Calling all MFP "meanies"

Options

Replies

• ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Envision cockroaches or ants crawling over the donuts. Bleh!
  • cnadiger
    cnadiger Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Watch someone else eat the donut and picture them with that giant donut around their middle. That won't be you!:tongue:
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    You are diabetic - the donuts could put you in a diabetic coma....
    I think this is the key right here...to paraphrase Elaine Bennett "Are these donuts COMA worthy?" :wink:
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Remind me why eating the donut (donuts because I won't want to stop at one) would derail the progress I've been making.

You need better willpower.

Yes, admittedly. Being human and of a rebellious spirit I automatically want the thing I'm told I can't have. So far so good.

I'm thoroughly enjoying the replies, though. Thanks all.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Picture it going straight to your thighs!
  • thismamarox
    thismamarox Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    This is the worst part of working in an office setting. We always have about 3 girls (myself included) that are more health conscious while everyone else stuffs sugary sweets in their mouth until they are sick... and the worst part is, they stack these sweets on the counter in front of the 2 main secretaries who are trying to lose weight. I am lucky because I work away from all of that and have an office to myself. It still makes its way to my office as one of our therapists walks around with those yummy chocolate cake Dunford donuts...trying to tempt me with his poison!

I have 2 things that motivate me to say no... one is I am going to Cancun in January and I have a steady goal of 25-30 pounds before my trip....and second is, I really hate cardio! I do it because it is good for me and it helps me achieve my goals...but none the less I HATE EVERY SECOND OF IT! I want to do my 30 to 45 minutes and be done. I don't want to worry about doing it longer to burn off that 500 calorie donut I just ate. And seriously, this sounds mean, but I envision fat little piggies watching them scarf down all those empty calories. Also...I allow myself a free day once a week to indulge in a treat or a meal (Or adult beverage) so that I am focusing on my goal the rest of the week. This way I don't feel that I am depriving myself, yet I am sticking to my goal. If you really want a treat that is healthier without killing your diet or spiking your diabetes, Paleo has some really good muffin and brownie recipes :)
  • Sugarbeat
    Options
    Wait a minute. We are allowed to be mean? Eyes the wooden ruler on his desk.

{sound of a ruler smacking into my palm}

So, we want a donut, do we?

Oh dear. Can we save that as a last resort? :wink:
  • WandaWoman41
    WandaWoman41 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Rebuke the dopamine trigger (wish I could follow my own advice)
  • logicalinks
    logicalinks Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Don't give up what you most for what you want right now!

Drink some water. Walk up and down a flight of stairs. You can do this!!
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    That one slobby, gross guy in accounting fingered (hee hee) each one of those donuts, trying to figure out which one he wanted. He uses that finger to pick his nose and God knows what else. So that frosted donut isn't really frosting.....
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Do 5 push ups every time you think about a doughnut.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    I'm a meanie. But I'm not going to be helpful here.

I'd eat the donut.
  • srslybritt
    Options
    Picture it going straight to your thighs!

Having a donut shaped lump in my thigh would be pretty weird.
  • KimJohnsonsmile
    KimJohnsonsmile Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Just think of how proud we'll all be when you post at the end of today that you resisted!

And, the sneezing post. Read that over and over and over again.

Or think about the dude that made the donuts and how he forgot to wash his hands after he _______ (insert verb here)...
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Just think about the donuts sitting in a co-workers house. Now imagine, that house is on an episode of Hoarders.
  • srslybritt
    Options
    I'm a meanie. But I'm not going to be helpful here.

I'd eat the donut.

One of us. One of us. One of us.

OP can give me all the donuts. Problem solved.
  • Sugarbeat
    Options
    Now visualizing piles of sugar covered in snot and creepy crawlies and people wearing donuts around their waists. For some reason the "ick" factors work better than knowing it isn't good for me. Whatever works, I say.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Just break up.

Yeah.
  • Sugarbeat
    Options
    That one slobby, gross guy in accounting fingered (hee hee) each one of those donuts, trying to figure out which one he wanted. He uses that finger to pick his nose and God knows what else. So that frosted donut isn't really frosting.....

:laugh: