Rabid Dog Owners

Options
TheRoadDog
TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
No. I don't mean people who own dogs that are rabid. I mean those people that are over the top when it comes to their pets.

Example:
I have a friend who can't go on vacation because she can't bear to be away from her dog. Whenever she comes, she has to leave in a couple hours because "Tank" is home alone.

She's knind of mad at me, because she wants to bring the dog over to my house when she comes over. I told her "No, If I wanted dog shlt on my grass, I would get my own dog. Don't think she's coming over anymore.

At least I'll still get to see her and "Tank" in the Christmas photos I get each year.

What are people compensating for that treat their pets like children?

Replies

• DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    My dad had a friend that would not let him bring me over because he thought I would crap on his yard. Or was it his sofa? Either way, he was not a nice man, and daddy beat him black and blue one day.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    in...for pitbull owner rationalizations
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    shutyourpieholeandsquat Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna stay outta this... cause, I'm one of those people.
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    You leave us alone! :grumble:
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    ummm... lol.

dbc.gif
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    in...for pitbull owner rationalizations

Oh you old man, stop it.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I used to be one of those dog owners. Until I had a kid. Then it was like, what dog?
  • jacques57
    jacques57 Posts: 2,129 Member
    Options
    <<<<<< Hello, my name is Ralphie. I am a Baja Rescue mutt of no particular pedigree. And my people love me. Why, you ask? Why would they love a litttle peeing and crapping machine that chews up furniture and upholstery when I am not barking like a train wheel on curved track or farting under the dinner table?

Because I am the embodiment of unconditional love. So PPPhpphhththfff.
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I don't think theirs anything wrong with loving your pet. Its better than people who mistreat them.

If its really such a big deal why don't you go to your friend's house instead?
  • iheartinsanity
    iheartinsanity Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Not me, but fluffy is okay in the crate for a few hours. I can stand being away from my kids while they're at school, husband while he's at work (and I'm an OVERLY clingy, needy person)...I can tolerate a few hours from my pet. I only have a cat (at the moment) that is a jerk and hates even being touched by me (or anyone but my husband and even he's iffy) unless she wants fed. Have had a dog in the past that was crated up a couple hours while I ran errands and enjoyed me time.
  • The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I don't happen to spread my dog's crap to the lawns of others, expect them to accept her in their areas, take holiday photos with my canine, or anything of that nature.

But I hate children. Like effing HATE 99% of children. I just ask for people to give me the same respect I give them with my dog with their children.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    What's with "rabid children owners" aka parents who insist on bringing their children into my home, leaving them to run amok on my lawn and break my stuff? Or bring them to my grocery stores, to have meltdowns in the aisles when I am trying to shop? Or to restaurants for them to scream and giggle and make their parents laugh? Or have them clog up my Facebook feed with pictures and videos of all the adorable things their little brats are saying and doing this week?!

Yours,
    Happy Non-Judgey Rabid Dog Owner (who will get infinitely more kisses and tail wags than you will when she gets home tonight)
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    What are people compensating for that treat their pets like children?

Can't stand children/don't want children, i.e. my dogs are my children.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I was just remembering yesterday how my friend's little girl was giggling and pointing at me saying "her dog is her kiiiid!" I didn't have kids then, and I took her anywhere she was allowed to go. I still base my activities on how long the dogs will be in the house, if nobody else is home to care for them. It's a responsibility I accepted when I adopted my dogs.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    have what'sherface bring poop bags for tank and clean up after him. if she's a rabid dog owner, she has those.
  • TheirEllie82
    TheirEllie82 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I don't think I am one of those type of dog owners but my wonderful other half kind of is... last time we went on vacation he refused to have our dog kenneled because he thought it would be too traumatic for our dog. My sister dog-sat for us instead and while Capone (our dog) was with her he humped everything, peed on all of her flowers on her patio, and ate a couch cushion... we didn't go on vacation this year but I did tell him that we are going on a honeymoon after the wedding and the dogs (yes, we got a second one) won't be coming with us.
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    My dog was abused/neglected. I adopted him when he was an older adult, and now he's a senior. He had many years of hell, and now I want to make his last years as good as they can be.
  • morethenjustmum
    morethenjustmum Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I think people are just really in love with the love from either pets or children
    I love my dogs
    I love my kids
    I also have outside interests , to each their own ;-)

any love is good love , however you choose to find it .

on a side note I love leaving my pets and children at home when I visit friends without kids or dogs, when I shop and definitely when I eat, cause eating with kids aint eating, its wrestling and jamming food in your face.

happy hump day
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Okay. I'm probably going to get a bunch of **** for this, but I don't like dogs.

I especially don't like your dog when I'm running in my own damn neighborhood and your Bichon chases me and tries to hamstring me.

I don't bring my cat to your house, don't bring your dog to mine.

Also, I want to punch people in the neck who refer to their animals as "fur kids" Animals aren't kids, they are animals. I'm not interested in your "Grand Dog" either. Tell your kids to reproduce if you really want a grand baby.

Whew, I feel better now.
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    shutyourpieholeandsquat Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I was just remembering yesterday how my friend's little girl was giggling and pointing at me saying "her dog is her kiiiid!" I didn't have kids then, and I took her anywhere she was allowed to go. I still base my activities on how long the dogs will be in the house, if nobody else is home to care for them. It's a responsibility I accepted when I adopted my dogs.

marry me :heart: