What looked so good, but turned out to taste horrible

Options

Replies

• RostandFL
    Options
    Had a craving for corned beef hash this morning. Couldn't stand the smell and couldn't eat it. I've been eating almost vegetarian since 8/22 so maybe it's ruining my carnivorous spirit! LOL
  • dswolverine
    dswolverine Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's better 'n peanut butter. Better than pb my *kitten*.
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Polenta. With it's rich golden colour, it looked so nice; tasted crap. Or rather, it didn't really taste of anything. I didn't like the texture either. That was a big disappointment!

Try cooking your polenta in chicken stock instead of water and adding some parmesan and oregano once it's done. It is supposed to be close to the texture of mashed potatoes, so you really have to whip it while you're cooking.

For me, it's Tiramisu. I love coffee in anything, so this should be right up my alley. But it's really just soggy cookies. Blech!
  • funfang
    funfang Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Quest Peanut butter cups, GROSS!!!! couldn't get ride of that weird after taste for an hour after I had one. I took the open package ( it came with two in a package) and returned it. With the same amount of calories, I will have the real one.....
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Dried wasabi peas
    Sushi

puke.gif
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Eggplant
  • LoobyGongzhu
    LoobyGongzhu Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Carrot cake with hidden raisins.

People who put raisins in Carrot cake belong in a special section of hell.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Coconut water. That *kitten* is nasty.
  • BlueBombers
    Options
    Carrot cake with hidden raisins.

I :heart: raisins. Yum!
  • greentart
    greentart Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Seaweed. I mean... it tastes like the ocean. Literally. GAG. It probably doesn't help that my first piece of sushi with nori was literally shoved down my throat and I choked and puke it back up. I love certain sushi, but unless it's a soy wrap or is deep-fried, I just can't get over that taste.

Shell-fish. My family used to have crab every Christmas for dinner. One year, I ended up getting sick on it and threw it all back up. Now whenever I smell shell-fish, I want to puke.

Most mushrooms. I LOVE how they look. Taste? Why not just eat a handle of dirt instead? Even stuffed with cheese and bacon, it's normally not enough to cover it up. It also has something to do with the texture. Just so SLIMY. Though I love truffles, which I think unicorn's have cough-up like fur balls.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Pizza made with portobello mushrooms. :noway:

Haha, that is what I am making for dinner, good thing you aren't the dinner guest.
  • carinthea
    carinthea Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Coffee made with almond milk! Tea made with almond milk! I love almond milk, love it on cereal, love it in a hot chocolate (with my single allowed tablespoon of cocoa powder) but I cannot stand it in either of the other two drinks, which means at present I am going without caffeine (wondered why I was getting headaches). Almond milk is great but it seems to not mix very well at all with coffee or tea (can't have soya milk, apart from the disgusting aftertaste it's not something that agrees with my stomach at all).
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    quest bars
  • dlr165
    dlr165 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hummus! I really thought I would like it cuz I eat and have tried a lot of strange and healthy thing but I just can not do hummus yuck!!

Ditto!
  • BlueBombers
    Options
    sweet potato of any kind.even the purple variety sold as street food in thailand for pennies.
    its wrong on so many levels, no wonder you septics make a dessert of it in sweet potato pie( Least i assume its a dessert?).

I too hate sweet potato, don't care how it's prepared. That stuff is vile. :sick:
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I have lots, but these are the ones that come to mind right now...

Tofu. Everyone is always telling me it's tasteless and just takes on the flavor of what you cook it with. But to me there is a funky undertaste to it.

Shellfish (any kind and any preparation). Always looks so appetizing, but yuck!

Acorn squash. Made it for the first time a few months ago, and never again. Tasted and smelled just awful.

More...

Almond Breeze non-dairy frozen desserts (any of em). Yuck.

Ground turkey. I eat lots of turkey, but the ground stuff has a smell and taste to it that really puts me off. I'll eat it, but it has to be seasoned enough to completely mask that flavor and smell.

Cool Whip Light. I used to eat this stuff all the time. Had some recently and blech. I had switched to TruWhip Light last year and it just tastes so much better.

Iced coffee drinks. Love coffee, but not iced. Ew.
  • BlueBombers
    Options
    The strawberry cheesecake I made with cauliflower.

^ This is wrong on so many levels. :noway:
  • ASH2038602
    ASH2038602 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Papaya... Seriously disgusting. Someone told me I had to bury the *kitten* for a couple days for it to taste right, wtf?!
    I can't do cinnamon, which is a bummer because I love all the things that typically incorporate it lol. Vegan chocolate chips were totally misleading. I have PTSD from that experience. And I may get publicly flogged for this one, but bacon jerky. Nope. Not gonna do it.
  • Pookerz
    Pookerz Posts: 10
    Options
    Babybel cheese. Looks like a proper snack but tastes like an old dirty sock.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Papaya... Seriously disgusting. Someone told me I had to bury the *kitten* for a couple days for it to taste right, wtf?!
    I can't do cinnamon, which is a bummer because I love all the things that typically incorporate it lol. Vegan chocolate chips were totally misleading. I have PTSD from that experience. And I may get publicly flogged for this one, but bacon jerky. Nope. Not gonna do it.

How could I forget papaya. Disgusting is right.