How far do you go on cheat days?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• skinnyv3gan
    skinnyv3gan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I allow myself one "cheat day" a week. It works for me. I have no idea how many calories I eat on cheat day, nor do I care. I just know that it doesn't hinder my weigh loss and that's all the matters. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
  • Whatfriendsr4
    Whatfriendsr4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I usually do a cheat day on my weigh-in day (Monday) so that I have the whole next week to burn off any bad food that I had that day before my next weigh-in. Unfortunately for this week, my fridge broke and we haven't been able to keep ANY food in the house so we've been eating out all week waiting for the repairman to come :[ Needless to say...it has not been pleasant.

I think it is a great idea to weigh yourself only once a week, then you have less pressure and stress. My binge day is usually Sunday but I try my best not to over do it. I am trying to get to the point where I don't eat very many sweets so on Sundays than I have a slice of homemade carrot cake or soda or something. I still try to avoid going over 1500-2000 calories on binge days and 1000-1200 on normal days. I try my best to always count my calories no matter what day it is.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    She lives 3.5 miles from me.
  • MaidensAndMonsters
    Options
    My "cheat moments" are just grabbing a bite of something tasty my hubby or son is eating. ONE slice of pizza. A very small portion of something I wouldn't normally eat. To me, "Cheating" is eating a salad with dressing on it lol. I have issues with anxiety and eating outside of plan triggers that. So I do better this way. I don't think there is a right or wrong way to cheat....just personal preference and whatever is sustainable long term for you personally.
  • riotatme23
    riotatme23 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I usually "cheat" a little everyday. Its usually something not really healthy for me but that still fits into my daily calorie count. I have 1550 Calories and usually only do about 1300 anyway, so the spare 200 is all mine. Sometimes a small iced coffee, sometimes a couple oreo's, sometimes an extra serving of pasta or whatever it is.I just recently started logging but I've been mentally tracking for a long time.

I'm really teaching myself to appreciate food and value its flavors, textures, and how it makes me feel. Slowing down and appreciating a cookie for all it's sweetness is so much better to me a couple times a week than binging like a mad woman for a whole day.

I am new on my journey so that may change, but for now I know I don't have it in me to run off the rail for a whole day and then hop back on the train so easily.
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I do not have cheat days. Such an idea (for me) seems to imply a free for all where you just eat whatever possibly negating your weekly deficit. If you don't log such a day, it seems that it would invite more trouble. No checks on what you're eating. Just go all out? Now, this may work for you, or it may be that you are practicing this in a different manner than what I described. That's fine.
    Personally, if I want a special treat on a particular day, I prefer to simply fit it into my calories. That way i know I am always at a deficit and/or havnt negated a weekly deficit. And yes, I log it.
  • Sonyabelle321
    Options
    Sooo today, another bad day. I'm a female, 16 years old, 5 ft 2, and I weigh 94 lbs. I don't know how... and also dont ask me how I can eat all of this, i dont know, haha Anyways! Today:
    -strawberries
    -A HUGE omlet with cheddar, avocado, and broccoli, home fries, 3 pieces of sour dough bread with butter, and TONS of BBQ sauce and ketchup
    -3 large scoops of icecream
    -a 5 oz frozen yogurt
    -3 large m&m shop rite cookies
    -1 homemade chocolate chip cookie
    -A huge bowl of pasta carbonara
    -A slice of pepperoni pizza
    -4 slices of mozzarella pizza
    -A large bowl of corn chips and guacamole
    -3 more large m&m shop rite cookies
    -an oreo milk shake
    -a huge brownie from the diner with 2 scoops of vanilla icecream
    -a small bag of dark chocolate covered acai
    -a king sized bag of mini reeses
    -another m&m cookie
    -a bag of chex mix cookies and cream muddy buddies
    THE END :)
  • Sonyabelle321
    Options
    I honestly think I take my cheat days to another level. Seriously I don't understand how I can fit so much food in me. I have posted on her a lot before, I am a 16 year old, female, 5 ft 2, and 94 lbs, ANyways, on my sisters birthday(August 16th) this is what I ate.
    -plain bagel with cream cheese
    -2 big slices of cheesy egg casserole thing
    -lots of ketchup
    -a chocolate cookie from shop rite
    -3 slices of challah french toast
    -tons of maple syrup and I mean tons. My french toast was drowning
    -fruit
    -a big triangle slice of a large circle great american cookie cake
    -another big triangle slice of great american cookie cake
    -a crab cake
    -a medium butter pecan iced coffee from dunkin
    -another large slice of cookie cake
    -1 pork dumpling
    -piece of tuna pizza
    -fried tuna appetizer
    -rock shrimp tempura appetizer
    -15 pieces of sushi
    -a 12 oz frozen yogurt with yummy toppings
    -2 more large slices of cookie cake
    -a cinnamon raisin bagel with penut butter and jelly
  • roarrimadinosaur
    Options
    i normally have breakfast and then something i wouldn't normally allow myself like a cookie or a brownie and then i don't eat dinner nor lunch and do a good few workouts :)
  • scthomas100
    scthomas100 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I log "cheat days" to an extent. For example, for my boyfriend's birthday yesterday we went to Village Inn and also had a dinner made by his mom. I logged the pancakes, but I didn't bother trying to log homemade lasagna and German chocolate cake that I didn't make. When situations like that come up, it's easier on me mentally to plan for it during the week but not worry about counting the calories the day of, as long as I keep portions reasonable.