How Acceptable Is It For A Grown Adult...

Options

Replies

• smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    If I'm in the mood for a 20 dollar dress, I'll hit up a juniors store once in awhile. For the sake of fit, I think we have to be a LITTLE careful. It doesn't all work, but if you like it-obviously that's fine. Wear it. For the sake of style, I try to pair the juniors item with more adult pieces, well made leather shoes, bags, jackets, cardigans,etc.
  • smarieallen85
    Options
    Okay, there's a huge elephant in the room. Or, on this page rather.
  • Phoenix__Rising
    Phoenix__Rising Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    <~ Shops junior department because she can! Big deal .. really, it is cheaper
    and more fun. I like the options as opposed to dressing in what I revear as
    dull for me. Seriously, they cater to some/ladies Dept's/stores as either just
    slacks and blouses or bland t-shirts and jeans that cost more. Also the
    youngish apparel reflects my persona better. :D Call me immature .. ;p
  • smarieallen85
    Options
    A big thing for me is feel and texture. Most of the juniors stuff is polyester. I like silk, leather, cashmere, cotton, wool...polyester sometimes.
  • Phoenix__Rising
    Phoenix__Rising Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    A big thing for me is feel and texture. Most of the juniors stuff is polyester. I like silk, leather, cashmere, cotton, wool...polyester sometimes.

There's that too ..I appreciate such couture but as I'm not
    even in my final stages .. inexpensive for me. Once I get
    to my finish line, my wardrobe will be a blend. :)
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Great now I am looking up Hot Topic :grumble: Is how my pocket book feels. And I do not think it matters where you shop.
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I am definitely going to be what my husband refers to as a teenage granny. Wear what you want. Well, you know, as long as it won't get you arrested. Unless you're into that...:indifferent:
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I like to pair my superhero t- shirts with pencil skirts or 1950s full skirts. This is how I blend fun with my desire to look 'sophisticated' or 'adult'.

Plus, I can wear it to work then!
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I go there all the time. Lots of Doctor Who stuff.

Hello fellow whovian!
  • LankyYankee
    LankyYankee Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I share clothes with my 14 year old and own items from every one of those stores plus a couple more. If I like it, and I feel like it looks ok, I'm wearing it
    :flowerforyou:
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    And how is it your business? I'm almost 42 and I still wear the hell out of cargo shorts and flip flops. If someone doesn't like it then they can avert their eyes

That's pretty much my husbands summer uniform. Nothing wrong with it.
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Where I live, just about everyone has their nose in their phone, so they wouldn't even notice what brand you are wearing or from where.
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options
    Someone's mad that those clothes don't look good on them.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Who cares? Shop wherever you find clothes that make you feel good !

pretty much this, unless they don't sell your size there lol.. but I shop at places that sell the shoes and clothes I want to wear whether its walmart or Journey's at the mall. to each their own is my motto.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    As a grown adult I reserve the right to shop for clothes in any store that actually carries clothing that fits my giraffe body.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I'm petite so I've shopped at those stores. I bought a pair of dark grey skinny jeans at Forever 21 last year for $10 on sale. They were perfect. I won't buy clothes that look "too young", but sometimes the pants are a little shorter without being a "petite" and I have longish legs for a short gal. Some of the pettite women's pants look like "mom jeans."
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Banana Republic has a pretty good (but small) petite section. I like their clothes. I get jeans, other pants, shorts, dresses. I know people complain they do some vanity sizing, but they do sell a size 00p (and that fits me great). I buy fitted cotton/spandex t-shirts from bluenotes because they are small and not too long (I also get knit tops there). I shop for blouses at H&M. I shop at American Eagle, those clothes fit me great. Lululemon has sweatshirts and jackets that are small enough in the waist, and fit well. I also shop at Asian stores which run very small, so it's much easier to find just about anything I need in a size that will fit me. But, in general many of the mainstream stores run too big, and the clothing does not fit right. Sometimes juniors sizes are not shaped curvy enough between the waist and hips. Finding a tailored jacket that fits my body is a big challenge. But, there is also taking things to a tailor. Some of the more expensive stores run small, but I am not a big spender on clothing. Most stores do not go smaller than a size two, and that is usually too big these days.
  • _SantaClause
    _SantaClause Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I still buy toys from Toys R' Us...for myself.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    <
    from Hot Topic
  • Strange_magic
    Strange_magic Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'd freaking buy Carters Onseies if they sold them in my size.