Jump class near you, and go rent some, and try them.

Happy jumping.
  • Undead_ichi
    Options
    google Poweriser

i have these and there awesome fun not massively dangerous but getting on and off of them is a bit tricky you get to run really really fast in them.

looks not so good but better than the kangeroo jumps Imho
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    these are the things i've actually seen on tv before.

they look like they take some skill to use
  • Julzee99
    Julzee99 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well worth it!!!!! :happy:
  • Julzee99
    Julzee99 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am getting more and more excited about getting them. And I am going to try ebay and craigslist to try and get them cheaper. And I am not too klutzy so hopefully (fingers crossed) I won't fall too many times. And if I do... I will just get back up and try again. :)

I don't know if you ever ended up getting a pair of KJ's (can no longer stand to read all the negative comments - dang!!) Regardless, I got a pair a few weeks ago and absolutely LOVE them!!! As far as where you can wear them -... um ANYWHERE!!!! paved roads or dirt roads, it doesn't matter. I wear mine all around the house while I clean. I do workouts in them and go running in them. Much rather run in these then sneakers. Yes, they are a bit expensive, but you know what? Ya only live once - I figured I'd do something for ME for once!!
    P.S. they are very easy to walk and run in! You have to balance a little bit, but other then that, very, very little risk of falling.
  • jetsetmaven
    jetsetmaven Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I think they're worth the price if you're using them regularly. I bought a new pair two years ago ($279 + tax + shipping) and have no regrets. I take a weekly class and was paying $20 every 5 weeks for the boots rental. You sweat so much in the class that I did not feel comfortable putting my feet in boots that someone else had sweat in (same feeling I have about bowling shoes, so I bought my own). I doubt my instructor washes the inserts after every class. Plus, I wanted the silver and pink colors and the rentals were all black with a contrasting color. A cheaper option would be to buy them used, and buy replacement inserts (they're washable) and springs so that you get optimal workout. The replacements will set you back around $100.
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I've thoroughly researched these and think they're worth a try. You can use them at home with a regular workout DVD rather than running outdoors if you want to. I think they will be something that I can stick to because I did love using a mini-trampoline (which I no longer have) and that will be easy on my knees and ankles, which make regular workouts too painful. This will be my Christmas present to myself this year.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Ha! The title made me think of those KangaROOS shoes in the '80s, with the little pocket on the side. They were big at my grade school.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KangaRoos