How to stop weight flucations bothering me so much?

Options
124»

Replies

• skittle316
    skittle316 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    if you're not eating 3500 calories a day, you're fine. Studies showed it takes upto 4000 calories for someone to gain fat. Your body and fat cells doesn't fully get settled until a year or 2 after weight loss. Just give it time, if you're eating the right thing then you have nothing to worry over. I agree with others, OP you are showing symptoms of anorexia. Your weight is becoming an obsession, i'd stop weighing myself until things settle down a bit. Weight does not equal fat.
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    If you weigh every day, record those weights and average them once a week. This shows overall trend and factors in the daily fluctuations. In my experience, it's more accurate than once-a-week weighing, because even if you weigh at the same time of day on the same day of the week (e.g. weight-loss group weigh-ins) you could still be catching a high or low, which can freak you out either direction.

This is what I do, and I love it! On the Check-In page here on MFP, I created a new measurement called "Daily Weight." This is what my Daily Weight graph looks like:

cce6be100d4cefd687776061403fcdd1bd3d.jpg

Every Monday, I average the last 7 days, and log that as my official weight. This is what my Weight graph looks like:

cce6d3b6838a326b744c97db9650b318fc11.jpg

PS, this is what it looks like if I just weigh myself once a week. That bump is when one of my high weights just happened to be on a Monday, even though the overall trend shows that I was losing. I'm glad I didn't rely on this, or I might have thought I was doing something wrong.

cce6944b910f0a05922989000fcb1dab43d1.jpg