The Randoms - January 2011

Options

Replies

• TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    I also met my January goal today! Under 150 for a fabulous weight of 149.8 lbs! Yay for the Randoms!!!! My next January goal is going to be to hit a weight loss of one lb per week for the rest of the month. That will get me to around 147 by the end of the month. I'd love to see 145 by Valentine's Day, but I don't want to push things since I just got the scale moving again!

:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
    Randoms are kicking some random butt!!!! Actually not so random! They are kicking their own butts! Way to go Sara!!! That is amazing! I read your blog and I'm so proud and happy for you!! :o)
    :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • TaraMaria
    Options
    QOTD: Oh gosh...well if it has to be one I would have to say pizza. I LOVE chinese food with a vengence but I switch around a ton as far as what I order. Our chinese food place in town makes THE best egg rolls and a couple of months ago we had a little party and ordered FIFTY of them. Oh gosh...The sight of them was pure magic...I took a picture...Hahaha!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    QOTD: If you could pick ONE (1) food that you could eat to your heart's content without gaining any calories from whatsoever, what would it be and why?

Can I go with any form of fried potatoe? Chips or french fries. I crave salt since my iron is low and these are the ways I like to have them the best.
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    QOTD: If you could pick ONE (1) food that you could eat to your heart's content without gaining any calories from whatsoever, what would it be and why?
    It would be a toss up between potatoes (in any form, they're my favorite food group) or pizza. I love them both very much. VERY much.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options

Potatoes. *happy sigh* sweet, red, gold, french fried, baked, mashed, in chip form.....I just love them all. If I could have potatoes at every meal (and they were zero calories) then I would be content.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options

Hands down it would be Red Velvet cupcakes or cake, with delicious cream cheese frosting. There are so many cupcake bakeries around now, even below the food court in the mall, that I have SUCH a hard time saying no!!! I let myself have one every now and then, but I could totally make it a daily habit. They're just so delicious and amazing, and I have a bit of a cream cheese obsession. At least I go for the cupcake, which is already a good portion size (providing they aren't jumbo cupcakes). It keeps the calorie splurge to a few hundred instead of 500+ a piece of red velvet cake might have.
  • maeadair
    maeadair Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Ding/Sara/Ruth...Congrats on getting to your goals!!! AWESOME you guys.
    The one thing I would like is Hamburg...Burgers,meatloaf, American chop suey, meatballs, cheeseburger soup, tacos....I could go on and on,but I won't. Oh and also love my milk, it has been hard cutting back on milk. :frown:
    MAE
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options

Ahhhh that's so hard. I'm gonna go with CHICKEN. When I got engaged to my husband I said as long as he fed me chicken once per week & gave me back massages we had a deal :laugh: lol don't worry I was just kidding! I like it fried but hardly have it like that any more for the obvious reasons...but grilled or marinated with pretty much any side dish is delicous to me!!!
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    QOTD: Anything mexican, chinese food, or peanut butter :)
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    QOTD: ice cream treats, especially blizzards and sundaes. This is a cruel question. LOL
  • TaraMaria
    Options
    What is everyone doing this weekend? Tomorrow I have a really busy day but I'm looking forward to it, hopefully it won't hurt too bad to be moving and grooving! Saturday is going to be fun since I get to hang out with some friends in the morning and then hang with my muffins (my boys! :o)) for the rest of the day! In the evening we get a date night and I'm so stinking excited! Sunday we are having people over and I get to eat Chinese. Is it bad that I'm basing my weekend off of movie theater popcorn Saturday night and Chinese food on Sunday? Ha ha! Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe I should give up one of those items...thats a lot of sodium in one weekend! And since I'm not working out right now, doesn't sound like a good plan! :grumble:

QOTD: What is one thing you are proud of that you've accomplished other then weight loss?
  • Shinemaria
    Shinemaria Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody, sorry I haven't been in here too much. Life is hectic - midterms week is getting to me, I think. I have a weight-related issue though - I have been doing MFP for the past 3 weeks and....one pound lost. Just one, and its not even like a full pound. What's up with this? Maybe I'm underreporting my food, it's hard to measure what's in the cafeteria stuff, or maybe it's the stress of midterms. I dont know. My bf says I look like I've lost some, and I feel okay when I look in the mirror, but when I step on the scale it's just a huge disappointment. Tips?
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    QOTD: What is one thing you are proud of that you've accomplished other then weight loss?

I have a bachelor's degree in chemistry.
  • TaraMaria
    Options
    Hey everybody, sorry I haven't been in here too much. Life is hectic - midterms week is getting to me, I think. I have a weight-related issue though - I have been doing MFP for the past 3 weeks and....one pound lost. Just one, and its not even like a full pound. What's up with this? Maybe I'm underreporting my food, it's hard to measure what's in the cafeteria stuff, or maybe it's the stress of midterms. I dont know. My bf says I look like I've lost some, and I feel okay when I look in the mirror, but when I step on the scale it's just a huge disappointment. Tips?

I'm sure the stress of midterms does not help. However whenever I plateaued it was because I wasn't getting enough calories. I was really good at thinking I could come under my calories and still loose weight. I remember a real awakening moment for me was last Easter when I felt like giving up. I was loosing maybe a pound every 2-3 weeks since I had started (January) and I didn't understand what was going on. So I just started eating more. It wasn't like I was pigging out. I just let myself eat more if I wanted and still avoided sugars/sodium. I lost 5 pounds in one week! It was awesome! I couldn't believe it! I'm sure cafeteria food depending on what you are eating could possibly be high in sodium? Is that possible? Sodium is never fun. Don't loose hope! I know that before I even lost one pound it took a bit for my body to decide HEY! We are doing something different!!! My metabolism had to change and catch up!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options

My two degrees in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering. It was an insanely hard 4 1/2 years in college to get those, it's one of the reasons I haven't really had time or energy to tackle the weight problem until I started working full time a year ago. Plus Ithaca, NY is freeeeeezing and miserable 8 months out of the year, so that didn't help wanting to get outside or go to a gym or something. It was all worth it though, now I have a fantastic job playing with satellites all day... whoot!
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    We're staying home tonight. Tomorrow, I'm going to try to make it to zumba, Jae has a birthday party in the afternoon, and then we're taking the kids swimming with another family. Hitting chinese first so I'm a little nervous. I know that I need to get steamed rice instead of fried, but what's a good meal to have? Sunday, my husband gets commissioned in church. He's leaving for Haiti next week, so I'm on my own!

QOTD: I'm most proud of myself for following my dreams even after I got pregnant in high school. I had my daughter Jaedyn when I was a senior in high school. No one expected me to finish high school, but I did- 6th in my class in fact, went on to college, got a degree and now I'm a teacher. It's the best accomplishment I've ever had!
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options

Honestly, the first thing that comes to mind is the summer that I spent volunteering at Big Sandy Camp. I worked there for 10 weeks [of my 12 week summer between semesters] and counseled girls anywhere from age 6-18!!! I got to tell them about how much Jesus loves them and then I just got to spend time with them and let them know that they're special as well as how to love themselves... It was one of the hardest & best summers of my life...and as an added bonus, I met my husband there :wink: So I guess the rest is history.

ps. When I graduate with my BA in Psychology this summer, that will be right up there on the list!