Good Morning, Everyone! I hope you had a nice weekend. :flowerforyou:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Hello beautiful people! :flowerforyou:
  • SkinnyMama
    SkinnyMama Posts: 146
    Options
    Hey all! Looks like it's gonna be a great week! We are having some beautiful weather, I love when I can get outside and get a good work out:-) :flowerforyou:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Morning y'all. I'm new to the Purple team!
  • tall_t
    tall_t Posts: 251
    Options
    Good morning all :glasses:

Welcome Megan to the Purple People Team!
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Morning y'all. I'm new to the Purple team!

Good morning all! And welcome Megan, to the purple team! Hope everyone had a great weekend. I forgot - when are we sending in our weigh-in's, Tuesday or Wednesday?
  • Fab140
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thanks you guys :happy:
  • IrishRosebud
    Options

I had a great weekend. I spent three hours kayaking down a river. I found muscles I don't think I have used much. I had a great time and it feels good having sore muscles.
  • Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Options
    OK I'm going to start a Q&A!

What does everyone do to avoid those ugly "binge" moments?

My sweet spot is candy. To avoid eating a giant bag (aka 500 calories) of gummy worms, I get a Blow Pop. It's satisfying, and takes a while to eat!
  • Canelitas
    Canelitas Posts: 712
    Options
    My weekend was good, I did some walking and went shopping :bigsmile:

Welcome, Megan :flowerforyou:

Thanks OomarianneoO for pointing out about the weight-ins.
    Weight-In is either on Tuesday or Wednesday Morning (Perferably Tuesday).
    Don't post it up, send me a message with it, and once all 3 team leaders have posted thier teams stats, you are more than welcome to discuss your weight loss. :flowerforyou:

I come online and start reading post. :bigsmile:

I haven't excersised nor walked yet...I feel kind of lazy :ohwell:
  • OomarianneoO
    Options

I had a great weekend. I spent three hours kayaking down a river. I found muscles I don't think I have used much. I had a great time and it feels good having sore muscles.

Oh that sounds like fun!!! I have been trying to get my family to go all summer and no takers. :grumble: I'd really, really, REALLY like to go white water rafting again. I haven't done that in years, but again, I can't find anyone to go with me. :angry:
  • OomarianneoO
    Options

My sweet spot is candy. To avoid eating a giant bag (aka 500 calories) of gummy worms, I get a Blow Pop. It's satisfying, and takes a while to eat!

That's a good idea with the blow pops. Sitting trying to think of what I do...I guess I'd have to go with Canelitas and say I go on here. This place is so addicting. :happy:

I must confess...I had a 6pc. Mcnuggets Saturday night! :noway:
  • tall_t
    tall_t Posts: 251
    Options

Actually, I decide if I want it because I am bored or because I am really hungry. Usually I find it is because I am bored. Recognizing that makes it not so appealing anymore.

If I find I want something because it tastes incredible :love: ...then I just get a spoonful to get the taste and walk away...:brokenheart:
  • RachVR6
    Options

I sit myself down in front of my Day 1 pics and ask myself:

Will this help me meet my goals?
    Will I feel good about myself after eating it?

The answer is always no and no, so I decide to skip the food and the inevitable regret that comes after eating it. :laugh:
  • Fab140
    Options
    What I do.....go into the bathroom, pull up my shirt, and jiggle the rolls. That does it! :laugh: :laugh: (get's me to workout in the mornings too!! o! and thinking about the VERY uncomfortable shapeware I had to wear to fit into the only pair of interview pants I had. 2 years and 20 pounds. good lord!!)

Also, deciding if it's from boredom, thirst, or true hunger helps.
  • SkinnyMama
    SkinnyMama Posts: 146
    Options
    What I do.....go into the bathroom, pull up my shirt, and jiggle the rolls. That does it! :laugh: :laugh: (get's me to workout in the mornings too!! o! and thinking about the VERY uncomfortable shapeware I had to wear to fit into the only pair of interview pants I had. 2 years and 20 pounds. good lord!!)

LOL!! I do the same thing:laugh: :laugh: ! I just don't buy the stuff I can't resist...if it is not in my possession then I don't have to thing about it. Coming on here has helped the most in my afternoons. My kids nap and I found that that is my craziest snacking time...eeek:grumble: . So I keep busy on line and then before I know it is dinner time.
  • Fab140
    Options

LOL!! I do the same thing:laugh: :laugh: ! I just don't buy the stuff I can't resist...if it is not in my possession then I don't have to thing about it. Coming on here has helped the most in my afternoons. My kids nap and I found that that is my craziest snacking time...eeek:grumble: . So I keep busy on line and then before I know it is dinner time.

my biggest temptation is chocolate. I can go weeks without it, but as soon as I have a craving, it gets out of hand. Even my sweet hubby hiding it doesn't help! I've found that a cup of milk or some peanut butter tend to help with cravings.
  • IrishRosebud
    Options

Oh that sounds like fun!!! I have been trying to get my family to go all summer and no takers. :grumble: I'd really, really, REALLY like to go white water rafting again. I haven't done that in years, but again, I can't find anyone to go with me. :angry:

I have never gone white water rafting. :sad: I want to so bad! A friend of mine is working on plans for next year. I can't wait. I am looking forward to going because by the time we go I will have lost all he weight I want to lose and be physically stronger. :bigsmile:
  • faythe
    faythe Posts: 245
    Options

This is a great idea - I wish I could say that it would work for me! Haha.

I've recently stopped keeping even diet soda in the house, so if I'm craving something sweet I go to the gas station and get a big ol' diet soda. Having to go out to get it makes it feel a lot more like a treat. If that doesn't do it, I go for a 100-calorie pack of Oreos or Chips Ahoy. That'll do it!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    How's it going purples!? :heart: