Day 1 on the "new" SEC Diet!!!

Options

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Eating crap is frequently encouraged here.

Can you link?
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    On Snap! I was hoping to see some gifs of Tim Tebow, Bo Jackson, Peyton Manning, and even Jared Lorenzen! :laugh:

But I agree with everyone else on "Moderation" and not 'demonizing" certain foods! :smile:
  • _BearNecessities_
    _BearNecessities_ Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    "WAR EAGLE!"

Oops.....this is not about football, is it?

My bad, yo!

M-I-Z..................
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    What do you plan to do when you hit your goal weight? The problem with these "diets" fad or not, is that when you're done with them you have not learned how to eat in a way you can maintain for the rest of your life, and will be onto the next fad diet when the weight comes back.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options

I think you've misunderstood. What I see is a lot of people encouraging a more permissive attitude. Very few, if any, posters urge people to eat "crap". Just because they point out that you can indeed have junk food if it fits into your calorie allotment, it certainly doesn't mean they're saying you SHOULD eat junk food. Eat it if you want it (but remember your deficit), and if you don't want to, don't. For many people, strict eating rules often lead to failure because it's unsustainable for them. Others do well with them.

If restriction (and/or labelling foods as healthy/unhealthy) is what floats your boat, then by all means go for it. Clearly it is what works for you. But please don't twist the words of others and make this into an Us vs. Them fight, with a side of "you just have to want it badly enough". Live and let live, eh?
    I didn't label the foods as unhealthy, lol. That's not a personal decision. There ARE foods that are bad for you. They are unhealthy.

I get that some people don't believe that junk food exists. I also get that some do believe it exists, but that it can't hurt you if it's only 1/5 of your diet. I do wish them well. I hope they enjoy their Oreos and I hope they don't have to pay for it later. Some people do get through life eating those things and never pay the price and I'm very happy for those people. I am aware, though, that not everyone is so lucky.

I think that those who want to eat healthy food should be encouraged. I will continue to encourage them.

Which foods specifically are bad for us and unhealthy? And how can you state unequivocally that certain foods are bad and unhealthy, yet then state that there are people who can eat them their entire lives and never suffer ill effects?

The point here, which I know has been made in every other cleaning eating thread where you make this same argument, is that it is not the food itself, it's the amount and the diet as a whole which will determine the outcome.
    You're wasting your time trying to debate a faceless individual who has nothing to show for anything. Who will never give you solid responses due to lack of fitness and nutrition knowledge.

Go have ice cream instead. That's an order.
    mcutxl.jpg
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options

I think you've misunderstood. What I see is a lot of people encouraging a more permissive attitude. Very few, if any, posters urge people to eat "crap". Just because they point out that you can indeed have junk food if it fits into your calorie allotment, it certainly doesn't mean they're saying you SHOULD eat junk food. Eat it if you want it (but remember your deficit), and if you don't want to, don't. For many people, strict eating rules often lead to failure because it's unsustainable for them. Others do well with them.

If restriction (and/or labelling foods as healthy/unhealthy) is what floats your boat, then by all means go for it. Clearly it is what works for you. But please don't twist the words of others and make this into an Us vs. Them fight, with a side of "you just have to want it badly enough". Live and let live, eh?
    I didn't label the foods as unhealthy, lol. That's not a personal decision. There ARE foods that are bad for you. They are unhealthy.

I get that some people don't believe that junk food exists. I also get that some do believe it exists, but that it can't hurt you if it's only 1/5 of your diet. I do wish them well. I hope they enjoy their Oreos and I hope they don't have to pay for it later. Some people do get through life eating those things and never pay the price and I'm very happy for those people. I am aware, though, that not everyone is so lucky.

I think that those who want to eat healthy food should be encouraged. I will continue to encourage them.

Which foods specifically are bad for us and unhealthy? And how can you state unequivocally that certain foods are bad and unhealthy, yet then state that there are people who can eat them their entire lives and never suffer ill effects?

The point here, which I know has been made in every other cleaning eating thread where you make this same argument, is that it is not the food itself, it's the amount and the diet as a whole which will determine the outcome.
    No, the argument is usually that it can't be done, it's impossible - "Unsustainable." That's the one I take exception to. Badgering those whose stated goal is to eat and be more healthy to be "more permissive."

If people say, "My life isn't worth living if I can't have steak and ice cream," or "I like food. I like the taste. I enjoy eating it. I'd like to be less fat, but not enough to give up tacos, ribs and chips," I get that. I totally do. It's a valid choice they make. They enjoy their food and are willing to live with whatever the consequences might be. I have loved some of these people. I continue to love one of these people. I don't live in a health nut bubble and I don't get angry because people make choices and have viewpoints I don't share.

In the "live and let live" spirit, though, they needn't encourage people who say, "I'm going to eat healthy" to eat more, as the OP called it, "crap." If you are using the "live and let live" philosophy, you'll encourage people who are trying to develop healthier eating habits to do that. At the very least, you won't discourage them with suggestions about how they can eat crap.

The same people who refuse to give up their (sometimes obscenely) bad eating habits encouraged and cheered me along when I switched. The ones who are still alive continue to encourage it.

The fact that some people squeak by without paying the price for unhealthy eating habits doesn't mean the food was healthy food. They were lucky. Not everyone is lucky.

I am done trying to convince people that junk food exists. I'd just be banging my head against a wall. Refusing to believe that some foods are bad for you is a choice. I have to respect that choice.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Ice cream and Doritos errryday.
  • bethanyka
    bethanyka Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Agree with above posts, although I understand where you were going with the OP, trying to make wise food choices for yourself is not a bad thing.

But, putting labels on food, "good" vs "bad" is a dangerous and slippery slope.
    In life, no food should be in either category, food just is... eat what your body needs (calorie-wise and hunger-wise) and not over that.

Easier said than done --- which is why the OP probably went the route of restricting and labels of food as "off limits" - which in itself leads to the cycle of failed goals, followed by restricting foods...the cycle.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Oh... I'm disappointed now... I thought this was about College Football.

But why would you eat crap anyway? Isn't that kinda stinky and gross?
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    "WAR EAGLE!"

Oops.....this is not about football, is it?

My bad, yo!

Those are bad words. lol
  • dojomax
    dojomax Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    So I am going to start following a new fad diet. It's the "S.E.C." diet. Otherwise known as the "Stop Eating Crap" diet. This is the one where you don't eat cookies and ice cream; fatty meats and boxes of wine; white bread sandwiches and soups made with cream. This is the one where if you were to actually "S.E.C." perhaps your 5x-a-week workouts would be worth something. I will keep you posted on how this new-fangled diet plan is working for me.

sigh

LMAO. and when I seen SEC the first thing I thought of was South-Eastern Conference. ROLL TIDE!
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    hi-res-157290690_crop_exact.sflb.ashx
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

So is this the WWJE diet? The "What Would Johnny Eat".
  • Ump78
    Ump78 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Is this the diet where you watch SEC football and drink beer? GAME-

^^Ha! That's what I was thinking (which is what led me to clicking on the topic anyway)!

Edited to add: Why not just do the SEE plan? Stop Eating Everything. Really, I'm over the fad diets. If it works for you, go for it. I'm sure you will feel better at the end of the day by not putting "crap" into your body. But changing what you eat is not going to get you to lose weight if you don't eat in proper portions and under your TDEE level. Good luck.
    TDEE?
  • _John_
    Options

So is this the WWJE diet? The "What Would Johnny Eat".

weeeeeeeeeeeeellllllll....lets not go there.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Oh. yeah. deprive yourself. that's the sure way to make sure you fail, because people never ever crave what they can't have. nope never.

150.gif
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Corndogs and couche couche. GEAUX TIGERS!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    The fact that some people squeak by without paying the price for unhealthy eating habits doesn't mean the food was healthy food. They were lucky. Not everyone is lucky.

Squeak by? Lucky? Why don't you try saying that to me at 6am when I'm at the gym lifting heavy things and killing it with cardio....

...SMDH
  • _John_
    Options
    Corndogs and couche couche. GEAUX TIGERS!

listen coon *kitten* (that's not derogatory), you better make me some gumbo and some boudin when we roll into red stick next season.

I'll provide the inauthentic TexMex this year at Kyle.