rudest thing anyone has ever said about your weight?

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    you were prettier fat, you have no bewbs now. From a co-worker I hardly know. :embarassed:

Uh, thanks? :noway:

And yes, she is overweight:huh:
  • sphkhn
    sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I have heard more rude things now that I have started losing weight.

One of my best friends said "You should start going on more dates you are skinny now and you're even wearing makeup every day." It is true I wasn't taking care of myself and I was embarrassed about my body around men. But it still hurt even though she was trying to be nice.

My Mom is constantly telling me how she felt about my weight now that I am losing, it is giving her free license to just go ahead and say I was fat and clothes didn't look good on me. And then as a treat when I saw her last we got Chick-fil-a and I got a sandwich and fries and she got the same plus a shake and she said "I'm glad you didn't get a shake." (she's been thin her whole life) I love my mom but I wish she would bite her tongue.

My Dad on the other hand thinks I don't have enough money for food and everytime I see him (every few months) tries to make me order more food/buys me more beer. I explained I am getting healthy on purpose and he says I alway looked healthy to him.
  • Prettypedalpower
    Options
    The rudest thing said to me was in a bar with my bf at the time. This gentleman (in the loosest sense of the word) said who's that fat English c**t? To my boyfriend Meaning me. ????. Then he proceeded to say looking at me was putting me off his beer. I was mortified. Didn't go out the house for months and gained a further 100lb. Taking me to 350lb. I've lost 160. I'd love to bump into him again
  • Misskittyfantastico
    Misskittyfantastico Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    A guy I fancied in my first year of University, who had asked me out several times:

"I love hanging out with you. I wish I could have your personality but your friend's appearance"...

(in reference to my much, much skinnier friend)

LIKE, oh! I'm so bummed for you, I wish you could "have" my personality but my friend's appearance, too. Whaaaat?
  • carinthea
    carinthea Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    you were prettier fat, you have no bewbs now. From a co-worker I hardly know. :embarassed:

Uh, thanks? :noway:

And yes, she is overweight:huh:

Some people resent those with willpower to do what they can't bring themselves to, and they voice this in such a way that it is potentially insulting. Ignore her, it really is jealousy talking. I think that you look great, and very happy in your profile pic.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    "You fat *kitten*"
  • FitFitzy331
    FitFitzy331 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school, a guy I was dating poked my stomach and said "wow, I've never felt a girl's stomach be so soft before." And so began the starvation diets and self loathing attitude which thankfully I have since gotten over.

omg something really similar, in college a month or so in I stepped on a scale and realized i put on the freshman 15, I told my boyfriend at the time and he proceeded to poke my stomach and say "maybe you should eat a salad then" before I could feel too badly one of my guy friends smacked him repeatedly (with a newspaper, nothing too violent) while saying "Never EVER say that to a girl" then went over to tell me I am beautiful and I should ignore the jerk I was dating. Lucky for me that my friend was around, it helped me focus on losing that weight in a healthy way.
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    AFTER:
    "you look like you just got from a concentration camp"
    "I'll take it as a compliment, thanks"
    "wasn't meant as one.."

"ugh.."
  • komitra
    komitra Posts: 67
    Options
    that was rude!

Congrats on your transformation
  • osteological
    osteological Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    One thing that I really remember wasn't actually said about my weight, but done. It was 4th grade and my 'friend' at the time was drawing a picture of our group of friends. I was definitely overweight, but I'd also started 'developing' hormonally earlier than everyone else - super awkward phase for me all around. Anyway, she got to finishing drawing me and one of the other girls went "no, you made her arms too small", so the 'friend' erased the arms on the little drawing person and made them into more-or-less circles, laughing. "There, that's a lot better!"

Around the same time, a different girl in the same group of friends was 'forced' by her mother to invite me to her birthday party (because I was allegedly her best friend at the time) - she didn't want to invite me because 'the other girls thought I was too fat'.

And people wondered why I got a whole new set of friends in Jr. High.
  • bossyfairy
    bossyfairy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    "She's got the *kitten* the size of Africa." - a 'friend' in high school in front of everyone, I was 15.

"You have lost weight! You are such good girls." To me and a friend by dancing teacher (we were 11 and I had been ill with tonsilitis)

"No wonder you are so fat." - a 'friend's dad over a meal when I was at their house for dinner. I was only about 10. My friend was very skinny and very petite so I did look 'big' next to her. She wore clothes for children aged 7-8 when we were 10.

They are the ones that have really stuck in my head. Worst of it is, and this is really sad I think, I was convinced I was fat but looking back at photos, I wasnt at all. I just looked like a normal kid.

If someone said it now, yes I am fat *now* and I am doing something about it. But I wasnt then. I dont get it!
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Man, this thread is depressing as hell. Guess I'll add my own. My Mom once said (keep in mind, I was 5'11" and 140 LBS at the time) about modelling: "you don't have the body for it and your sister doesn't have the face for it."

That was the most impressive double-insult I've ever heard.
  • paotoa
    paotoa Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    "You're lookin' kinda chunky" - Dad

"Well, you're lookin' kinda old" - Me
  • GlutesthatSalute
    GlutesthatSalute Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I used to be made fun of in HS for my THICK legs.. in a hallway of rail thin white chicks I was an obvious outcast.. Thank Goodness curves came in.. Being called THUNDER Thighs at 15 was not my most enjoyable part of being in school
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    At 15, from a 300+ pound aunt "Darlene with the big legs"....I was 110 lbs and 5' 8", I certainly did not have 'big legs'

At 25, from my best friend's boy friend "You are so pretty, you could be a plus sized model"....I was 140 lbs and a size 10...."plus sized my 10.

And now at 40, when I tell people I'm working out to be fit and healthy and they say I only want to be thin....hmm, been there, done that and would much rather be healthy and overweight than thin and sickly.
  • HamptonPhoenix
    HamptonPhoenix Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My mom used to tell me almost every day, "You're beautiful just the way you are." Also in the same day she'd say, "Honey you need to take care of yourself. I'm afraid you're going to die... and you have stretchmarks... look at all the stretchmarks."

O.O

Mortifying.
  • gelendestrasse
    Options
    You've lost too much, you should stop (I'm 20# over my target...)
  • emailme178
    emailme178 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    A ex friend took my pics and posted them on a awful site saying how im 220 so huge and have a "huge jelly baby belly" .... people are *kitten*.
  • emailme178
    emailme178 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    My mom says that to me too when i lose... that im losing too much ... aka she doesnt want me to weigh less than her so she can feel better about herself!!!
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I used to be made fun of in HS for my THICK legs.. in a hallway of rail thin white chicks I was an obvious outcast.. Thank Goodness curves came in.. Being called THUNDER Thighs at 15 was not my most enjoyable part of being in school

I love your thighs :love: :flowerforyou: