Calling all MFP "meanies"

Options

Replies

• hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    LOG ONE OF THEM DONUTS!! Go ahead... see how many calories just 1 has in them, now log that second one... now can you really afford even 1 donut? Bam... that is my motivation for ya... STAY STRONG! I know it is very difficult to do, but you are better then even one of those donuts! Get gum... chew on gum and by all means stay away from where they have those items displayed. No since in tempting yourself even further. Hope you make it thru!
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Do 5 push ups every time you think about a doughnut.

I'd be the talk of the whole building by lunchtime! :smile: Always a worthy cause.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    I'm a meanie. But I'm not going to be helpful here.

I'd eat the donut.

One of us. One of us. One of us.

OP can give me all the donuts. Problem solved.

Wrong.

The OP can give us both the donuts to share!
    Unless theyre from Dunks, you can have em all. And unless theyre from Timmys because them theyre all mine!
  • Sugarbeat
    Options
    LOG ONE OF THEM DONUTS!! Go ahead... see how many calories just 1 has in them, now log that second one... now can you really afford even 1 donut? Bam... that is my motivation for ya... STAY STRONG! I know it is very difficult to do, but you are better then even one of those donuts! Get gum... chew on gum and by all means stay away from where they have those items displayed. No since in tempting yourself even further. Hope you make it thru!

I actually did that, saw the carbs and calories and still wanted one. Sigh. Some days are better than others.
  • Sugarbeat
    Options

I'd eat the donut.

Just remember someone sneezed on it, the office slob has touched them all, and they are covered in bugs.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    One of your coworkers touched all of the donuts trying to pick the one he wanted after he used the bathroom and didn't wash his hands. I seent it.

Oh, and the store that they came from has roaches.

You're welcome <3
  • expoduck
    expoduck Posts: 59
    Options
    I had "just one donut" the other night. Then I had four more.

I made this mistake so you don't have to! :D
  • andibenoit
    andibenoit Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Wait a minute. We are allowed to be mean? Eyes the wooden ruler on his desk.

{sound of a ruler smacking into my palm}

So, we want a donut, do we?

I like the way you think
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    The person that boxed the donuts has raging diarrhea. He used the restroom right before boxing those donuts. And...he didn't wash his hands.
  • Palamedes
    Palamedes Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Some days the logging thing works. Some days the visualization technique works. Some days imagining the extra exercise works. And if all that fails, there is still the wooden ruler option.
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    Today, at work, is yet another "junk food" day featuring donuts, muffins, milk, and juice. These occur every 4-7 days or so. Anyway, I can't drink the milk and I'm diabetic. I've brought my usual eggs with veg and bacon, stuck a post it on my screen with this weeks goal weight, and am visualizing large piles of sugar all over the break room table. The donuts are calling my name anyway and I could use a little extra motivation and support. Muffins have never been a major issue. Remind me why eating the donut (donuts because I won't want to stop at one) would derail the progress I've been making. I need to read it off and on today. So, be mean - by mean I mean honest. Please no personal attacks as I don't find such things helpful or necessary.

Well, if you are a diabetic, then shouldn't that be reason enough? I don't have personal experience with diabetes, but don't you have to be mindful of what you are eating?

But, if that isn't reason enough, just imagine that whoever last handled the donuts hasn't washed their hands in a week or so.
  • Sugarbeat
    Options
    Today, at work, is yet another "junk food" day featuring donuts, muffins, milk, and juice. These occur every 4-7 days or so. Anyway, I can't drink the milk and I'm diabetic. I've brought my usual eggs with veg and bacon, stuck a post it on my screen with this weeks goal weight, and am visualizing large piles of sugar all over the break room table. The donuts are calling my name anyway and I could use a little extra motivation and support. Muffins have never been a major issue. Remind me why eating the donut (donuts because I won't want to stop at one) would derail the progress I've been making. I need to read it off and on today. So, be mean - by mean I mean honest. Please no personal attacks as I don't find such things helpful or necessary.

Well, if you are a diabetic, then shouldn't that be reason enough? I don't have personal experience with diabetes, but don't you have to be mindful of what you are eating?

But, if that isn't reason enough, just imagine that whoever last handled the donuts hasn't washed their hands in a week or so.

Logically yes and most of the time I do well at it. Some days, usually days when the entire building is "celebrating" something (we celebrate a lot around here), its a little tougher.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options

I'd eat the donut.

Just remember someone sneezed on it, the office slob has touched them all, and they are covered in bugs.

Don't forget that the person that brought them is a hoarder.

#yolo #ilovedonuts #nomatterwhat
  • meg091380
    Options
    Not only were they sneezed on, but the guy that made them....he didn't wash his hands after the bathroom!!! :frown:
  • Debbjones
    Debbjones Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I saw someone sneeze all over them. Do not eat. :smile:

^^ this! Love it!

Let's take that one step further... That "fly on the wall" just told me... the person who baked the donuts, well in the middle of the preparation they took a "potty" break and "forgot" to wash their hands on the way out! Yup... that's what I heard! LOL!

May the "force to resist, be with you"! :laugh:
  • Debbjones
    Debbjones Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Not only were they sneezed on, but the guy that made them....he didn't wash his hands after the bathroom!!! :frown:

Shame on you Meg... you beat me to the punch! LOL!
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Try this process:

1) Accept that you have a strong compulsion to eat the doughnut and notice how that makes you feel. Sit with your compulsion for a while.
    2) Tell yourself you have a completely free choice to eat it if you want
    3) Tell yourself that you accept the negative consequences which comes from making that choice should you choose to go down that path - so lesser health, a lack of self worth or what you feel is important
    4) Accept whatever you decide

Now, you may actually end up eating it. That is fine. The key is if you repeat this process and learn to use it over time your compulsive eating will fall and become much more manageable. You don't need to rely on willpower. You can rely on strategies.

Focus on winning the war, not the battles.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options

I'd eat the donut.

One of us. One of us. One of us.

OP can give me all the donuts. Problem solved.

Wrong.

The OP can give us both the donuts to share!
    Unless theyre from Dunks, you can have em all. And unless theyre from Timmys because them theyre all mine!

I challenge you to a duel!

*slaps you with my glove*

That's how this works, right?
  • tabicatinthehat
    tabicatinthehat Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Not worth it and you know it isn't.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Imagine someone licking their finger and touching each one.