Gross/TMI question for the guys .....

Options
<b>you have been warned! </b>

My friends and I were talking about this the other night. New relationship: it's sexy time, but she just started her period. lol How does he want to hear that? Every suggestion sounded disgusting or old fashioned. There must be a way to say it without killing the mood.

Thanks! (and I'm ready for the lecture on how natural it is, and she shouldn't be sleeping with him if she can't ..... blah blah blah).

Replies

• Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Options
    As a girl, I would just tell him. Some guys are grossed out by it while other guys don't give and will still want to do it. Why hide a natural process that occurs every month? He's going to figure it out sometime
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    What are we 12? Just say it, wouldn't bother me at all. And if you want to really get TMI, it's never stopped me from sexy time either. lol Towel on bed, let's go! Shower right after. :wink:
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    What are we 12? Just say it, wouldn't bother me at all. And if you want to really get TMI, it's never stopped me from sexy time either. lol Towel on bed, let's go! Shower right after. :wink:

lol. For real.

Also I haven't thought about this question since I was like...wait, never have I given any thought to this.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Just say something like "I really want to do this but it's not the right ... TIME... for a couple more days" and then you can still do other things that aren't affected by your TOM.

Or if you're dating sculli123 then just bust out the dark colored towel! ;)
    btw sculli123, I'm right there with you. But lots of guys AND girls aren't. #missingout

Thank you. =)

To sculli: My question wasn't whether or not to say it/do it. It was *how* to say it without sounding like a healthcare professional or someone's grandmother. But go ahead and read it the way you want.

The word period just sounds so gross.
    Options

lol. For real.

Also I haven't thought about this question since I was like...wait, never have I given any thought to this.

well if one isn't getting any ..... :wink:
  • Megan101792
    Options
    Just say something like "I really want to do this but it's not the right ... TIME... for a couple more days" and then you can still do other things that aren't affected by your TOM.

btw sculli123, I'm right there with you. But lots of guys AND girls aren't. #missingout

Guys, you do in on the floor or in the shower, not the bed.
  • jojomoe523
    jojomoe523 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    just tell him. nothing a little soap and water can't cure....
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

Thank you. =)

To sculli: My question wasn't whether or not to say it/do it. It was *how* to say it without sounding like a healthcare professional or someone's grandmother. But go ahead and read it the way you want.

The word period just sounds so gross.
    Say, "dude I'm on the rag again, you still wanna do it?".

Kidding, just say its that time of the month or something.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Just say now is not a good time.
  • kessler4130
    kessler4130 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Just take it to the shower, done.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    pissed-tyrion-gif_470x215.gif
  • Megan101792
    Options
    Hotel is better. You don't run out of hot water. And how open minded is she or he? Some people think it's a no go while are like hey no lube
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Never stopped us.
    Like previous suggestions: Towel, shower after, etc. If you know that the guy you're with is disgusted by that, then just come out and tell him that it's not a good time for that and that you'll get back to him in 5-7 days.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    pissed-tyrion-gif_470x215.gif

This win the internet.
  • Ump78
    Ump78 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Y'all are ignoring an important fact. She MUST tell him. If he's anything like me he MUST know before he puts his mouth.......gross. I would rather know while we're both fully dressed than have her grab my head and not let me below her belly button. Just sayin. Avoid the awkwardness. Tell him EARLY, "Baby, It's my time of the month." He wont use his hands or mouth and your other erogenous zones will get more attention. Whatever he decides, to do it or not. Personally? Standing in the shower has always been a fav regardless of cyclic interruption. Just sayin.....
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Y'all are ignoring an important fact. She MUST tell him. If he's anything like me he MUST know before he puts his mouth.......gross. I would rather know while we're both fully dressed than have her grab my head and not let me below her belly button. Just sayin. Avoid the awkwardness. Tell him EARLY, "Baby, It's my time of the month." He wont use his hands or mouth and your other erogenous zones will get more attention. Whatever he decides, to do it or not. Personally? Standing in the shower has always been a fav regardless of cyclic interruption. Just sayin.....

ok...then, how about...
    [img]http://ed_wp-content_v2.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/HS_RyanGoslingGifs_08_0.gif[/img]
    Options
    Once again, 90% are missing the original question. It wasn't should she tell him or should they do it, it's how to tell him in a way that doesn't sound gross. So nevermind. It doesn't effect me anyway.

Thanks for not reading :laugh:
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    ETA: As I don't want a strike my response has been replaced by this disclaimer and a gif.

92IDHlY.gif
    Options
    "Do you want a *kitten*?" Tends to be a winner.

/thread

We have a winner, peeps. :drinker:
This discussion has been closed.