Can I brag about my husband for a minute?

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    My husband would text me randomly throughout the day telling me he loved me most and that I was beautiful. He helped out around the house, so I wouldn't have so much to do. He was always looking for and saving recipes that he thought I'd like so he could cook dinner for me on occasion. I miss him terribly. Even the things that irritated me about him.

He died suddenly a little over a month ago. My advice...make sure they know you love them. Always. I'm glad he always knew how much he meant to me and I knew how much I meant to him. The last text he read from me and that he sent to me was us saying we were each other's world. I'm very thankful for that.

Not trying to be a thread killer, but I wanted to share.

That's really beautiful and sad. How long were you together?

Three and a half years. We had only been married a month when he passed.
    I am so sorry.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    It was not pre-chewed I promise! Maybe I should have been more clear about that lol
    Doesn't matter. He is not allowed to eat off of food I'm eating, we do not share utensils, we do not drink out of the same glass or bottle and he BETTER NOT USE MY TOWEL. Ick. Ew. Yuck.

I know it's weird. I know it makes no sense. But yuck. Just yuck.

If it was in your mouth, I don't want it in mine.

How do you tolerate the inter-course? As in inter? And you don't have kids, I'm sure. Imagine catching vomit with your hand, or getting a kidd off your lap to find they had diahrrea that leaked on you. Seriously. You can't be serious.
    I don't eat anyone's vomit, either.

I have a 20-year-old daughter and lots of animals. I would much rather clean up vomit and diarrhea than eat off of the same fork as another person. I am serious. I know it isn't rational, but we all have our "thing."

Strangely enough, I have mild germaphobia. Can't stand taking a bath (because no matter how much I scrub, it just doesn't seem the tub could ever be clean enough - I do shower plenty!), can't stand people I don't know touching me (shaking hands is really hard), have to force myself not to brush my teeth for too long... but I guess he is someone I trust implicitly, so nothing he could do would "gross me out" :love:

And yeah ... I guess the rainbow puke was appropriate, now that I think of it. We're that cheesy couple people love to hate LOL
    It isn't a trust thing. I wouldn't eat or drink after my daughter or my parents or my best friend, either. No one. Ever. I just can't do it.

And I'm not a germaphobe at all. It isn't about the germs. I don't know what it is.

I can't share milk- no matter what. NO MILK.

Water- beer- wine- whatever- I'll share. but no milk.

Also- I'm less inclined to share water from a glass than bottle- like- dude- go get your own. But its' weird because he gets up at night for water- and if it's a bottle I'll probably have some- if it's a glass I usually just pass on it.

the weird things that make us us.
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    My husband makes me coffee in the morning. He wins.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    Brought home flowers, just because he wanted to
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Apparently I need to step up my game. The only thing I've ever slipped into my wife's bath was a toaster.

Dying.

Lindsay-Lohan-Spits-Out-Drink.gif
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    When I first met guy, I knew I needed to find a way of making him want me forever. So, over the past year, I’ve been perfecting the art of romance and tricking him into thinking he can’t live without me. It's working. So pay attention ladies.

First, when he’s showering, I take his towel, put it in the dryer to warm it up, then place it in the bathroom for him in the shape of a heart… this shows my love for him.

Secondly, I take pictures of him when he’s not looking… especially when he’s sleeping. I send him those pictures of himself throughout the day so that he knows I’m always thinking of him.

Third, I keep a list of things he likes and make sure I have them on hand whenever I see him… like Peanut Butter Cups and IPA’s.

Fourth, I try to prepare his toothbrush for him each morning so that he knows I care enough to save him the exertion of having to do so himself.

Last, but certainly most importantly, I make sure we always have adequate love igloo time. Each day, we huddle under a blanket, pretend we’re in an igloo, and discuss our day, our dreams, and our sexual fantasies. That keeps us so close with an inseparable bond no one could ever break.

And that, my friends, is how I keep the romance alive.

****This post is dedicated to Paige & Angela****
  • odusgolp
    Options
    My husband would text me randomly throughout the day telling me he loved me most and that I was beautiful. He helped out around the house, so I wouldn't have so much to do. He was always looking for and saving recipes that he thought I'd like so he could cook dinner for me on occasion. I miss him terribly. Even the things that irritated me about him.

He died suddenly a little over a month ago. My advice...make sure they know you love them. Always. I'm glad he always knew how much he meant to me and I knew how much I meant to him. The last text he read from me and that he sent to me was us saying we were each other's world. I'm very thankful for that.

Sincerely sorry for your loss ((((hugs))))
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    When I first met guy, I knew I needed to find a way of making him want me forever. So, over the past year, I’ve been perfecting the art of romance and tricking him into thinking he can’t live without me. It's working. So pay attention ladies.

First, when he’s showering, I take his towel, put it in the dryer to warm it up, then place it in the bathroom for him in the shape of a heart… this shows my love for him.

Secondly, I take pictures of him when he’s not looking… especially when he’s sleeping. I send him those pictures of himself throughout the day so that he knows I’m always thinking of him.

Third, I keep a list of things he likes and make sure I have them on hand whenever I see him… like Peanut Butter Cups and IPA’s.

Fourth, I try to prepare his toothbrush for him each morning so that he knows I care enough to save him the exertion of having to do so himself.

Last, but certainly most importantly, I make sure we always have adequate love igloo time. Each day, we huddle under a blanket, pretend we’re in an igloo, and discuss our day, our dreams, and our sexual fantasies. That keeps us so close with an inseparable bond no one could ever break.

snort.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    I have no issues with what people do in the privacy of their own homes... I just have to wonder how someone decides it should be shared with a large group of faceless strangers... Like... there you are... sitting in front of a computer.. or staring into your phone... and suddenly you say to yourself... "I bet the world wants me to share this..." WHEN the reality is Umm no...keep that *kitten* to yourself... besides anyone with a modicum of talent and imagination could scribble down that nonsense...
  • odusgolp
    Options
    I have no issues with what people do in the privacy of their own homes... I just have to wonder how someone decides it should be shared with a large group of faceless strangers... Like... there you are... sitting in front of a computer.. or staring into your phone... and suddenly you say to yourself... "I bet the world wants me to share this..." WHEN the reality is Umm no...keep that *kitten* to yourself... besides anyone with a modicum of talent and imagination could scribble down that nonsense...

tumblr_mxxmsdOyD61scluqjo1_500.gif
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

Your comment and avatar picture match perfectly. I can totally imagine you saying this with that face.

b245640f26d9c186478d31388b191215549e_thumb.jpg
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options

Wow. That's really awful. My condolences!

I'm gonna go hug my boyfriend extra hard today.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

This is why we are friends. :flowerforyou:

Now I just need to trap a man so I can have sex. And igloo.
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Contrary to what other here think, I think it was sweet/sexy/romantic. I totatlly get where you're coming from.

@Wolfsbayne: I am so sorry for your loss. I had no idea.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

Having a bit of fun in this thread, but this struck a cord. I'm sorry for your loss - and really happy you got that text.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    That is both sweet and gross.
    More gross, really.
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options

I am so terribly sorry. I can't imagine.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I constantly feel like I won the lottery with my boyfriend. He's so good at being romantic and sweet and attentive without making it look obsessive or whipped.

19d92998913c404e14c3d370da3f7615.jpg
  • TheRealJigsaw
    TheRealJigsaw Posts: 295 Member
    Options

Sorry for your loss
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options

Not all guys like this kind of stuff. I think my hubby would rather have me sit down next to him during a football game and ask if he traded someone on his fantasy football than for me to put the toothpaste on his brush. Seems like (s)mothering, but to each their own.