Rabid Dog Owners

Options

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Love how these topics devolve into balls of butthurt. Welp, as long as OP is happy with his *kitten* stirring, amirite?
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Love kids, love dogs, love cats!

Don't tolerate any of them doing their business except where they are supposed to or interrupting-barking-yowling or having tantrums or ruining anyone else's dinner/movie/garden, etc.

Good parents and caregivers teach them to behave before exposing them to the rest of the world. If they won't, I'll be happy to tell/teach them.

:heart:

Yep I go with this one ^
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Love how these topics devolve into balls of butthurt. Welp, as long as OP is happy with his *kitten* stirring, amirite?

I think so :laugh:
  • joanthemom8
    joanthemom8 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I love my dog with all my heart and soul - -but I'd never ask a friend (unless they were like-minded) if I could bring my dog over. By love, I mean that our dog sleeps in the bed with us, let her drink from my water bottle when we go on runs/walks. I do also have human children, but I truly love my dog too! Even when we go on vacation, we use a pet sitter or a neighbor, but we do miss our dog terribly and coming home to her is always the hightlight of any trip.:smile:
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    i feel the same way about children.

ETA: oops, seems as if that has already been said and is now raging. should have read the first 5 posts before leaping to comment. lol
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    i feel the same way about children.

YES. LOL

I have two cats. They are awesome. I can leave them alone for a weekend with food and water in their bowls, and they are just fine.
    They don't bark, and I don't have to take them outside to pee/poop. I didn't even have to train them to use the litter box, they are pretty much born knowing.
    They are the best pets for a lazy chick like me, and they even give me affection and cuddles when they feel like it, and can be entertaining when I'm bored

Kids?? ICK. Gross. No thanks.
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Because kids suck *kitten* and dogs are awesome.

I like you.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options

I think so :laugh:
    :laugh: Waaay *kitten* stirring. I don't think he's returned since the initial post.popcorn43.gif
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    This is why I own a cat.

PAH .. You 'Think' that you own a cat .... boy have you got THAT wrong!
  • Libertysfate
    Libertysfate Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    What are people compensating for that treat their pets like children?

Can't stand children/don't want children, i.e. my dogs are my children.

^Ditto.
  • beautifulmonica
    Options
    Oh my gosh . What have children ever done to all these kid haters .
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    [/quote]:laugh: Waaay *kitten* stirring. I don't think he's returned since the initial post.popcorn43.gif
    [/quote]
    I'm laughing way too hard at this
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I would never dream of bringing a dog to a friend's house. A coworker's sister in law insisted she bring her dog to the coworker's farm despite warnings about his dog not being friendly with other dogs. The coworker's dog attacked the sister in law's dog the moment it got out of the car.

We had a rescued senior dachshund and lost her to cancer a couple years ago. She was always on a leash because she was aggressive with other dogs especially the ones much bigger than her. The house stunk if we gave her any treat containing bacon. She had the Worst. Farts. Ever. - was surprised she never set off the carbon monoxide detector. She was good with our daughter and her favorite place was cuddling up to my lap on the couch under a blanket. Loved her and still miss her.
  • Shropshire1959
    Options
    Oh my gosh . What have children ever done to all these kid haters .

Most folks don't 'hate' kids - they just don't want to suffer other folks badly behaved spawn. Bad parenting is the primary issue here, I find.

Don't expect other people to feel the same way as you about your off-spring. They are your choice and should never be our problem.

Train them properly and control them .. then there wont be a problem.
  • DenDweller
    DenDweller Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options

I'm trying to imagine a "ball of butthurt". I need to cogitate on this for awhile. I think you've stumbled onto something profound.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options

I'm trying to imagine a "ball of butthurt". I need to cogitate on this for awhile. I think you've stumbled onto something profound.

Cogitate? Really?? You couldn't have just said ponder? Do you actually use that word out loud? LOL
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    A dog is known for therapy and can keep people who suffer from depression going. Dogs show unconditional love.

There's a video on youtube where soldiers come home from being over seas and the dog is usually the first to greet them home.
  • DenDweller
    DenDweller Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Cogitate? Really?? You couldn't have just said ponder? Do you actually use that word out loud? LOL

I do actually, on rare occasions. It is in my useful vocabulary.

Beyond, that, I felt it fit in the post because I was trying to evoke the image of "deep thinking" on the concept of "ball of butthurt". It's a showcase of the ridiculous, if you'll allow.

I do hope you are just teasing, because the only alternative I can think of would make me a little sad.
  • Shropshire1959
    Options

Ponder? Really? You couldn't just say think? :-p #ironyscore11

Having an extensive vocabulary is a sign of a good edukasun.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I don't think theirs anything wrong with loving your pet. Its better than people who mistreat them.

If its really such a big deal why don't you go to your friend's house instead?

I agree with you 100%. There is nothing wrong with loving your pet. I strongly dislike people who mishandle their pets. I am just trying to differentiate between people whose lives consumed by it and their lives are scheduled around their pets and those who have made a choice to take care of a pet.

On the other side of the coin, I do not care for those people that get a pet and then ignore it, because their lives are too chaotic to psend the time and money to treat them properly. That's not fair to the animal.

My life is too chaotic and I travel too much to own and properly care for a dog, so I own a cat. I can take off for a few days without worrying about a cat. Just leave a couple days worth of food out, fill his water jug up and clean his litter box and he's good to go. With a dog, I would have to arrange for someone to watch it in my absence, because if you left it alone with 5 days of food, it would eat it all the first day. Get sick on the carpet. And then starve to death.