Anything I can do about this woman?

Options
167891012»

Replies

• Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Darn it...I read through 9 pages of posts and no update from the OP? Very sad.

Not that any more advice is needed, but I would call the police department and see if they have any advice and then when I see her coming, I would run in the grass with the dog.
  • castlerobber
    castlerobber Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I imagine the driver's actual legal obligation is to not cross into the oncoming lane since it's been described as having a double line. So the law might be on her side, assuming she's never actually driven on the shoulder.

So, the driver isn't obliged/allowed to avoid obstacles in her lane? She has to stay on her side of the double yellow line at ALL costs, even if there's a tree limb down across her lane, or a piece of furniture that fell off the back of a pickup and shattered, or a cow standing in the lane refusing to move (yes, these are all very real scenarios where I live)?

Of course not. Common sense says you move over the amount necessary, without interfering with oncoming traffic. Why should it be any different for avoiding another human being at the edge of the lane? If a policeman were following the driver, I suspect he'd look far more kindly on the driver's avoiding the runner than he would the driver's forcing the runner off the road in the name of staying in the lane.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I imagine the driver's actual legal obligation is to not cross into the oncoming lane since it's been described as having a double line. So the law might be on her side, assuming she's never actually driven on the shoulder.

So, the driver isn't obliged/allowed to avoid obstacles in her lane? She has to stay on her side of the double yellow line at ALL costs, even if there's a tree limb down across her lane, or a piece of furniture that fell off the back of a pickup and shattered, or a cow standing in the lane refusing to move (yes, these are all very real scenarios where I live)?

Of course not. Common sense says you move over the amount necessary, without interfering with oncoming traffic. Why should it be any different for avoiding another human being at the edge of the lane? If a policeman were following the driver, I suspect he'd look far more kindly on the driver's avoiding the runner than he would the driver's forcing the runner off the road in the name of staying in the lane.

That's why I drive one of these:

338524d1287935777-police-car-pusher-bumper-20090908_61388da135061d6c9442mpk5oajhn1nk.jpg
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I did a little searching of news headlines in the OP's area.

I saw this image, and well. I'll let you draw the appropriate conclusions.

837724-car_explosion.jpg

Who recommended that?!?

**** Cheney. Duh!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    OP totally had it in control. Some sweet CCTV NSA cam footage:

jump.jpg
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I was walking in the area and saw this:

Honey-with-a-dangling-leash.jpg
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    - and that runs the length of the road in question? or is near enough to use as an alternate route?
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    1297437170369_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=650x

congrats everyone on the great advice...i found her today. the lady ran into her before she could blow the airhorn or use her sharp pointy stick

peter-skint-knee-o.gif
  • 2bassets
    2bassets Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Dang, I was hoping this was a legit problem.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    well, there is what i would actually like to do (stinger in the road, kick car as it passes, shoot out tyres?) and then there is what I would actually do, which is take down the number plate and report her to the police for unsafe driving!

this. Absolutely this!