How Acceptable Is It For A Grown Adult...

Options

Replies

• ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    ChildrenCryinNCoffee Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I'm 29.

I'm a HUGE fan of Superman and Ariel (The Little Mermaid).

So, yes. I love stimulating the economy.

Is it acceptable for "grown a**ed adults" to complain about it and judge others on a Post?
  • mallorytravels
    mallorytravels Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    There is nothing inherently wrong with it. My problem with shopping at the cheaper teenie stores is that the clothes are of poor quality. It can be very difficult to find sexy, well-fitting clothes that are appropriate for a younger woman. Because I really hate cheap looking clothes, I tend to gravitate toward higher end brands that I know will fit me well such as Calvin Klein. I get these higher end items at TJ Maxx or Marshalls mostly. However I'm still wardrobe challenged.
  • ASH2038602
    ASH2038602 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have Alice In Wonderland, Johnny Cash, and Dropkick Murphy's shirts all from Hot Topic.
  • yellowlemoned
    yellowlemoned Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter where the clothes come from as long as they fit well and make you feel good in them. Like someone else said, why pay $15 - $20 for a plain cami at another store when I can get it at Forever 21 for $3. If I'm 55 years old I'll probably pass on the neon pink, rhinestone studded, pleather, hot pants, but that doesn't mean I can't buy other things in that store.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I've tried and they just don't seem to be proportioned correctly for my body.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    None of their clothes fit me, otherwise I'd be in.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    And how is it your business? I'm almost 42 and I still wear the hell out of cargo shorts and flip flops. If someone doesn't like it then they can avert their eyes

Just don't wear a shirt, okay?
  • brewinggirl_butskinnier
    Options
    Completely unacceptable.

Once you turn 30, you must wear mom jeans. And if you're 40, mom jeans and gauchos. And turtlenecks.

Them's the rules.
  • cosmiqrust
    cosmiqrust Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    it's our right as adults to shop wherever the hell we want for whatever the hell we want. :devil:
  • kenc1971
    kenc1971 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wear what you want, until the cops start asking questions.
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    If I could fit them, my husband would definitely appreciate me wearing some of the plaid buckled miniskirts in Hot Topic.

Otherwise, it's my go-to for accessories.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    to shop at places like weathervane, hot topic, forever21, Aero, etc ? Clothing places where their teens / young adult kids would normally buy from.
    It depends on what you are buying I guess. I shop where I want, but there is age appropriate stuff in most of those places, except Hot Topic and that is just the place to let my Geek flag fly.
  • in4nomz
    in4nomz Posts: 230
    Options
    Do it!!! If you like it, don't feel like you can't go there "just because you're an adult." Age is just a number girl!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I probably shop at Rue21 as much as our teenager, I like their jeans and a lot of their shirts.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Normally I'd be the first one to say "never" or "women need to act and dress their age" or "that looks terrible on her, what is she THINKING?"

But today, today is one of those introspective days that I am thinking of all the judging I've done my whole life on any subject, specifically women dressing and just for today, I really don't care. Just today. TOmorrow I may be back on my soapbox touting the benefits of dressing their age and size.

I say, if it looks good wear it. If it looks like crap and they still wanna wear it, well, whattayagonnado. I'm realizing that someone, somewhere likes the way it looks on her.

Trust me, I understand where you're coming from. There is this hag I am acquainted with (not friends by any means) that dresses inappropriately for any age and I have to say that chick is always with soemone. OK, she's gross, and maybe that someone she is with is an equally disgusting piece of crap and they are both doing drugs and living half-lives, but she's never alone and she has lots of friends.

However, me, I'M the one sitting alone, angry at the fact that the guy I want to call me is not calling me or asking me out and I'm judging while the rest of the world is living their lives, accompnied by a significant other not giving one hot damn whether I like how they dress or not.

So today, I'm in a frame of mind that I need to change my point of view or go on being lonely and judgmental.
  • _BearNecessities_
    _BearNecessities_ Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like OP might be just a bit upset/jealous that she can't shop at those places and, therefore, attempts to look down upon those who can and/or do.

OP, why do you care where other people shop? Just take care of yourself, mind your own business and shut the.....front door. :flowerforyou:
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    Where, how and when I spend my money is really no ones concern.

I just feel bad that they do not make underoos in my size or hero themed depends. I know I could rock those!

just one ole man's opinion..........
  • alecdlewis1
    alecdlewis1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    It's extremely hard to find tank tops to wear under scrubs that are light and dont' die after one or two months, so I'm a huge fan of Aero or American Eagle tank tops and buy them as often as I can
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    You know what? After decades of having to shop in the plus size section, and never being able to wear the cute sexier styles from the average size sections of the stores.... I'm shopping where ever the heck I want and I'm rocking whatever I think looks good on me! To heck with what anyone else thinks! As long as I'm covered and comfortable, I'll buy and wear anything I like. Plus my hubby is liking the new me in the cute clothes!

It's almost like I wrote this post! Thanks! LOL I'm with you! Sometimes I buy things that are "younger" looking and colorful but if they're cute and they fit and look good...who cares?! I shopped in Plus Size stores since the 8th grade...so there were no cute clothes for me then. I'm showing off the body I've worked for!
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I have Alice In Wonderland, Johnny Cash, and Dropkick Murphy's shirts all from Hot Topic.

Hot Topic sells Dropkick shirts? GTFOOH! I'm going to Hot Topic!