Skinny/ Fit people Problems

Options
Today on my feed, one of my friends said, "It's so hard to burn 1000 pounds when you only weigh ** pounds." I thought to myself, Skinny (fit) people problems, lol.

What new "problems" do you have now that you are thinner, fitter, or have a healthier lifestyle.

Note: 1) Please don't lecture me about the word, "skinny" I know most of us don't even want to be "skinny", but that is the widely used word so indulge me.
2) Even though many of us are no where near "skinny" and maybe don't even consider ourselves fit yet, there are new "problems" associated with our new MFP lifestyle.

For me, I found myself saying today, "Honey, I can't fit anymore fresh fruits and vegetables in the refrigerator!" I usually buy so many boxed carbs, etc, that the pantry is full and not the fridge. I call that a "skinny/ fit people problem":)

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    My wedding rings spin around and feel like they're going to fly off, sometimes I try on a small shirt and it's too big, sometimes I find that the size extra small fits but the sleeves are too tight on my biceps, the ankle straps on a lot of scrappy shoes are too loose even on the last hole...
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I went from being able to buy cheap bra's at walmart to having to try and find a bra in my size that isn't going to cost $60+. :sad:

My closet is becoming empty as I slowly get rid of the clothes that are too big for me.

I've been spending more time "in bed" with my husband than in previous years. In fact that is the reason we have a 2 month old now. :tongue: :laugh:

I have to wear my wedding rings on a necklace currently. The last time I wore them on my finger, they flew off my hand during a workout.
  • WhoWasGivenToFly
    WhoWasGivenToFly Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My clothes are getting baggy. I realized today that I need to go shopping for smaller sizes. I've wanted to have this problem for awhile:wink:
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I'm sure this one will be said a bunch... but mooning people haha. I cant keep my pants up, like ever. running across the street last week with a fist full of fabric in the front.. i'm like... whattt? awesome but horrible.

and i get mysterious bruises more easy without my fat to protect me haha.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    This is a HAPPY skinny/fit issue - cute!!!

""" I've been spending more time "in bed" with my husband than in previous years. In fact that is the reason we have a 2 month old now. """"

????????????????????????
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Jeans never fit. Tiny waist, good size thighs and buns. So, anything that is wearable is loose at the hips
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Too many unsolicited comments / compliments about weight loss. I just want to be normal!! :sad:

Who am I kidding, worship me, World!!! :blushing:
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I really love going for my workouts, so I wanted new, fun and funky clothing to match my excitement for my gym time. Soooo, I am now on the hunt for cute tanks and shorts or capri's. My closet has gone from "frump" to "funk" and I love it - but, I see it as a "problem". Nobody needs as many tanks as I currently own. It could be worse, I suppose. :wink:
  • baldnavywife
    baldnavywife Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    my heart rate monitor chest strap won't stay up anymorw & I have it at the tightest it can be
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    rings spinning. drives me nuts lol
    clothes are baggy, but dont want to buy new clothes yet 31 more pounds have to go
    i get cold easy
    i can relate to mysterious bruises. no fat suit to protect me lol
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Oh, yeah bra shopping only happens online for me. Try finding a bra with a band size of 30 in a cup size befitting a matronly bosom on a Walmart budget, lol! I live in sports bras (the Hanes 3-pack el-cheapos) during summer break. :sad:

And...my feet shrunk, for real! I have a whole shoe wardrobe of wide widths that are too roomy now. Didn't see that coming. Really, even my feet lost weight?
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Too many unsolicited comments / compliments about weight loss. I just want to be normal!! :sad:

:bigsmile:
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Always hungry
    Always cold (it's winter where I'm at)
    Have to buy shorts in boys dept..they don't normally make less than 30 inch waists in big boy section. All my underwear is super heros...I kid you not. My wife just shakes her head.:ohwell:
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I get offered rides frequently when I do my daily walks... you know because it is so hot in Phoenix... This didn't happen when I was 100 lbs heavier last summer when I started walking

and the constant freezing in air conditioning as I have no more insulation (which is why the 90 degree walks don;t bother me)

It's 90 degrees outside and I am in the house watching TV in flannel pj's and under a blanket
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options

LOL! I totally get this… both sides of it. There is part of me that just wants to be normal. I get a little self-conscious with the comments about weight loss or how dedicated I am (usually when I'm seen walking in the heat of the afternoon). But at the same time… I LOVE the comments!

The clothes thing is totally an issue. Everything is too big… Even when I buy new things that fit… they only fit for a short period of time. Any money saved from eating less is now going toward clothing!

My watch spins around on my wrist like nobody's business. I can fit a finger between my wrist and my watch band.

Oh, yeah… and I get cold a lot easier now. And I still have lots of weight to lose. This winter is gonna SUCK!
  • KiwipowaRoo
    KiwipowaRoo Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    my heart rate monitor chest strap won't stay up anymorw & I have it at the tightest it can be

This is so annoying!!!
  • WW_Jude_V2
    WW_Jude_V2 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Today, for the first time ever, I wasn't able to find my size because I'm too small!! The store didn't carry anything lower than a 6.

I'm not quite sure how I feel about that. I didn't realize it would be just as frustrating as not being able to find a big enough size.

Now that I've typed this out, I'm feeling peeved all over again! :huh:
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options

This is so annoying!!!

Fold and Stitch off an inch of it? I've had to become an alterations pro, though I just have a needle and thread. And I've done this a couple times, but sometimes ya just gotta let the loose clothes go:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1089094-first-world-problem-solution-squat-butt-waist-gaps
  • SergeantNarwhal
    SergeantNarwhal Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I can't find a child-sized running holder for my iPhone but my arms are too skinny for the adult ones.
  • jenniferhanisch5
    jenniferhanisch5 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Agree with too little room in the fridge for fruits/vegetables
    Also that the gyms only allow you two hours for the kids club...seriously not enough time to work out