The Randoms - January 2011

Options

Replies

• TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    QOTD: The last music I heard was my ring tone going off for the millionth time this morning and its Zelda theme music...lol! The last music music I listened to was Lady Gaga on the radio yesterday...Rah rah AHAHAHH ROMA ROMAMAAA....lol! Yes...don't I sing amazingly well? I thought so...

I get in the car today for an emergency diaper run...BAM! RA RA AH AH AHHHHH ROMA RO MA MA!!!!

Seriously? Its following me...
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Hmm let me think--I believe it was Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream". Love that song!
  • TaraMaria
    Options
    I've been loving Fireworks recently...thats been a good one! I belt it out while I'm driving and my kiddo looks at me like I'm crazy!
  • SarcasticManiac
    Options
    I've been loving Fireworks recently...thats been a good one! I belt it out while I'm driving and my kiddo looks at me like I'm crazy!

Maybe because you are just a little bit crazy? :tongue:

Don't worry though, crazy in a good way! :happy: Just part of what makes us Randoms love you so much.
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    QOTD: What music are you listenin to RIGHT NOW? If you're not listening to music right now, what was the most recent?
    The theme song to Phineas & Ferb.
  • mandijo
    Options
    Bahahaha! My kids watch that All.The.Time!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Home from vacation. I am hoping I still fit my dress pants. Did good on diet until thursday when we got to Daytona. It all went down hill from there oh and add on I am pmsing.
  • mandijo
    Options
    It's ok Ruth! We all have those days. Get back on track tomorrow.

I didn't do well either today. Even though I stayed under my calories, the food choices I made today were awful. I was under a lot of stress with Dan leaving for Haiti today. My brother and his wife invited us over for dinner and to watch football. Bad combination--not to mention I stayed for supper. They fed me "comfort food" and I didn't decline. Bad move on my part. I stayed under my calories and exercised to make up for it, but I still feel pretty crummy. I'm not looking forward to doing Week 5, Day 1 tomorrow on C25k, but I know that I can do it. Wish me luck!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Ahhh it feels good to be back in a normal routine again. This whole week has messed me up, business trip Mon-Fri and then this weekend I just wanted to be a bum with my boyfriend and rest from the trip. The scale isn't too scary, but once I'm back on a normal schedule, it should show the real number, I definitely don't trust what it said this morning. I'm hitting the gym tonight, first legit workout in a week! I have a training session tomorrow so I don't want to be a total mess for that. Hoping these allergy meds kick in today... I can't stop sneezingggg
  • SarcasticManiac
    Options
    QOTD: Who do you want to win the Super Bowl?

For me, I'm a lifelong Bears fan, meaning I hate the Packers. GO STEELERS!!!
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options

Well, sumdumbum, I am a life-long VIKINGS fan, meaning I hate the Packers & Da Bears :laugh: So I'm gonna have to root for the Steelers as well!!!
  • mandijo
    Options
    Sara- It does feel good to be back into routine, doesn't it! Good luck to you this week

QOTD: Well I'm a Bronco's fan, which does me no good on most days, but I'm sick of seeing the Steelers win. It's boring. I thought Aaron Rodgers had a pretty good year, even though I'm FAR from a Packers fan, so I think I'll be rooting for them. My sister-in-law and best friends are also Packers fans, so our Super Bowl Party will actually be fun this year, beings that one of our teams is in lol. So even though I NEVER thought I'd say it, Go Packers!

On a sidenote, while we are talking about sports, I'm counting down the days until baseball preseason begins. Go. Twins.:happy:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

Well, sumdumbum, I am a life-long VIKINGS fan, meaning I hate the Packers & Da Bears :laugh: So I'm gonna have to root for the Steelers as well!!!

Also being a life - long VIKINGS fan I am going to say the Packers so at least it is the NFC that brings it home. I work with too many obxious Steelers fans to want them to win.

Also it is only 24 days until pitchers and catchers report to spring training.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options

Well, I hate football. Sorry to the fans, but it just doesn't do it for me! I don't get it, I don't enjoy watching it, if I do, it's for the beer and nachos or something. I really wanted the Jets to get to the Superbowl since I'm from Jersey. But I don't have an opinion who wins between the Steelers and the Packers. I'm more interested in baseball, I'm a major Yankees fan.
  • just4peachy
    Options

For me, I'm a lifelong Bears fan, meaning I hate the Packers. GO STEELERS!!!

Life long Bengals fan here. Since we're not going to be Super Bowl bound any time in my lifetime I'm gonna have to go with the Pack. In my house, even God hates the Steelers.
  • TaraMaria
    Options
    Even God hates the Steelers....that is awesome! LOL! Such awesome hostility...LOL!

Honestly...I didn't even know the Steelers were a football team until yesterday and I saw the name on my facebook feed! Ha ha! I know the Bears...I'm from Chicago...however aside from saying yeah, they could win: No other football thoughts crossed my mind. Ha ha! I'm not sure who is even going to the superbowl other then the Packers.

MANDI! What are you supposed to be doing today? I didn't scroll back to your schedule with your hubby being gone before I clicked reply...I think Zumba was tomorrow night, I remember that much...or maybe not...lol! I just want to make sure we are keeping you on your toes!

I had surgery on Friday and I really was hoping it wouldn't be as bad as the last time I had the same one a year ago in March. Blech. It was worse. I have a bladder disease and its constantly giving me issues. I have to avoid certain foods and take medications for it. After this surgery I was in so much pain that I was paranoid beyond belief about putting one of the trigger foods in my mouth. I basically lived on noodles, oatmeal, and crackers. My husband brought home a terrible cold in the meantime which meant no matter how sore my throat got, no juice or fruit or anything like that! NOT fun. I'm doing much better surgery wise however this cold really wants to stick around!

That was my weekend in a nutshell! lol! :o) Ruth, it sounds like you had a ton of fun! How long were you gone total?
  • just4peachy
    Options
    Even God hates the Steelers....that is awesome! LOL! Such awesome hostility...LOL!
    When my son was little my former in laws (a Southern Baptist Pastor & youth advisor) bought my son a shirt that said that.
  • mandijo
    Options
    Miss Tara- I'm doing Week 5 day 1 today of my C25k. I'm so nervous hahaha. Hopefully I can do it!
  • mandijo
    Options
    Also, Tara..I hope you start to feel better soon. I've had a bad cold for 2 weeks and it's miserable. I can't imagine dealing with that and post-surgery pain as well. Thinking of you!
  • maeadair
    maeadair Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Sara: I too do not follow football, so you are not alone.

Tara: Take things easy ...you can take "Rose Hips" for vit.c for cold. I am still on prednisone for asthma and have the munchies/hungries...LOL

Mandijo: You will do it... We have faith in you.

Soooo, all that said the bigger QOTD is what "Snack/food goodies" do you have planned if doing a super bowl party? An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure....LOL:happy: