Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• jillywilliams2014
    jillywilliams2014 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    hello everyone, I am new to this site. if you don't mind I would like to join you in your discussions. I have no "friends" yet, but would love to get to know ya'll . hope you all have a fantastic day!
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Holy Cats! Sorry I dropped off the grid, folks. I went camping, had a birthday party for my daughter, and then a long week back to work and now I'm working the weekend. I'm afraid my August logging goals got shelved for a couple weeks...partly due to being in the woods with no cell service for a few days, and partly due to don't-give-a-poop-itis.

My Saturday Success is that I am getting back on track with the thread/my August goals starting today. Last year at this time is when my weight loss fell apart and I stopped logging all together and gained back a bunch of weight. This year will not be the same!

Going to be spending the rest of the weekend going back and getting caught up with all your posts.
  • angelamb1970
    angelamb1970 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Rounding out week 2 on 5:2 and looking for buddies!! I've got a lot of weight to lose, 100 pounds plus. Would love to meet others with similar goals, for inspiration and support. I log in every day and my diary is public, and up for critique as well, I can take it :D
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    newcomers - welcome and YIKES! I have so many to welcome individually - so sorry I haven't been around to do so! If you want to friend me that's fine but please say you saw me in Robins THread so I will friend you back - OK? I'll be happy to friend ANYONE in this thread by the way!

Susan - so close but so far! I'll miss seeing you but have fun in NEW YORK!

cblue (lori) I love that you added a LATER goal - great that you have something to look ahead toward!

Laurie - WOOT ! 2 lbs DOWN! HAPPY DANCE for you! :love: :flowerforyou: :love:

Skinny - great start on the lighter, higher reps. Glad you feel they are "right" for you. Glad Gunner survived his injuries. Always a concern! Hey remember the Voodoo dolls. I now have a photo and once I get a photoshop account I will show you a picture!

BettJo - welcome. Your personal saga is one amazing story, and your love story too! Both made me teary eyed. Sad then happy ! Glad to have you with us!

LivesTT - did you go with LED lighting in the room? Curious about that....

Tanya - I went tubing - ONCE - cuz I had to port the tube a long way walking also - on rocks - a LONG WAY ...on rocks did I mention that.... on rocks...:laugh: my sympathies ....I KNOW you hurt, girl,.........
    Enjoy the kayaking - I want to hear all about it!

ddas - welcome!

sooosun - congrats for staying under your goal! babysitting - yep its like riding a bike you never forget, unless you misplace the baby....:laugh:

Morgori (Tom) - Love your days I hope you've got the same calendar for next year! Tanya will be celebrating todays!

jillygreen - wlecome -yep you did it right - now come back and do it again!

hansea - Poopitis - hmmm.......not in dictionary.....well guess I understand anyway :wink:
    you can get back in the saddle right now!

AFM - not eating much - my diet is very bland and unexciting but still a person can overeat whatever their diet consists of - my pleasure food is vanilla ice cream and I can certainly over eat that! Like WOW! So my days this month are now at 9/16 not too good. Gonna have to work harder and walk more so can be better fit for my vacation.
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Talk about being a newbie! I am not sure how or what I am doing on the forum. How to make friends or any of the other support helps But I do need friends and help. I have t2d and really need to shed this weight ASAP. I am not expecting it to go immediately but need to see regular improvement. If I make some silly error here it is because I am totally out of element. Would love have some friends to help and share the journey.
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I certainly fit in that club. I recently just wiped out a good start. I was doing pretty good and then my mouth went into hyperdrive and now I am back to ground zero. Would love to share my journey with someone who has a similar challenge. I think with a little help I can do this. I it is good to see that others have successfully done this.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    The first leg of our return home is done. We will stay here tonight and drive home tomorrow. Still don't know when the car will be ready.
    I'm sorry that I have so much company on the derailed August goal train. Mine will be upright and on track Monday morning. I refused my sister's offer to bring M&Ms with me. Thank goodness they are behind me!
    Oystereyes, and other newbie, you have found the perfect place to share your stories and get support for the hard times.
    Thanks for the links for figuring body fat and body type. I am definitely 'large' frame. The various charts have either on the bottom edge of obese or the top end of overweight.
    I can do this! Onward and downward, Kaye
  • Brenda_1129
    Brenda_1129 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    @BettJo~I hope you get your treadmill fixed. Don't give into those "it wasn't meant to be thoughts" You can do this! The broken treadmill is just an hurdle, so jump! I am with you on the anniversary being a good time frame to focus on. My anniversary is in February and I am going to try to be back at the weight I was when we got married. I have enough time to do it. Keep you chin up and just keep walking whenever you can.

@Ddas~Nice job on the 5.9 miles. That is fabulous!!

@Susan~I love water aerobics. I don't always feel like I get as good a workout as I do during kickboxing but I love the instructor and it is great for my knee and allows me to do thing that are usually very difficult.

@Oystereyes~ Welcome. I will send you a friend request.

Saturday Success~Huge NSV for me today. I made it through 7 hours of term paper writing and other school work without grabbing a bag of chips or cookies or other snacks that are bad for me. This is a very big deal as I always have snacks when I am doing school work. I did not make it to the gym today but I knocked out a HUGE assignment so its a trade off.

I hope everyone else is having a great weekend so far.
    BRENDA
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Oystereyes - welcome! For a newbie, you wrote a lovely post. That's all you need to do, come back and make posts like that. You'll have friends here whether you accumulate a bit list on your home page or not. You can friend me just put that you met me on Robins 100 lb thread, OK? Thanks. Also, we'll try to answer any questions you have. You seem to be doing OK so far!

Kaye - sorry you got derailed. Me too but back on track again == tomorrow!

Brenda - WOW on your 7 hr term paper! Amazing you got through it without snacks!!! Like you said, it was your FIRST time and not your LAST, right??? So impressed with you! :love:

AFM - Doing a wee bit of drinking Baileys tonight - quite watered down with milk - I'd say its 10 parts milk to 1 part Baileys - and then 6 ice cubes so pretty weak, but tasty to me! :smooched: I rarely drink alcohol anymore but "gave in" to peer pressure! :laugh: :laugh:
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Karen and Susan- My flight is also leaving NYC at 4:15pm so we will be walking around the airport for a little while at least.

Skinny/Karen-Glad Gunner is doing okay. Sounds like the new routine will be beneficial for you.

BettyJo- Hope you get the clearance for the lap band removal and that you are cancer free.

Hansea- Welcome back, sounds like a great vacation.

Jillygreanbean, angelamb, Oystereyes- Welcome, you will find plenty of support on this thread.

Kaye- Have a safe trip home.

Grammy- We have a transport wheelchair for my dad, which is lighter than the other chairs. You can see if that would be better for your husband or at least easier for you lift.

My success for the week was getting out of the obese category and weighing below 190 pounds for the first time in years most likely high school. I went for a swim this morning and a 5 mile walk tonight. It was great.

Friend requests- If you are making a friend request to anyone in this group be sure to include a note saying where you found us- ie on Robin’s Thread or Need to lose 100 lbs… This way we know who are are and not just some strange person who has friended us. FYI- many of us tend to offer more support on this thread than we do on the new feed, due to time. If you post on the thread you will get the support and answers to questions etc from other group members. Personally, I respond to people on this thread more than I do on the news feed.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday.
  • BettJo64
    BettJo64 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Ladies, another perfectly beautiful day has come and gone. Makes me pause to be thankful for those I love dearly and all that I am able to claim as my own in this life. For every ache and pain, every moment of irritation, all my weaknesses and failures, and all my tears...the joy of a new day to do better, to be a better me, and love my life more than ever before is awaiting me in each new dawn. Ladies, smile in the morning sunshine and love yourself completely as you are today on your journey.

@jillygreenbean74 - hello and welcome :-)
    @angelamb1970 and @oystereyes - ladies, I share in your big weight loss goals...so please reach out whenever you want. Welcome to the group and know that you are in a safe and happy place here.
    @Lauriek70 - thank you so much for thinking of me and for the good wishes for my lapband removal.
    @Susan2396 - I live in Columbus, Georgia. My hubby and I have gone up to the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area many times over the years to rent a cabin for our anniversary date. We love it up there in the Smoky Mountains.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Good Morning to all

Welcome oystereyes, angelamb1970 and Jillygreenbean. I too am pretty new to this group but get so much more than I put in.

Sunday Success - I haven't had a binge in almost 2 months. Yesterday I was feeling pretty sorry for myself and went for it. After eating what I thought was ALOT I logged it anyway and found I was still under my calorie goals. I had enough calories for soup last night.

My fitness plan for the week:
    Sunday - 20 minutes ont he elliptical, 45 minutes resistance, 60 mins Bodypump, swim 30
    Monday - Swim 45
    Tuesday - 20 mins elliptical, 45 minutes resistance with the trainer, 30 min swim
    Wednesday - swim 45
    Thursday - 20 mins elliptical, 45 mins resistance with the trainer, 30 min swim
    Friday - walk 4 miles
    Saturday - 30 mins elliptical, 30 minutes cxworx, 30 min swim

love to all
    Lori
  • ebailey710
    ebailey710 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Good morning, I haven't been on my computer recently because I took the work iPad home and I've been playing with that. I can't download any other apps because I don't have the Apple store password, but I like to Pinterest on there.

Yesterday I broke in my new runners. My feet feel so great in them and I have little to no pain in my knees. Although I should probably add more strength back in to support them. I have a friend who lives nearby and we met up at the HS track and walked around for a bit. Her idea of fitness and mine is a lot different, but we enjoy each other's company. She is all about cardio and I keep wanting to incorporate more strength (clearly, I'm good on cardio since I'm running so often). Yesterday I told her my back is sore and she wanted me to bring a jump rope with me to the HS. Sometimes she tells me I am making excuses when I tell her something hurts. Today I cancelled our workout because my shoulder has kept me up all night. So many things need attention on my body that I feel like a hypochondriac. I would feel like I'm whining if I go in about my back, my shoulder, and my foot.

DH keeps buying ice cream and pop...I guess I don't have to eat or drink it, but I love ice cream and DH bought a pop that I like as well as one for him...I keep telling him no pop no ice cream but I always give in.
  • Brenda_1129
    Brenda_1129 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    @Robin~It was very difficult to make it through without snacks. I have some cucumbers cut up already for today, just in case. That should help me stay away from the snack cabinet. I will be at it again today with school work. Hopefully it won't be another 7 hours. 9 more months and I am done!!!!

Sunday Sharing~I won a free 30 minute personal training session with my kickboxing instructor. She is a beast and it will most likely be a great workout. On another note, it looks like I will be going out of the country for a month and it scares the crap out of me. Mostly because I do not know what to expect but another part is that I will be limited on food options and I don't know about the gym situation. I just have to stay focused and not let this derail me and remember that I am going to work on an issue that effects human beings whose lives are not about working out and eating right but more about eating to survive, if they can find access to food and other basic human needs. I think this trip will put a lot in perspective for me.

Have a fabulous Sunday!
    BRENDA
  • tvmama
    tvmama Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. Yet again, I've let the thread get away from me and haven't checked in in awhile. I was getting overwhelmed with trying to change so many things - types of food I eat, amount I eat, more exercise, tracking - and so I decided to just focus on tracking every single day. I'm now on a 13 day streak, which is the best I've ever done. I have yet to land at my calorie goal, which still feels so low! I looked at a current picture of myself today and feel renewed motivation again. I like the idea of putting two food choices side-by-side and just making the choice --- it makes me remember that food intake is always about the choices I make.

So, now that I'm almost up to 2 weeks of tracking regularly, I think it's time to make a new goal: 7 fruits/vegetables every day. That means 2 every meal, plus a snack. I'm hoping that focusing on eating more good food, rather than less "bad" food, will help me to get closer to the calorie goal. I need to start seeing some weight loss results to stay motivated!
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday! I just caught up on reading all the pages I missed since I last posted. I wanted to say I am so proud of each and every one of you. I love all the new faces joining our group too. It is always nice to meet new people.

As for me, I have officially had my first gain. I am now up to 218 :cry: I knew it was coming but the initial shock of the gain was a bit much for me to handle. I know it's all just baby and all that good stuff but still it was hard. I worked so hard to shed that weight, I don't ever want to go back to where I was before. Thankfully I'm over it now and have come to terms with it. It could be worse. The other day I stepped on the scale and it said 220. :noway: But then I remembered all the salty food I ate the day before including Chinese food. Thankfully that was only bloat and quickly went away. So far I am still on track for my 15 lb gain so it's all good. I have had quite a few bouts with insomnia which aren't fun. Typically I wake up anywhere between 1:40-2:20 and cannot fall back asleep. Then around 5 am I doze off for a few hours. Thankfully with my summer schedule I don't go into work until the afternoon so I can sleep in the morning for a bit. Summer programs ended last week so I officially have off until school starts up again. I am looking forward to the break. I plan on tackling the rest of the guestroom and then hitting my art/workout room. I don't know if I mentioned it before but that room is being converted into the nursery so all my stuff will have to go into the guest room. I also have a few DYI projects going that I want to work on to spruce up the house a bit. When it comes to baby, 2 more weeks until my anatomy scan. Anyone care to vote on the sex of the baby? We already know due to the results of Maternit21 test but are waiting to share when the anatomy scan confirms it.

The past 2 days I have had a surplus of energy. I ended up scrubbing the kitchen from top to bottom including the fridge, stove, microwave and toaster oven. Yesterday I played in the garden for half of the day then ran some errands. When it comes to nutrition, I have been doing fairly well. My cravings have not been too terrible and I have been meeting my protein goals every day. Though I did give into a few cravings of potato chips and Dunkin Donuts. I discovered Harvest Moon (my tortie) enjoys Boston Cream just as much as I do. She was really cute licking some cream off my finger. I am sure my vet would scold me if he ever knew. :embarassed:

Hope everyone has a great day and an even better week! :flowerforyou:
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Top of the morning to everybody.

oystereyes- I’m type 2 diabetic also and that is what got me to finally lose weight. I was told I have t2d in October 2011 when I was 400lbs. A1C was 9.1% but now it is under 6%. I sent you a friend request if you would like to see my food diary I think it is open to the public. Friends can diffidently see it. I understand you may not want to friend males so if not that is alright with me.

Nettie- Here is a link I saw and thought of you. Not that I’m OCD but I started googling what to eat when pregnant and well here are some links. I’m not saying these are all correct but they may be worth a read.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_diet-for-a-healthy-vegetarian-pregnancy_1313874.bc

http://www.pcrm.org/health/diets/vegdiets/vegetarian-diets-for-pregnancy

http://www.webmd.com/baby/features/menu-help-for-vegetarian-moms-to-be

http://www.babycenter.com/pregnancy-eating-well

http://www.webmd.com/baby/ss/slideshow-what-not-to-eat-when-pregnant

http://www.parents.com/pregnancy/my-body/nutrition/15-pregnancy-power-foods1/#page=11

August 17, 2014 is
    Happy National Vanilla Custard Day
    Today is National Vanilla Custard Day! Vanilla custard is a sweet pudding-like dish made with vanilla, eggs, sugar, and milk. It can be enjoyed on its own or as a topping for other desserts.
    Vanilla custard has been around since the Middle Ages, and was traditionally used as a pie filling. (A very simple custard tart was a popular dessert during that time period.) Today, custard is an important component in many dessert recipes including éclairs, trifle, and Boston cream pie.
    To celebrate National Vanilla Custard Day, whip up your favorite homemade custard dessert to share with friends and family. Enjoy!

“Choice, not chance, determines destiny.” ~E.C. McKenzie

Tom
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Still getting caught up...made it to page 6!
  • blturner1
    blturner1 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Bump!
    I'm still hanging in there....
    Thank you all for continuing to be here! :flowerforyou:
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    biturner-Great to see you back. Hope you are well.

Nettie- The gain is all baby so just keep that in mind. I think the baby will be a boy.

Tom- I will be celebrating with a piece of chocolate cream pie.

I am Laurie- 44 years young and a middle school science teacher. I start back to work on Monday. This week will be plenty of inservice training with some time to work in my classroom. It is hard to believe that this summer is coming to an end. I have enjoyed it very much and liked being so active. So now, I will need to be a bit more creative to get in the extra activity throughout the work day. I might also invest in a fitbit to help me track my steps.

I did take advantage of the beautiful weather today and went Kayaking for 1 hour. It was nice being on the water and soaking up the vitamin D. A great way to relax before dealing with the stress of school.

Hope you have a great day.