Do you get offended and hurt when .................

Options

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Sometimes. There are a few that have hurt the feelers a little bit.
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    If they go inactive, dont log for a week or more without explanation or if you are a crybaby and whine about overeating or if you talk about how you ate one grape and got so stuffed you couldnt finish the grape. Those are my standards....if you are not here to encourage or at least be productive for yourself we will not jive and I will delete you. I need to be surrounded by focused motivated people!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    With election season right around the corner... there will probably be plenty of deletions on here and FB.

The most common reason for deletes on FB is political shares.

I have to admit, they are annoying.

Unless I agree with them.

If I disagree, they are just making them selves seem so ignorant.

...Oh.

Ok, good. I wasn't the only one who noticed that too.

I just assumed everyone who didn't agree with a persons political idea thought that person to be quite ignorant.

I generally assume the person with the highly opposite or opposing ideas are simply mis-informed, or un-educated.

Is that just me? :huh:

So people with differing opinions from yourself automatically means they are misinformed, uneducated, or/and ignorant???

Yes. At best.

We've all been uneducated or misinformed about a topic or many or even all of them in our lives at one point.

You wouldn't completely disagree with an idea/meme while assuming it's a great idea that's well thought out?

I think it's best to assume a friend with differing views is un-educated or misinformed on the subject and move along than try to actually use social media to talk about a political issue, especially at election time.

It's too divisive.

Most people who constantly post political things seem to be more so advertising and supporting their beliefs than open to discussions about them, in my experience. There are exceptions to that.

FilionWaitWhat.gif
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I really only delete people who haven't signed in for 30 days or more. I'd also delete people if they're blatantly offensive, but I haven't had that come up

Same here 30 days and they're gone.

I also delete for stupid cardio logging "SoAndSo burned 659 calories doing 45 minutes of cleaning or food preparation". Bwahahahaha! Gone!

I see one that is always showing aburn for "computing" what the hell is that??? I have asked multiple times and havent gotten an answer!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    How would I know? I never look at the friend list. If someone deactivated me I'd neither know nor care.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    With election season right around the corner... there will probably be plenty of deletions on here and FB.

...Oh.

I just assumed everyone who didn't agree with a persons political idea thought that person to be quite ignorant.

I generally assume the person with the highly opposite or opposing ideas are simply mis-informed, or un-educated.

So people with differing opinions from yourself automatically means they are misinformed, uneducated, or/and ignorant???

Yes. At best.

We've all been uneducated or misinformed about a topic or many or even all of them in our lives at one point.

You wouldn't completely disagree with an idea/meme while assuming it's a great idea that's well thought out?

I think it's best to assume a friend with differing views is un-educated or misinformed on the subject and move along than try to actually use social media to talk about a political issue, especially at election time.

It's too divisive.

Most people who constantly post political things seem to be more so advertising and supporting their beliefs than open to discussions about them, in my experience. There are exceptions to that.

You acknowledge the bolded point, but then fail to see that you could be the person guilty of that issue? Or even that politics are necessarily about right or wrong? I mean, obviously there are some arguably objective issues out there (say, civil rights issues), but in general, political leanings vary because people vary on what they want from their governments.
  • SofaKingRad_II
    Options
    Someone deleted me recently. I'm offended and hurt. And as soon as I find out who did it (because I don't know who it is...mostly because I don't care) I'm going to let them know I'm offended and hurt.

No one can delete me. My whole self esteem is founded on my MFP friend list :cry:
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    i honestly probably wouldnt notice. i have a long friends list and only about half of them are active enough for me to know who they are.... i am usually happy to talk with them but i havent had my friends list long enough to really know anyone.

some of them i would probably notice after a while.

when i delete people, it is usually because i can see we have nothing in common about our diets or personalities. i delete people who look like they have eating disorders they arent addressing and post about how little food they ate that day. i just dont want to be a part of that. i delete guys who send me crude messages and people who seem to be trying to sell something. i like my friends list to be full of fun people, who like food and want to have a better relationship with it, and who have goals similar to mine.
  • jennybinney1987
    jennybinney1987 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    im not gonna lie, it kinda makes me sad. I have this weird desire for everyone to like me. I just try to convince myself that they deactivated their account. I only delete ppl if they go a month with out logging. ur only aloud so many friends and I have 3 ppl that want to b my friend that I cant add cuz I have to many. so the ones that aint loggin I just delete
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I never notice if I've been removed and honestly don't really care. I usually clean up my list every 3 months or so ...usually just delete ppl who haven't logged on in a month.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Not offended. Not hurt.

If I thought that I really liked a friend then I will feel a little sad about losing the friendship. But, if it ends then it probably was more of a projection than a reality, and that clicks in pretty quickly.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    Do you get offended and hurt when .................

Doesn't matter how that question ends, the answer is always no.
    I second this.
  • Scots_Lenny
    Options
    I couldn't give a rats *kitten*...would be their loss to be honest!!
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

I also delete for stupid cardio logging "SoAndSo burned 659 calories doing 45 minutes of cleaning or food preparation". Bwahahahaha! Gone!

Have you ever seen the mess a 10 year old, 7 year old, and full grown man can make over the course of a weekend??????? It's like an atomic bomb got caught up in a hurricane, except in my home. I also have a big flight of stairs ... so yeah, I'm going to log my 5 or 6 hours of epic cleaning at the start of the week as like 90 minutes of cleaning. Good thing we're not friends! :bigsmile:
  • ASH2038602
    ASH2038602 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I doubt I would notice if someone deleted me on here. I usually dont even notice when I get deleted in FB and I actually know those people. I have deleted a couple people off of here just because they dont log in, and I like to keep my friends list at a manageable number. I have also deleted the girls that added me (not sure why) and support each other in eating 100-600 calories a day.
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options

Have you ever seen the mess a 10 year old, 7 year old, and full grown man can make over the course of a weekend??????? It's like an atomic bomb got caught up in a hurricane, except in my home. I also have a big flight of stairs ... so yeah, I'm going to log my 5 or 6 hours of epic cleaning at the start of the week as like 90 minutes of cleaning. Good thing we're not friends! :bigsmile:

she`s too picky. I am also glad I am not her friend either
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I really only delete people who haven't signed in for 30 days or more. I'd also delete people if they're blatantly offensive, but I haven't had that come up

Same here 30 days and they're gone.

I log cleaning sometimes. If I do a big, deep clean (usually once a month or so). I'm on my hands and knees scrubbing floors, wiping down walls, moving furniture, etc. It's not the simple sweep, mop, dust, vacuum that I do regularly, it's several hours of super sweaty work. It's not my daily routine, so of course I log it (on the low side).

I think if a person doesn't usually clean, or cook, it's not unreasonable to log it, as it's not part of their TDEE. Every day is maybe lame, but eh - the only one they are impacting is themselves.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

...Oh.

Yes. At best.

It's too divisive.

I have friends with vastly differing political views, and I do not think them ignorant. I do think their opinions on specific topics are ignorant or wrong (I'm sure they think the same of mine), but a persons political views do not define them.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

...Oh.

Yes. At best.

It's too divisive.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options

...Oh.

Yes. At best.

It's too divisive.

I have friends with vastly differing political views, and I do not think them ignorant. I do think their opinions on specific topics are ignorant or wrong (I'm sure they think the same of mine), but a persons political views do not define them.

^^ That's definitely what I mean.