The Randoms - January 2011

Options
Brand new year! Brand new thread!

We kind of started off in the middle of the month back in December but I had wanted to start a group of random awesome people that weren't from a certain age group, weight range, height...and so on! That isn't bad! I just wanted something different! We all have so much to offer regardless of where we are at in our journey and I just love all of the people I've been blessed to meet on this site!

You may join this thread under the following circumstances:

* You are an age. It doesn't how old!
* You weigh something. It doesn't matter what!
* You are a gender. It doesn't matter which one! (We prefer no alien presence but if you are really excited about joining we will take it to a vote!
* You want to check in every day to every couple of days to vent, encourage and chit chat!

If you are new and joining all we ask is that you introduce yourself with your name and goals! I want us to be able to talk about what we are striving towards, ask advice, vent and just chit chat! We all have things to offer one another!

We started a goal list last month even though we began this group half way but I don't think I have everyone's goals on it. If not, just tell us how you did for the month of December and begin to add on for a new January list! Monthly goals are important and we can all hold ourselves accountable for them!!

December Goals
TaraMaria - No fast food for the month of December, build my running to three miles or 30 minutes straight and work on loosing the last 5
Kekibird - To keep gainage down to 1 lb or less this holiday season.
DangerRanger - Weigh 200lbs by Jan 3, 2010. Going on a cruise
kerridodson - Not to gain any weight at all during the Holidays
mandijo - Maintain through the holidays, workout 4-5 times a week, drink my 64 oz of water a day, try to lose 5 pounds a month
00trayn - Goal is to be under 150 lbs, even if it's by 0.1, by January 1st
sayuri1 - Being able to keep up playing with my hyperactive four year old niece, try to drink more than 8 cups a water a day, lose a pound at week
marniehodges - Quit making so many goals, no freakouts and make time for the gym!!
jewelchristian - Goal is to maintain over Christmas and New Years. Start exercising again on January 1
Ding724 - To exercise 5-6 days a week at the gym, eat 1200 calories + 1/2 exercise calories, get under 172 by New Years Eve & only weigh myself 2 times per day
dk82 - Keep my motivation up, drink plenty of ‎water, and try not to gain any or get too stressed during the holidays. After ‎the holidays I'm aiming for a 5lb/month loss.‎

Replies

• TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Okay so for my December goals! I actually did pretty darn good!!! I ate ZERO pizza hut, Chinese food, mcdonalds...but I did have taco bells like twice...I couldn't help myself. I only get two regular beef tacos and a water. But still...the sodium is NOT cool. LOL!

I can run 45 minutes straight now and three miles in 35 minutes! :o) And I lost 6 pounds, BUT I gained three back over Christmas...I'm not even exactly sure how. I didn't eat that poorly since my son has been home from school I haven't been to the gym as much so my exercise has diminished which has sucked. But I wouldn't trade my Grady time for all of the 6 pack, 8 pack or 12 packs abs in the world! LOL! :o)

January 2011
    TaraMaria - Begin Half Marathon Training, Pilates/kickboxing 3 nights a week, Loose 3 pounds, Run 5K
  • NYIceQueen
    NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
    Options
    Hey! So what are we supposed to do, give you a list of monthly goals? :smile:
  • sala46
    sala46 Posts: 5
    Options
    I am desperate for a New Year and new start! Having gained 2 stone in a year, drinking far more alcohol than is healthy for me and not exercising, I have got to make changes this year to gain any real happiness!! My initial goal is to start my weight loss on Monday 3rd January 2011 and cut down on alcohol, only drinking a couple of drinks on Fridays and Saturdays, If at all!! I look forward to any support I can get from My Fitness Pal and in offering support to others as well as making new friends.......
  • TaraMaria
    Options
    Hey! So what are we supposed to do, give you a list of monthly goals? :smile:

Yup! Just copy what I have and add on! We had so many people last month which was so awesome and so much fun but I didn't do so well keeping track of the goals! I'm hoping this time I'll do better by having everyone just add onto a mega list so by February we can just refer back to it!

So just copy my goals, add your name or sn below, write out your goals, post it, and we will hold you to it!!! :o)
  • TaraMaria
    Options
    QOTD per Stampede:

A) Any New Years resolutions for 2011? If yes, then let's hear em!

B) Let's hear some tales of drunken stupidity!!! Nothing to weird or personal, but i'm sure that most people have had a night where you ended up wearing a tiara and glitter around in public, all the while not knowing that you also had toilet paper hanging out of the back of your pants! Fess up and let the hilarity begin!
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year everybody! December was alright for me. I managed to maintain my weight through the holidays and workout 3-4 times a week. So for the most part, my goals were met! My goals for January: continue working out 4-5 times a week, try to lose 5 pounds, and gain miles for Tara's Scranton to NY 120 mile challenge.

My resolutions for 2011 are to continue making and achieving goals. I'm such a laid back person that I tend to make goals, but don't have the type a personality to stick with it most of the time. Hence, why I'm 70 pounds overweight. So I'm going to constantly re-evaluate my goals for my health, my family, my relationships, etc and try and try to constantly improve myself! I need to hold myself accountable for weight loss and remember that I am responsible to myself. With that being said, I am running a 5K and participating in the warrior Dash this summer. I am also going to be part of Healthy Iowa which pretty much just helps you track your progress in a team. Those should all help me stay accountable!
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    Okay so for my December goals! I actually did pretty darn good!!! I ate ZERO pizza hut, Chinese food, mcdonalds...but I did have taco bells like twice...I couldn't help myself. I only get two regular beef tacos and a water. But still...the sodium is NOT cool. LOL!

I can run 45 minutes straight now and three miles in 35 minutes! :o) And I lost 6 pounds, BUT I gained three back over Christmas...I'm not even exactly sure how. I didn't eat that poorly since my son has been home from school I haven't been to the gym as much so my exercise has diminished which has sucked. But I wouldn't trade my Grady time for all of the 6 pack, 8 pack or 12 packs abs in the world! LOL! :o)

January 2011
    TaraMaria - Begin Half Marathon Training, Pilates/kickboxing 3 nights a week, Loose 3 pounds, Run 5K
    MiloBloom83-2 1/2 hours of spin per week(signed up for)and 3 runs of a minimum of 3 miles each. Also, no Mountain Dew for the month of January. Find a race to run in January or Feb., and break my new PR! Oh, and weigh less than 180 by the end of January.
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    January Goal: Start training for a triathlon (want to do one before my 30th birthday in September!)
  • bionicdiver
    bionicdiver Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    January fitness goal: Bulk up and lift heavy for the next 4 weeks plus 2 days per week of cardio. Work on perfecting my diet and staying honest with it for the entire month.

On a personal note, I want to get in a few dives this month. It's been too long....
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    bump so I can find you again... I'll be back to add mine Sweetie:smooched:

Greetings to all you Randoms:wink::drinker: Happy New Year:flowerforyou:
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    January Goal: To make the most of my personal training sessions that I just started at the gym, to use the gym 3 times a week, and to FINALLY SEE BELOW 150!!!

Sadly, I'm 151.1 lbs at of right now, not sure what I was this morning since I just got home from Randy's (I needed the entire day to recover from a nasty New Years hangover). But hopefully I'll see 149 soon since I'm getting back into a normal schedule on Monday and I don't have any major things to get in the way this month. I'd love to lose a few pounds this month, perhaps get to around 147 by the end of it.
  • SarcasticManiac
    Options
    Goals for January: Start and actually stick to a workout routine starting Monday, January 3rd when I'll be 22. (Happy Birthday to Me :D)

Monday-Wednesday-Friday: Run lasting at least 25 minutes. Also, grow a pair when it comes to running and the weather outside. I'll run no matter what's going on, winter be damned.

Tuesday-Thursday: Pushups and/or lifting, no excuses.

Saturday-Sunday: Eat healthy (like all week) and rest and allow my body to recover.

Hold me to this everyone!!!
  • celesalk
    Options
    January Goals: Fitness - Complete the 30 Day Shred (or at least get to level 3... need to be realistic with my health issues, but goal is to complete). Personal - To turn my computer and TV off for one day every week and have a relaxing day away from work/school/pressures/etc.
  • NYIceQueen
    NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
    Options
    NYIceQueen's January goals: (1) Go past the 30-pound lost mark, (2) go back to NOT having any sodas, (3) move every day, even I'm in so much pain hubby has to literally pull me onto the couch from the floor because I can't (4) drink 6 servings of water a day -- 8's unrealistic for me.
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    January goals, just_peachy:

Taking away that glass of wine I've been letting myself have every night, this month will be dry!
    At least one day/wk drink my current weight (164) in ounces of water
    Start half marathon training at least 3 miles at least 3x/wk
    Learn to do REAL push-ups. Without the balance ball.
  • sala46
    sala46 Posts: 5
    Options
    Sally Lock January goal start with a positive attitude and attempt to lose 2ilb a week and exercise 3 times a week!!
  • stampede55
    Options
    Bumpity bump
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    bump I will read and update later.
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    :happy: Ding724's January goals:::
    *GET UNDER 170!!!!!!!