Females only - lifting/weight training results?

Options

Replies

• RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Wow
  • eurochick64
    eurochick64 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I was looking forward to seeing your pictures after reading your post, ......they aren't there :noway: :laugh:
  • savemama
    savemama Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Yup I know. I've been trying to fix them for way too long now. About to approach levels of murderous rage. Going to have to back away from the computer...
  • Thanks for the post and motivation.. Love lifting just bought me 2 medicine ball's
  • savemama
    savemama Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I DID IT!!! Happy dance.
  • eurochick64
    eurochick64 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Alright- I'm brand new t this- posting photos and free weight lifting!

Thanks to threads like this one, I started NROLFW about 6 weeks ago. I am LOVING it. It is making me feel so strong. I only completed Phase 1- I have many more to go! But I felt like I wanted to contribute something since I got SO MUCH from these threads.

My before pics are the results of a 40 lbs weight loss (over 2 years). I was doing cardio and body-weight resistance training.
    The "after" is eating as a moderate deficit. 6 weeks of training 3x a week (cardio for 30 minutes+ the program). Toward the end I added more abs because I didn't feel my core was getting enough challenge.

After I lost the 40 lbs almost no one said anything. It happened slowly. Since I started lifting, people won't stop commenting on my recent "weight loss" (ha ha! I have lost 1.5 lbs! ;) )

Down 1 (almost 2) jean sizes. Down 1 shirt size. Wore a 2-piece for the first time since having children. :) I feel great and can't wait to do more!

Thanks for the inspirationg ladies! After being sold the "gospel against heavy lifting"- I am SO HAPPY I found threads that showed me the error of my ways. I love lifting and will do it forever.

(Hope these photos work!)
    713906bb-7182-4628-b323-db73ad40df99_zpsf7915d3b.jpg
    3bfb31a2-05d8-4eb6-908b-215cbfa8a04a_zpsedfb8df1-1.jpg

eta- I was starving every day in the first pics- and not seeing any more change. The weight lifting has gotten my metabolism going again! THank GOD because now I can eat like a normal person.

Yes i see a difference !!, that's Great!!....
  • Chrysalisobel
    Chrysalisobel Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • maki35
    maki35 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great job and keep it up!
  • dottydawn73
    Options
    Bump
  • k3muldoo
    k3muldoo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Started Strong Lifts 5x5 two weeks ago. I have a 9month old and realized that I can no longer blame my flab on my "baby weight." So I made an "In Search Of: weight bench and weights" add on Facebook and I now have a bench and lots of weights that I have very little clue what to do with. HAHA!

This is my very first time heavy lifting and I was truly inspired by this thread and all you STRONG WOMEN. Needless to say, I'm primarily just lifting the bar at this stage but I'm lifting it and that's my small victory. I'm writing on this thread because I NEED to be held accountable. Please add me if you are a female heavy lifter because I could really use the motivation. I'm going to post before an afters every 6 weeks! AHHHH!

H:5'6"
    SW: 152
    GW: 135 (AND STRONG)
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Savemama- Congratulations!! Great job!!
    I finish stage 1 of NROLFW tomorrow!! I'd love to get the same results... I have seen changes and improvements, but need to get the scale moving! Eating a 20% deficit and doing weights 3x a week and cardio (Zumba or intervals on the treadmill or stair master) 2-3x week. I love it too!! Feels good being strong!!

Looking forward to doing stage 2 together! I'll try to add you :).
  • Libertysfate
    Libertysfate Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    You ladies are awesome!
  • snowboardRN
    snowboardRN Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Great work, keep em coming!
  • DawnOssett
    DawnOssett Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    OMG! All on your own too. One determined inspirational individual.
  • funfang
    funfang Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    @BombshellPhoe AMAZING!!!!! I just started lifting a few months ago and this is my 3rd week of Stronglifts 5x5, thank you! Looking at your pictures gave me some confidence that I might be able to achieve my dream body!!!!
  • hellomandarkk
    hellomandarkk Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good job all us ladies!!! Feels good doesn't it? Here are my results from lifiting everyday 6 days a week and High Intensity Interval Training/Cardio workouts. I also just completed the Advocare 24 Day Challenge. This is 4.5 weeks of straight GYM! :)2ewjr5f.jpg
  • kotomli0530
    kotomli0530 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    what do you ladies do for lifting? when I go to the gym I am absolutely lost on what to do when doing weights so I just stick to the machines.. D: IDK WHAT TO DO