The Randoms - January 2011

Replies

• MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    QOTD: What is your absolutely favorite TV show?

Sadly, this is kind of a difficult question for me... I'm gonna have to go with my top 5 :laugh: lol
    1. 30 Rock - I LOVE LOVE LOVE Tina Fey :love:
    2. The Office - seriously, anyone that doesn't like the office is just weird in my book [jk] I have 5 fish named Kevin, Jim, Pam, Ryan & Dwight
    3. The Bachelor - gotta love all the drama!!! Apparently a girl on this season has fangs?!?!
    4. Prison Break - psychological THRILLER
    5. LOST - I know it's over, but I kind of dedicated a few years of my life to it :noway:

I caught the first episode of the bachelor, since I am a nascar fan and Emily was engaged to Ricky Hendrick when he was killed, usually do not watch the show and probably won't after the first one. You are right though one of the girls has fangs. It is scary.
  • NYIceQueen
    NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423

1. Spartacus: Blood & Sand (shame about Andy but MAN talk about eye candy all over the place!)
    2. True Blood
    3. Grey's Anatomy
    4. Rome (great mini-series - shame only 2 seasons)
    5. My Hero -- little-known British show on PBS which is completely INSANE AND FUNNY Love that show
    5a. Coupling - the old one.
  • I have a few shows I enjoy:

1. MYTHBUSTERS (probably my fave)
    2. The Daily Show
    3. The Colbert Report
    4. South Park
    5.The IT Crowd (very British, and very funny)
    6. The Chaser's War on Everything (Australian)
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member

Currently Big Bang Theroy. I can sooooo relate to those guys. I can not watch it at the gym since I will usually try to laugh and clap at the same time and that is just hard to to while running on the treadmill. :happy:

BAHAHAHA! I think I peed my pants a little bit reading that. I can just picture it! Anyways...my favorites:

1. Grey's Anatomy
    2. Private Practice
    3. Biggest Loser

For shows that I USE to love and either are stupid now or are no longer on: The OC and One Tree Hill (Yes, I like the teen drama, don't judge me) :smile:
  • MissingMinnesota

Currently Big Bang Theroy. I can sooooo relate to those guys. I can not watch it at the gym since I will usually try to laugh and clap at the same time and that is just hard to to while running on the treadmill. :happy:

BAHAHAHA! I think I peed my pants a little bit reading that. I can just picture it! Anyways...my favorites:

1. Grey's Anatomy
    2. Private Practice
    3. Biggest Loser

For shows that I USE to love and either are stupid now or are no longer on: The OC and One Tree Hill (Yes, I like the teen drama, don't judge me) :smile:

I love a good teen drama too but I usually stick to movies. Have you seen Easy A yet? It is very funny.
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    QOTD: First off...I must know the best group of people. Quantum Leap FTW!

And Mandie, this is hard for me too. I'm going to have to go with my top 5, but I can't even tell you how many I want to squeeze in there. Oh my gosh seriously, my brain is going: JUST FIVE?

1.) How I Met Your Mother. NPH? Come on...AWESOME.
    2.) Its Always Sunny in Philly. Recent discovery. Sometimes I laugh so hard I cry.
    3.)The Office. Jam? Michael? Super Cereal...
    4.) The Middle...I seriously feel like there is a camera watching my life!
    5.) Running Wilde, Arrested Development, Pushing Daises, Community, 30 Rock...Oh wait...what happened there...
  • mandijo
    Whoa woman....5. You get 5.
  • TaraMaria
    Whoa woman....5. You get 5.

LOL!!!!!!

*hangs head*

*puppy eyes*

*single tear*

:sad:
  • Oh come on, let Tara have her extras. I put down 6 and nobody complained...
  • mandijo
    Alright, alright, alright!

Forgiven.
  • TaraMaria
    Hehehehe! :o) Thank you! lol!!!!
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Okay, now I am going to seem like an super geek, but I only watch tv in dvd (usually from the library or netflix) form so I am a little behind the times. I like Stargate Atlantis, StarTrek the Next Generation, StarTrek Voyager, Big Bag Theory and CSI (with Grissom).
  • TaraMaria
    Okay, now I am going to seem like an super geek, but I only watch tv in dvd (usually from the library or netflix) form so I am a little behind the times. I like Stargate Atlantis, StarTrek the Next Generation, StarTrek Voyager, Big Bag Theory and CSI (with Grissom).

Besides my Thursday night line up on NBC (one of the 4 channels I get...lol) I only watch tv through netflix or my computer! So I don't do a ton of Tv watching. I just really love my shows! Haha! :o)
  • Okay, now I am going to seem like an super geek, but I only watch tv in dvd (usually from the library or netflix) form so I am a little behind the times. I like Stargate Atlantis, StarTrek the Next Generation, StarTrek Voyager, Big Bag Theory and CSI (with Grissom).

Awesome! Another Star Trek fan other than me (I don't generally mention it because I meet so few people who like it). CSI with Grissom is pretty sweet too.
  • MissingMinnesota
    QOTD: What are you plans for this weekend?

I am taking the time to spend with myself it has been so hectic the last couple weekends with the holidays and then next weekend I go on vacation. I am doing a yearly trip to Tybee Island, GA where my friends father allows her to have the beach house for the month of January, with a side trip to Daytona for Pre-Season Thunder. So I am going to need this weekend just to get my house back in order.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member

I've actually got a pretty busy weekend ahead of me. Tonight I'm having date night with Randy, no idea what we'll end up doing. Usually I just show up at his apartment before dinner time and we wing it. It's nice that he lives in Alexandria, we can get to Old Town, Arlington, or downtown DC really easily for a night out. Tomorrow I've got babysitting duty for my 9 and 11 yr old cousins while my aunt and uncle go to a wedding. I'm staying over night, so that should be an adventure. I'm hoping to use my aunt's treadmill to workout, since that's probably my only good opportunity all weekend. Sunday I'd love to get to the mall on the way home from my aunt's, see what they have at the Victoria Secret sale (yes, I already went nuts in one store, I need to see what the other store has! haha).
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member

My plans this weekend are to relax at home with Andrew, get all of my semester assignments organized in my planner [I know, i'm a nerd], so i'm ready to go on monday when classes start, go to the gym ALL 3 evenings to kick my *kitten* into shape & go shopping for new bras & undies because mine are literally falling off of me :noway:

~ On a side note, I had a terrible night last night... I was feelling really down on myself & was literally weighing myself every 20 minutes to see if the scale could possibly be wrong :indifferent: I think I need to see someone about this obsession! lol I am less than 2 lbs away from my original goal of a healthy BMI & I think that I might need to take a slight sabatical from all this stress & worrying about my weight. I need to be able to control my own thoughts & not believe those little voices in my head [okay, i'm not a psycho, I don't literally hear voices...hopefully you know what I mean] that are constantly telling me that i'm ugly & worthless...
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,304 Member
    <---- Definitely random. *waves* Hi all. :flowerforyou:

QOTD: What are your plans for the weekend?

Homework. Homework. Have company coming to town the end of next week for 10 days so I have to get ahead in my classes so I don't have to scramble after. Also going to sleep. A lot. :tongue:
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    QOTD: What are your plans for the weekend?

Well lets see, I have a Chuck -E - Cheese party to attend with my son tomorrow .... then there is a pole party I would like to attend tomorrow night.

I need to hit the gym first thing in the morning and Sunday morning as well. Sunday, hopefully will be a day to relax, clean, and mentally prepare myself for Monday.

Have a great weekend everyone.
  • MissingMinnesota

My plans this weekend are to relax at home with Andrew, get all of my semester assignments organized in my planner [I know, i'm a nerd], so i'm ready to go on monday when classes start, go to the gym ALL 3 evenings to kick my *kitten* into shape & go shopping for new bras & undies because mine are literally falling off of me :noway:

~ On a side note, I had a terrible night last night... I was feelling really down on myself & was literally weighing myself every 20 minutes to see if the scale could possibly be wrong :indifferent: I think I need to see someone about this obsession! lol I am less than 2 lbs away from my original goal of a healthy BMI & I think that I might need to take a slight sabatical from all this stress & worrying about my weight. I need to be able to control my own thoughts & not believe those little voices in my head [okay, i'm not a psycho, I don't literally hear voices...hopefully you know what I mean] that are constantly telling me that i'm ugly & worthless...

Hugs Mandie. Do you have progress pictures of your weight loss? I know when I am feeling down and think I am stuck and it is going slow I look at those and realize where I have been and where I am now and know I accomplished a lot. Or remember you are going shopping for new bras and undies because of all you have done.
This discussion has been closed.