1200 cal/day girls! Let's share our diaries!

Options

Replies

• FR89
    FR89 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    im on the same calories and would love to have people in the same boat..

feel free to add!! xx
  • DarkStarBurning
    DarkStarBurning Posts: 17 Member
    Options

This thread is for those who do need to eat only 1200 calories or thereabouts.
    These would usually be older, shorter, not so active women.
    I cannot see your statistics but your photo doesn't look very old to me.

Ugh, I'm all confused now.
    I *am* an older ( 45 ), shorter ( 5'7" ), not-so-active ( home desk job ) woman... Yet my TDEE minus 20% is coming out at 1404...
  • fernlori
    fernlori Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Mines not perfect either- but feel free to review and comment. Any suggestions appreciated!:flowerforyou: :glasses:
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options

I *am* an older ( 45 ), shorter ( 5'7" ), not-so-active ( home desk job ) woman... Yet my TDEE minus 20% is coming out at 1404...

5'7 really isn't short for a woman, it's about average. Your TDEE depends a lot on how much you exercise and how active you are, so if you don't exercise much or have an inactive lifestyle, your TDEE would be on the lower side.
  • smetka01
    smetka01 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I ate 1200 for 2 months + exercise calories. Now I eat about 1500 + exercise calories because I am not in a hurry to lose those last pounds (about 10 left). Diary is open for friends.
    Edit: I am also 5'7 and my tdee for no exercise is 1757.

Add me if you want too ;)
  • DarkStarBurning
    Options

5'7 really isn't short for a woman, it's about average.

It is..? Hmm.. I don't feel like average. But then I moved to the Netherlands and the women around here are all Amazons lol
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,064 Member
    Options

Sure, my calorie goal was about that too.

But add another 10 or so years and subtract 6 in or more of height and your goal would come out at around 1200.
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me. I'm 5'7ish, 170lbs (lost 70 or so already) and I actually eat to my BMR (1620) because I know what my TDEE is (2200ish) so I lose 1-1.5lbs a week without starving myself of nutrients and losing a ton of lean body mass.

Feel free to friend me if you'd like to learn how to lose weight healthily, keep it off, and not end up lacking lean muscle mass when you finish, or losing your hair or finger nails from malnutrition!

For real though, if you calculate your BMR and TDEE and your BMR is actually 1200, all the more power to you, but the majority of the people who posted here should actually be eating anywhere from 1400-2000 calories a day to lose weight healthy, sustainably and without causing long term damage to their internal organs.
  • smetka01
    Options

5'7 really isn't short for a woman, it's about average.

It is..? Hmm.. I don't feel like average. But then I moved to the Netherlands and the women around here are all Amazons lol

Move somewhere else :)http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/height-chart.shtml

P.s.: you don't look like 45. No way, not at all!
  • DarkStarBurning
    Options

Move somewhere else :)http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/height-chart.shtml

But I've only just moved here! lol Interesting chart though, I would have put them as much taller.

And thank you, my new best friend :D
  • qmmanager69
    qmmanager69 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I mean this in the most friendly way possible, but do any of you 5'7" women realize how funny it sounds that you're calling yourselves short to those of us who never hit 5 feet tall?? 4'11"?? Now THAT'S short. :-) (Sorry, just had to add my 2 cents)
  • smetka01
    Options

But I've only just moved here! lol Interesting chart though, I would have put them as much taller.

And thank you, my new best friend :D

:drinker:
    I mean this in the most friendly way possible, but do any of you 5'7" women realize how funny it sounds that you're calling yourselves short to those of us who never hit 5 feet tall?? 4'11"?? Now THAT'S short. :-) (Sorry, just had to add my 2 cents)

There are some taller and some shorter :) I guess we are average or even little over. I always envied you who are 5 feet tall or even less. You hardly get smaller boyfriend :bigsmile:
  • megmarie81
    megmarie81 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I could have sworn I posted in this thread before. It must have been another one with a similar topic.

My diary is open, anyone can view it or add me. My current calorie goal is 1300, but I usually aim for 1200. When I was exercising more I set it to 1400 but I'm not much for exercise in this heat.

I don't skip meals, I don't feel hungry all the time or want to snack all day. I just eat less caloric food or if I want something that is caloric I eat a small portion of it. I eat chocolate a lot but I eat like one or two squares, it's been weeks since I've had a whole bar. I have also changed my cooking to use a lot of low calorie seasonings like mustards, vinegars, worcestershire sauce and hot sauce along with more herbs and spices. Recently I started using the nonfat greek yogurt as a substitute for sour cream and I also use it to bulk up things like salad dressings and hummus. I also drink a lot of unsweetened tea throughout the day which can help keep away the hunger pains.

I'm 5'7 and I started off weighing quite a bit, but I found that I wasn't loosing at the higher calorie levels. I think it is due to some medications I am on because when I was younger the weight came off a lot quicker when I ate around 1400-1500 calories. Some people need to be on a lower calorie diet than you.
  • eappel1023
    eappel1023 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am on a 1200 cal/day plan as well. Today is my first day really starting (again!) but when I lost almost 60lbs a few years ago I stuck to 1200 cal and it worked for me. The trick for me was taking into account my lifestyle when deciding when to eat those calories. For me, I can go most of the day eating on the lower calorie end. I know most fitness professionals would say to eat balanced meals throughout the day but the truth is, when I get home, I want to snack! I love my hummus and chips after work and always eat a little ice cream at night. So I cut a few calories for breakfast and lunch and saved them for later in the day. That way I ate what I wanted WHEN I wanted. It's not right for everyone, but for me it was a more realistic approach to eating. Of course I do not recommend starving yourself all day so you can indulge at night. But if you need a few extra calories at night then I don't see a problem with skimming a little at breakfast and lunch.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I've been on 1200 calories a day for almost 5 weeks and already dropped a pants size.

Oh - btw I'm 5'8 and 41 years old. I want to be in my sexypants (size 6 or 8) by the holidays. I'm currrently a 10.
  • Renosu
    Renosu Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10, about to turn 60 and have a 1330 calorie goal. I'm only in my second week and 3# down with about 40 to go. No time to exercise during the week but I'm a big weekend warrior!
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    I think I might have posted before, but I'm at 1200, eating back exercise calories. I am actually one of those short older folks -- 55 and 5'1.5". My diary is open. I usually eat 3 meals a day and 2 snacks.
  • PeanutButterAddict
    Options
    I'm doing 1200 a day! Super ready for more friends!!!!
  • browneyes6082
    browneyes6082 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! Add me so we can compare food diaries! I also do 1200 but eat back some of my exercise calories each day so I usually end up doing closer to 1400.