Official "Get Friends" Thread

Replies

• I'm Vicky, UK based belly dancer looking to shed 50+ lbs! I've just joined a gym and started exercising after losing 11lbs through dieting alone.

Looking for friends so we can keep each other motivated!

:)
  • effervescent11
    effervescent11 Posts: 39 Member
    Hi everyone! New to the social side of MFP. I'm looking to lose around 45lbs. Feel free to add me. It's easier to do this together! :)
  • spa407
    spa407 Posts: 47 Member
    I have been on MFP logging all meals for 90+ days. Happy it say I'm down 30+ pounds. I can always use a fitness buddy, extra motivation and accountability. I'm in it (again) for the long haul. Not sure how much more I have to loose. Would like to see 135 but will see what my body tells me is right.
  • Jsykar
    Jsykar Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, I'm Jessica. Looking to loose about 50 pounds..lost 12.2.....still a long way to go...Any support would be appreciated......
  • Hey everyone!

I've been a member for quite some time, but initially signed up via My Fitness Pal app for Android. I never realized this was a website with so many features until today! So, I logged back in and updated my information. I've struggled with my weight for basically my entire life. There was a period during high school where I was able to keep motivated and actually lost quite a bit of weight and was happy with how things were going. I'm not entirely sure what changed and why I gained all of my weight back and then some.

I'm from Michigan in the United States but have been living in Sweden for almost two years now, so you'll probably notice that sometimes I'll use the metric system and sometimes I'll use the imperial system. I have no method! Haha :) I'm 21 years old, stand tall at 155cm (5'1") and currently weigh about 100 kg (about 221 lbs). I want to get somewhere between 50 kg (on the low side) and 70 kg (on the high side). However, I just want to start this change and do my best to take it one day at a time so as to not get discouraged when I don't see the results fast enough.

I wanted to introduce myself and immerse myself in this community in hopes of it helping me stay focused. I would really appreciate making friends with similar goals so that I have someone, or multiple someones, to hold me accountable. Maybe I'll stay motivated longer if I feel like there is someone else out there that I'll disappoint, other than myself, if I give up.

So, let's be friends and share our stories and move forward in our journey's together!

Rachel :)
  • RosesalieBoulom
    RosesalieBoulom Posts: 5 Member
    Hellooooooooo MFP members!!

Add me(:
    I've been consistent on MFP for about a month now, & am having so much fun with it because all of the amazing friends I have met. Looking for even more buddies to continue this journey with.
    I am 21, currently at 159lbs and looking to lose about 25lbs. I am a full time student at Texas Tech & UTSA, and enjoy my hobby as a professional dog & deaf dog trainer. With school and petting puppies all day I want to become more active. I am married to an amazing oilfield man who gets to eat whatever he wants and not gain an oz, so I'm needing some great motivational buddies!! And I would love to join you and motivate you on this journey as well :D
  • I'm back so feel free to add me.
  • afleming22710
    afleming22710 Posts: 56 Member
    Feel free to add me! I log every day!
  • theycallmearth
    theycallmearth Posts: 196 Member
    I'n new to the site, joined Friday. I've already met some great people so far.

My overall goal is to lose around 45 pounds. I exercise on a regular basis. The only thing keeping me from reaching my goal is my love for junk food....working on forming healthy eating habits right now.

Anyone who wants to add me and/or message me, feel free. Always looking to make friends and give/receive advice.
  • Hi Guys, Going to be here a good while as got 2 stone to loose to start with!! Would love to make some new friends and if is is currently about to start Insanity would love to hear from you! xx
  • steach01
    steach01 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi all! I'm 28 and looking to lose about 80 pounds. Please feel free to add me!
  • biancad_1992
    biancad_1992 Posts: 30 Member
    Hi guys!

I'm 21 and I'm not new to the site but could definitely use some community motivation as I work on losing about 75lbs. Add me!
  • Hey guys & girls!

I'm here to lose 4 stone, I've lost 1 so far :) Wooooo.
    Would be great to get talking to some of you's to keep motivated as it seems I am spending so much time here on MFP right now!
    Add away :D x
  • Hey
    Add me if you like :smile:
  • Shearer355
    Shearer355 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, I'm Kim and new to this site. Add me to your friend list, if you'd like. I need all the help I can get and hopefully help you, also.
  • xeniaox
    xeniaox Posts: 5
    I need all the help I can get to carry on losing, so everyone feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:
  • Would love to have some friends to make the journey more fun, add me!
  • moijo6
    moijo6 Posts: 121
    i tried to go it alone ..... it never worked.. feel free to add me:tongue:
  • CeceM1971
    CeceM1971 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm Lori, 43yrs old, single and need to lose around 200lbs. My 2 major food downfalls are mexican food and soda.
    I don't have a support system or anyone encouraging me to lose weight and get fit so I can use all the friends I can get.
  • Fasttrack2freedom
    Fasttrack2freedom Posts: 122 Member
    Pick Me :) LOL

MFP works if you plug into a support group and log everything, everyday. Once you're around positive people you feel accountable to, it will motivate you to eat better & workout... then results follow.

Mark