Rabid Dog Owners

Options

Replies

• sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    No. I don't mean people who own dogs that are rabid. I mean those people that are over the top when it comes to their pets.

Example:
    I have a friend who can't go on vacation because she can't bear to be away from her dog. Whenever she comes, she has to leave in a couple hours because "Tank" is home alone.

She's knind of mad at me, because she wants to bring the dog over to my house when she comes over. I told her "No, If I wanted dog shlt on my grass, I would get my own dog. Don't think she's coming over anymore.

At least I'll still get to see her and "Tank" in the Christmas photos I get each year.

What are people compensating for that treat their pets like children?

Ha. This is why my wife's Aunt won't talk to us any more. She wanted to bring her 2 large breeds to christmas dinner. I told her it was fine, but they weren't welcome in the house. Or the yard. She copped some "Well if they're not welcome, then I'm not welcome" attitude. Problem solved.
  • jojokmack
    jojokmack Posts: 117
    Options
    I have 3 Akitas and I think my dogs are a LOT nicer than a lot of people! *humph*
  • PMA140
    PMA140 Posts: 60
    Options
    I agree with the OP and think some people are over the top with their dogs. My father-in-law is an example. It's a hassle to do anything with him when he wants to bring his two giant dogs along (in the boat or in the truck).

I love them, one is in my profile pic :-) But there are places that people belong where dogs do not.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    What's with "rabid children owners" aka parents who insist on bringing their children into my home, leaving them to run amok on my lawn and break my stuff? Or bring them to my grocery stores, to have meltdowns in the aisles when I am trying to shop? Or to restaurants for them to scream and giggle and make their parents laugh? Or have them clog up my Facebook feed with pictures and videos of all the adorable things their little brats are saying and doing this week?!

Yours,
    Happy Non-Judgey Rabid Dog Owner (who will get infinitely more kisses and tail wags than you will when she gets home tonight)

Thank you.

I'm not a rapid dog owner, but I do have 3 dogs. Would I bring them to your house? Nope. Will I need to leave earlier than others to take care of my pets? Of course.
  • DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    Options

I especially don't like your dog when I'm running in my own damn neighborhood and your Bichon chases me and tries to hamstring me.

This. There is a lady in my neighborhood who lets her little ****eater dog run loose, against all county laws. When I run, it runs out into the street barking lilke crazy. The first time, I ignored it, and it bit me. I went to the house and told the lady not to let it happen again. A few days later, it came out at me again, and I pepper sprayed him. He was not happy, but I did not get bitten. A third time, a couple weeks later, it came for me again. I punted it about half way across the yard...had to break some ribs. The little *kitten* has not come at me again. When I run by, he gets under the car.
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Love kids, love dogs, love cats!

Don't tolerate any of them doing their business except where they are supposed to or interrupting-barking-yowling or having tantrums or ruining anyone else's dinner/movie/garden, etc.

Good parents and caregivers teach them to behave before exposing them to the rest of the world. If they won't, I'll be happy to tell/teach them.

:heart:
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I...+I+m+not+sure+what+I+should+feel+about+this+_839c50fb24438a057839058036504e07.gif
  • suzemagoo
    Options
    It could be simply a matter of preferring animals to people. My spouse and I very much prefer our pets to other people. We both have far more authenticity and integrity than most people we meet. As a sad commentary on how duplicitous and dysfunctional most people are these days, our pets also have more authenticity and integrity. We aren't willing to settle for less in any relationship.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I was just remembering yesterday how my friend's little girl was giggling and pointing at me saying "her dog is her kiiiid!" I didn't have kids then, and I took her anywhere she was allowed to go. I still base my activities on how long the dogs will be in the house, if nobody else is home to care for them. It's a responsibility I accepted when I adopted my dogs.

marry me :heart:

:blushing: :heart:
  • MissMegannLee
    MissMegannLee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I love all animals...just saying..
  • Asherah29
    Asherah29 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    If you don't like my dogs, I probably don't like you. lol
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I dont like people who are over-zealot about their little brats, they cause much more damage than a "rabid" dog would. I've witness a little brat poo so much that it slit out the diaper and all over someones brand new carpet. My dog has never done that and never will. And your yard isnt that great either, it was made to be poo'd on. Get over yourself, you and your, I'm assuming, crappy yard arent that great.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Because kids suck *kitten* and dogs are awesome.
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    What's with "rabid children owners" aka parents who insist on bringing their children into my home, leaving them to run amok on my lawn and break my stuff? Or bring them to my grocery stores, to have meltdowns in the aisles when I am trying to shop? Or to restaurants for them to scream and giggle and make their parents laugh? Or have them clog up my Facebook feed with pictures and videos of all the adorable things their little brats are saying and doing this week?!

Yours,
    Happy Non-Judgey Rabid Dog Owner (who will get infinitely more kisses and tail wags than you will when she gets home tonight)

792189.gif
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    This is why I own a cat.
  • Curleycue0314
    Curleycue0314 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have 1 furless child and 2 furbabies. While I'm not crazy enough to take a Christmas card photo of our family with them they are part of our family. They provide all the unconditional stinky love that we need! They are also both rescues so it is our way of making the world a better place!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    ummm... lol.

dbc.gif

THIS^^

also to OP
    giphy.gif
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    It could be simply a matter of preferring animals to people. My spouse and I very much prefer our pets to other people. We both have far more authenticity and integrity than most people we meet. As a sad commentary on how duplicitous and dysfunctional most people are these days, our pets also have more authenticity and integrity. We aren't willing to settle for less in any relationship.

tumblr_lgcezdiSL61qgbabho1_500.gif
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Example:
    I have a friend who can't go on vacation because she can't bear to be away from her dog. Whenever she comes, she has to leave in a couple hours because "Tank" is home alone.
    keep-calm-she-s-just-not-that-into-you.png
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    because adopting a pet is taking on a lot of responsibility. you are their only provider and caregiver. my dog eats when i put out his food, he gets fresh water when i fill the water bowl, he gets to pee and poop when i open the back door. if i'm not home to do these things, and he's not out with me, then guess what he doesn't do? he does NOT grow thumbs so that he can open the pantry, the fridge and the back door (respectively).

before i adopted him, he nearly starved to death. and i am the reason that will never happen to him again. i made that promise when i adopted him.

if that means i don't go out sometimes, or i don't stay as late when i do? i'm ok with that. b/c he's the ONE being on the planet who is ALWAYS happy to see me. and my greatest wish in life is to be HALF the person he thinks i am.