Why is it so hard for me to lose weight?

Options
1235»

Replies

• MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary, you logging appears inconsistent at best (nothing logged since Saturday).

Until you start accurately logging we can only guess.

Most likely you are eating more than you think
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Move on your opinion about signature is wrong. I started on June 2, 2014 and you need to stop with your attitude.
    I'm not sure what you are responding to, but it does not seem that you have added much that is constructive to the original post of the thread. Are you responding to the correct thread? Everything you have answered is about lies and reading your diary.

Anyways, OP. I doubt you're still reading, but if you are, I agree with everyone else to try accurately logging consistently for a month. See what happens with your weight (also use pictures, measurements, and how your clothes fit as a guide), and then reassess your calorie goal based on the outcome. There has been a lot of research about people eating more than they think. Here is a pretty good summary post about it:

http://bretcontreras.com/not-seeing-results/

and this:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think

I believe someone gave you the sexypants link already. It's a good one. Also, here's a guide to accurate logging:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide
  • 59gi
    59gi Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I believe that I'm more qualified then you ! And I don't like to be tricked and lied too.

f-p.gif

Wrong never promoted VLCD, what I have said it is not cico, because our body is more complicated then that. I do not count calories, but instead I keep an eye on my macros. Like I said in the past I was just responding on a tread, so move on.

I dislike your gif or your opinion!

I dislike you spreading your opinion of VLCD's and qualifications. Don't really care if you like the gif or not. I do, and it fit really well.

No one in promoting VLCD, I just responded to a thread of CICO. I don't care about your opinion!

I've seen you multiple time promote a VLCD diet, and now some sort of "qualification". If you don't care about my opinion....just move on.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

f-p.gif

Wrong never promoted VLCD, what I have said it is not cico, because our body is more complicated then that. I do not count calories, but instead I keep an eye on my macros. Like I said in the past I was just responding on a tread, so move on.

I dislike you spreading your opinion of VLCD's and qualifications. Don't really care if you like the gif or not. I do, and it fit really well.

No one in promoting VLCD, I just responded to a thread of CICO. I don't care about your opinion!

I've seen you multiple time promote a VLCD diet, and now some sort of "qualification".
    If you don't care about my opinion....just move on.
    I believe that I'm more qualified then you ! And I don't like to be tricked and lied too.

I'm glad you BELIEVE you're more qualified.

Edit: To fix the hosed up quotes.
  • 59gi
    59gi Posts: 307 Member
    Options

f-p.gif

I've seen you multiple time promote a VLCD diet, and now some sort of "qualification".

I see that you do not like to be wrong and like to be the authority, but guess what you are not.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

f-p.gif

I see that you do not like to be wrong and like to be the authority, but guess what you are not.

:huh:

Edit: And again, edited to fix the quotes that keep getting hosed up. Post at the bottom of the quote string, not the middle.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options

f-p.gif

Lol @59gi believing she is more qualified than anyone. Lolo lol

59gi, hopefully you received the reply to the PM you sent me. And if it hurt your feelings I'd like to say..............Oh well.
    I remember that poster. got her diary exposed. It is easy to dismiss CICO when you only average 700 calories a day LOL.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

f-p.gif

Lol @59gi believing she is more qualified than anyone. Lolo lol

59gi, hopefully you received the reply to the PM you sent me. And if it hurt your feelings I'd like to say..............Oh well.
    I remember that poster. got her diary exposed. It is easy to dismiss CICO when you only average 700 calories a day LOL.
    Yea. She's still crying about that.

Why is ms VLCD still talking about her unhealthy ways of eating? No one is going to follow your very unhealthy path.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Some people will never admit they are wrong and, also go to extreme and lie to you to get into your diary.
    Someone is obviously still mad that she was called out for trying to give weight loss advice while she eats less than 800 calories per day.

wow hijack much OP...now where is that mod...

To the OP...log consistently and accurately that's it.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I don't even know... what just happened....

read down it becomes as clear as mud.
  • Kate
    Kate Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Coleslaw without any dressing is very low in calories. Some of us log the dressing calories separately.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    Gaining is easier for almost everyone than losing. You aren't alone there.

I disagree with this. I know people who find it very hard to eat in calorie surplus from being full. Have you ever seeing someone try to eat 5000 calories a day to put on weight. I do and I live with him. His protein shakes are 1250 calories.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    Some people will never admit they are wrong and, also go to extreme and lie to you to get into your diary.

You said this for your first post in this thread. So entertaining to hear from you.
  • susanhallberg
    susanhallberg Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think that is the first thing you need to do is log everything. You would be amazed what hidden calories we consume even though we think we are counting everything. Second, you have to weigh and measure everything to make sure your portions are correct. I also log and plan all my meals for the next day. I know this sounds like a pain, but this is a journey that we are all on, and we have to focus on our goals. I didn't faithfully log for quite a while and I was frustrated with the lack of weight loss, even though I was working out with a trainer. Since I have re-focused, I have been losing steadily, averaging 3 pounds a week. For me personally, I found out that spacing out my calories throughout the days was the way to go, although others folks do it differently.

I hope that helps!:smile: