What looked so good, but turned out to taste horrible

Options

Replies

• luvtrails
    luvtrails Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say boogers. They look delicious, but were too salty for my taste. And the wee hairs...unappealing!
  • eggomylegos
    eggomylegos Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Sashimi, pretty but yuk! the only thing worse than it is wasabi, vile. I do like sushi but these two things no no no!

I adore sushi but wasabi makes me die a little inside. I wish death upon the jerkfaces who put a dollop in the middle of nigiri.

Also, Arctic Zero "Ice Cream". I was personally offended by the awfulness which filled that disgraced pint container.
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Liver
    Kidneys
    Coconut water
    Cauliflower crust pizza
    Most things with curry in them.
  • lamps1303
    lamps1303 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese

^This a hundred times over.

I once tried making my own proyo with chocolate whey and peanut butter - yer...not so great. And left a really nasty bitter after taste! Won't be doing that again in a hurry. Also tried making a healthy apple cake. Turned out rank.
  • akoorn1982
    akoorn1982 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Guava - had some in Indonesia, mistaking it for melon; it smelled like **** and tasted horrible....
  • lamps1303
    lamps1303 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Quest Peanut butter cups, GROSS!!!! couldn't get ride of that weird after taste for an hour after I had one. I took the open package ( it came with two in a package) and returned it. With the same amount of calories, I will have the real one.....

Ohhhh, those were so disappointing. The first pack I ever bought, I thought I must have gotten a bad pack. Nope, they're just that terrible!

And stuffed mushrooms. They look SO good, but taste like stuffed slime balls. I always think I'll like things with mushrooms, but alas, they're not for me :sick:

I tried the standard PB quest bar and was so disappointed.

Totally agree about mushrooms. Especially breaded mushrooms with garlic mayo - look and smell great but just yuck!
  • thegilly6
    thegilly6 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    When I thought I was eating mint candy in the bulk foods area and it turned out to be wasabi morsels. Wow!
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    sushi- It just looks sooooo beautiful and delicious and just tatses sooooo WRONG

beets- How can something that is sweet and have such a fabulous color be sooooo disgusting? I've tried them so many times and they always taste like DIRT. Literally.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower mash. Blech! After four attempts, I gave up. It's real potatoes or nothing for this girl. Actually...anything with cauliflower is pretty gross.

Also, fried mushrooms. They smell soooo good, but mushrooms are vile in any form.
  • dammitjanet0161
    dammitjanet0161 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Tahini - looks like smooth cashew or peanut butter but tastes like ear wax. Blech.

Any commerical mass produced commercial cake - usually looks nice but is just pure sugar icing and tasteless sponge. Occasionally at work someone will buy a giant sized Costco special for a birthday or other celebration, and I never have a problem giving those a miss.
  • dulceproductions
    dulceproductions Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If it was swimming before it died, I probably won't eat it. Unless it's TGIF's battered shrimp or Chicken of the Sea Tuna in mayo.
  • eggomylegos
    eggomylegos Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    When I thought I was eating mint candy in the bulk foods area and it turned out to be wasabi morsels. Wow!

That is tragic :(
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    add to the list
    lettuce
    undigestible now!
  • meridianova
    meridianova Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Goat's cheese. i want to love it, I really do. My in-laws are always serving it.

It just tastes like old dirt to me :(

you too??? i could have sworn i was the only one. i have friends who love it and use it in a lot of things, but every time i've had it (or anything made with goat dairy, for that matter), the only thing i can taste is "barnyard."

buttermilk is my other one. i remember ordering it in a restaurant as a kid. i don't know what i expected it to be, but it was utterly gross. and of course, my mother made me drink the whole thing.
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    For me, it's scallops. I reasoned that I should like them because I generally love seafood, but the texture :sick: I felt so guilty about ordering them at such a price and then finding out they were in the top 3 worst things I have ever put in my mouth.

This. I always thought I'd love scallops. Finally sprung for fresh seared ones at a beachside place whose other seafood was awesome. Yeah... NO! The tecyure was gross and I found the meat itself oddly sweet.

I agree completely. :sick:
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options

For me, it's scallops. I reasoned that I should like them because I generally love seafood, but the texture :sick: I felt so guilty about ordering them at such a price and then finding out they were in the top 3 worst things I have ever put in my mouth.

I felt that way about brie. I am a cheese lover but somehow had never tried it until my late 20's when I was at a nice restaurant with girlfriends...ordered an appetizer with brie as its focus and nearly choked. Everyone else loved it. eww ewwwww no.

Of course I have had 2-3 other occasions now when people insist that their specific way of serving brie or a special type/brand is so much better...I've played along but hated it all.

Really?? I LOVE baked brie wrapped in pastry!
    6a00d8341c77ee53ef017742990f62970d-800wi

Drooool...
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Goat's cheese. i want to love it, I really do. My in-laws are always serving it.

It just tastes like old dirt to me :(

you too??? i could have sworn i was the only one. i have friends who love it and use it in a lot of things, but every time i've had it (or anything made with goat dairy, for that matter), the only thing i can taste is "barnyard."

I REALLY want to like goat milk products too but no matter what is made from them, All I can taste is GOAT. I mean it literally tastes like I'm LICKING A GOAT! Even when it's made into cheese or yogurt or whatever, it still tastes EXACTLY like licking a goat to me. OK, I've never actually licked a goat before but I KNOW that licking a goat would taste just like goat's milk! I think it's genetic because I can't imagine that other people taste what I taste and actually LIKE IT. I also can't eat beets because they taste like DIRT. Other people love them and can eat the exact same beets and swear that I'm crazy and the beets DON'T taste like dirt yet all I can taste is soil.
  • pixelatedsun
    pixelatedsun Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    sushi- It just looks sooooo beautiful and delicious and just tatses sooooo WRONG

Don't get sashimi! Try sushi with cooked fish in it - get a California roll, or a crunchy roll. Those are my favorites. I hated sushi until I tried one piece of crunchy roll, and I was absolutely smitten from then on!
  • lafoto13
    lafoto13 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    every single protein powder ive ever tasted. if anyone knows a tasty one (without aspartame, bad chemicals, etc)...let me know!
  • Sarahliquid
    Sarahliquid Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Muscle Milk Banana flavored.... It tastes like noxious cough syrup but I choked it down anyways...because, dang it... I paid for it!
    And I SUFFERED :sick:

I ordered chicken strips at a hotel once just because the only muscle milk they had was banana. I knew better, blech!