What to eat when you have excess calories? Like over 600+

Options

Replies

• tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    IMO if your not hungry, I mean truly not hungry, why eat? Why do you feel the need to put into your mouth if your not hungry? I don't understand this. Didn't you get overweight by eating when you weren't hungry?

How do you know how somebody else got overweight? After looking through your last week's worth of diary entries, I personally wouldn't accept any dietary advice from you ... less than 700 total calories one day, a whole bag of Reese's another ... one extreme or another.

yep cause that's how I do things.......NOT......I don't usually eat with my emotions but last week I did. And my calorie intake is quite frankly non of your damn business and neither is what I eat. And what gives you the right to judge me? You don't know me. And your telling me that (I'm assuming you are or were overweight) that you didn't get that way by eating when you weren't hungry? I had a very emotional week last week and your going to judge me without knowing the why's or what's of it...SMDH. You should be ashamed of yourself for dipping in my business where you clearly have no reason to be. STFO of my personal space.

YOU put the information in the public domain. YOU chose to tell others how to eat. YOU made general statements that don't hold true. YOU made assumptions that are not true. Get as upset as YOU want, but directing that anger at me is misplaced. Look in a mirror and yell at the person you see there. They are the common denominator in all of this.

If YOU bothered to pay attention .. I didn't judge you. I simply stated that I would not take dietary advice from you. A wise decision based on your public diary and public admission that you "had a very emotional week" that somehow justifies an entire bag of Reese's (according to YOUR diary). Telling others what they should do when you don't do it yourself is hypocritical ... again, something you should discuss with the person you see in the mirror.

If truth makes you lash out and tell others to "STFO" (as though initials truly hide your profane intent) ... it is revealing.

I did NOT give dietary advice. I said why would anyone feel the need to force yourself to eat if you aren't hungry. I did not say don't do it. And yes I get upset when you judge me based on things you know nothing about. And didn't care to find out before you posted it. I also didn't give you any advice what so ever, you or the OP. And yes you were and still are judging me. I did eat that bag and at the time I enjoyed every bite of it, not so much after it was said and done. But it's whatever. And yes I did put the initials in to hide the profanity only because saying it outright would get me a nice little love note from the MODS. And revealing HOW? Because I curse and eat bags of Reece's I'm a bad person. You don't know crap about me and thankfully I don't have people like you on my friends list.
    The person I see in the mirror has lost over 200lbs in two years and I've very proud of her. She's worked her butt off getting to where she is today, she's not perfect and she sometimes fails at what she does, but she doesn't let it define her or her ability to get back up work even harder to get to where she wants to be. If she listened to people like you she may decide to not get back up because apparently she's not worth the effort because she had a bad day.
    My General Statement DOES hold true...Why eat if your not hungry?

Your general dietary statement does not hold true. You're telling people if they should or should not eat, then trying to pretend you didn't give dietary advice ... absolutely priceless. Intake is part of one's diet. Hunger is not a good indicator of meeting nutritional of caloric needs. It is driven by hormones, not caloric balance between intake and exertion.

Your earlier comment is revealing because it shows your inability to participate in adult discourse without resorting to profanity. Since I don't permit hypocrites as friends, I'd never have you on a list or as a friend in the real world.

Noting your behavior is not judging. Reacting negatively to somebody noting your behavior is self judgement on your part. Learn the difference.

ETA I noticed you closed your diary. Apparently honest assessment of the information you put into the public domain made you uncomfortable and find it necessary to hide your actions. Again ... rather revealing about you.

Again did NOT give advice, hidden or otherwise. I close my diary yes, because of people like you

Well

"IMO if your not hungry, I mean truly not hungry, why eat? Why do you feel the need to put into your mouth if your not hungry? I don't understand this. Didn't you get overweight by eating when you weren't hungry? "

Can be seen as advice not to eat when not hungry so...

Yeah you gave advice.

Nope was asking why is all. Just curious why people feel the need to eat when they aren't hungry.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    IMO if your not hungry, I mean truly not hungry, why eat? Why do you feel the need to put into your mouth if your not hungry? I don't understand this. Didn't you get overweight by eating when you weren't hungry?

How do you know how somebody else got overweight? After looking through your last week's worth of diary entries, I personally wouldn't accept any dietary advice from you ... less than 700 total calories one day, a whole bag of Reese's another ... one extreme or another.

yep cause that's how I do things.......NOT......I don't usually eat with my emotions but last week I did. And my calorie intake is quite frankly non of your damn business and neither is what I eat. And what gives you the right to judge me? You don't know me. And your telling me that (I'm assuming you are or were overweight) that you didn't get that way by eating when you weren't hungry? I had a very emotional week last week and your going to judge me without knowing the why's or what's of it...SMDH. You should be ashamed of yourself for dipping in my business where you clearly have no reason to be. STFO of my personal space.

YOU put the information in the public domain. YOU chose to tell others how to eat. YOU made general statements that don't hold true. YOU made assumptions that are not true. Get as upset as YOU want, but directing that anger at me is misplaced. Look in a mirror and yell at the person you see there. They are the common denominator in all of this.

If YOU bothered to pay attention .. I didn't judge you. I simply stated that I would not take dietary advice from you. A wise decision based on your public diary and public admission that you "had a very emotional week" that somehow justifies an entire bag of Reese's (according to YOUR diary). Telling others what they should do when you don't do it yourself is hypocritical ... again, something you should discuss with the person you see in the mirror.

If truth makes you lash out and tell others to "STFO" (as though initials truly hide your profane intent) ... it is revealing.

I did NOT give dietary advice. I said why would anyone feel the need to force yourself to eat if you aren't hungry. I did not say don't do it. And yes I get upset when you judge me based on things you know nothing about. And didn't care to find out before you posted it. I also didn't give you any advice what so ever, you or the OP. And yes you were and still are judging me. I did eat that bag and at the time I enjoyed every bite of it, not so much after it was said and done. But it's whatever. And yes I did put the initials in to hide the profanity only because saying it outright would get me a nice little love note from the MODS. And revealing HOW? Because I curse and eat bags of Reece's I'm a bad person. You don't know crap about me and thankfully I don't have people like you on my friends list.
    The person I see in the mirror has lost over 200lbs in two years and I've very proud of her. She's worked her butt off getting to where she is today, she's not perfect and she sometimes fails at what she does, but she doesn't let it define her or her ability to get back up work even harder to get to where she wants to be. If she listened to people like you she may decide to not get back up because apparently she's not worth the effort because she had a bad day.

Your general dietary statement does not hold true. You're telling people if they should or should not eat, then trying to pretend you didn't give dietary advice ... absolutely priceless. Intake is part of one's diet. Hunger is not a good indicator of meeting nutritional of caloric needs. It is driven by hormones, not caloric balance between intake and exertion.

Your earlier comment is revealing because it shows your inability to participate in adult discourse without resorting to profanity. Since I don't permit hypocrites as friends, I'd never have you on a list or as a friend in the real world.

Noting your behavior is not judging. Reacting negatively to somebody noting your behavior is self judgement on your part. Learn the difference.

ETA I noticed you closed your diary. Apparently honest assessment of the information you put into the public domain made you uncomfortable and find it necessary to hide your actions. Again ... rather revealing about you.

Again did NOT give advice, hidden or otherwise. I close my diary yes, because of people like you

Telling a person to eat or not is giving advice. The fact you cannot recognize that is frightening.

I'm not the one who vacillated between eating under 800 calories and entire bags of candy from day to day over the past week ... you are. If somebody noticing it causes you such issues, then don't do it. Getting mad at the person who notes your behavior does not change who engaged in the behavior.

"binge(verb): to eat, drink, etc., too much in a short period of time : to go on a binge" - courtesy of Merriam-Webster. I agree with Iron_Feline, your behaviors over the past week were textbook binge eating. Bury your head in the sand, claim you don't or didn't do that. Your actions scream volumes that your posts cannot alter.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

Well

"IMO if your not hungry, I mean truly not hungry, why eat? Why do you feel the need to put into your mouth if your not hungry? I don't understand this. Didn't you get overweight by eating when you weren't hungry? "

Yeah you gave advice.

Nope was asking why is all. Just curious why people feel the need to eat when they aren't hungry.

It was advice - if you don't see it well - nothing I can do.

And as I said earlier - Anorexics don't feel hungry, hunger has NOTHING to do with how much food you actually need.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    <snip>

Well

Yeah you gave advice.

Not to jump on you, but I have to agree, you're basically giving advice not to eat if he's not hungry. Also, you can't make assumptions about why someone became overweight. As long as he's within his calorie goal for the day, hungry or not, it doesn't matter. He still needs proper nutrition.
  • MrsWashington82
    MrsWashington82 Posts: 50 Member
    Options

I thought this was a support group??? You need to keep calm. Let all try to be a little more positive.
  • dsm1991
    dsm1991 Posts: 156
    Options
    pb
  • occultllama
    occultllama Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Avocado, banana, quinoa, nut butters (or just nuts in general), mangoes, granola (obviously not the stuff packed with sugar), corn, and salmon. To name a few things you could add into your diet as snacks or parts of a meal which are not inherently unhealthy. If I were you I would switch out the lower calorie items in your meals to some higher calorie options so you don't feel like you are having a huge binge at the end of the day.
  • tmauck4472
    Options
    <snip>

Well

Yeah you gave advice.

Not to jump on you, but I have to agree, you're basically giving advice not to eat if he's not hungry. Also, you can't make assumptions about why someone became overweight. As long as he's within his calorie goal for the day, hungry or not, it doesn't matter. He still needs proper nutrition.

I disagree, eat if your hungry don't eat if your not. If he is consistently adding to his diary thru out the day then he should know if he's going to come in under and eat accordingly the next meal. Add in the higher calorie count stuff to get his counts up. But I'm NOT going to eat just because I'm under calories. And honestly I was just asking WHY people feel the need to eat just because they come in under calories one or two days. It really isn't going to harm you to under eat a day or two a week, as long as your getting what you need the rest of the week. I'm just trying to understand why people feel the need to overeat. If your still hungry and you've got no extra calories I suggest you eat. You don't have to eat a bag of reece cups but you should at least drink some water and if in 30 minutes your still hungry then grab something healthy and eat it. I admit to not eating as well now as I used to when I first started but right now I'm being pulled in 30 different ways but I'm doing what I can the best that I can. With the exception of a bad day last week (as far as that bag of reece cups go) if I want something I usually fit it into my day and enjoy it. The one day I was low, I was on the road and ate that evening to get in my protein because I knew I needed it. 3 egg omelet with ham and cheese, grits and toast. I was full after that and did not feel the need to eat more just because I was low, not to mention I was in a hotel room and was tired from driving all day and just wanted to sleep. This is why I was so angry. No need to judge what you see on someone's diary because you don't know what happened that day to cause them to eat low or even overeat. Or even two days in the week and some cases even longer. They may have the flu or something and can't eat. But you don't know that and to jump in and judge them and make that assumption is wrong. I used to get mad when people would say that I was fat because I over ate, I'm like I do NOT over eat, but reality is yes I did. I may not have at that sitting but I did overeat. So I maybe should have said it differently about the overeating, but I think it still holds true.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    chocolate ****ing cake.
  • squeepig
    squeepig Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Looks like a lot of people are eating either crow or their feet.
  • CrunchyDad
    CrunchyDad Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with having a little larger deficit once in a while, especially if it's from exercise. If it's every day, or if you are truly eating too few calories too often, then I'd just snack on whatever sounds good those days :o

Personally I feel pretty good ending a day with a 600 cal deficit once in a while, but that still leaves me with around 1400 eaten, so not too few.

Seriously?

Do you do nothing all day because as a 5"2 woman I need more than that when I do nothing all day, and that is to lose weigh.

NOTHING ALL DAY.

It's like I said, not every day, but once in a while a larger deficit shouldn't be a problem. My average daily is 1800-2200, trying to lose weight. These are the goals MFP set for me and it's working.

And yes, I do nothing right now. I have a desk job and 2 kids under 2 at home. 30 minute walks a few times a week are about it, if we're lucky.
  • ASH2038602
    ASH2038602 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    When I am really low on calories or not feeling particularly hungry I try to add higher calorie foods like avocado, sweet potato, and black beans. Hummus with veggies gives a little boost too, if you like the stuff.
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    A whole cake. Or pint of ice cream.
  • Ump78
    Ump78 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I love milk. I mean LOVE it. So, when I have extra calories and just need to fill the gap, I drink milk.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Learn to listen to your body. You say you are at 600+ on calories and never hungry......Don't Eat ! Never feel obligated to eat.

My body is pretty much useless to tell me if I've met my nutrient needs or not. I've been trying to gain weight and bulk for like 6 months and I found my maintenance at 5'3.5" 120 lbs at 2350.... if I "listened to my body", I'd probably be losing weight right now. Just saying.

Put some peanut butter IN the ice cream with some oatmeal on top... is that weird because sometimes I do that?
  • tmauck4472
    Options
    <snip>

Well

Yeah you gave advice.

I disagree, eat if your hungry don't eat if your not. If he is consistently adding to his diary thru out the day then he should know if he's going to come in under and eat accordingly the next meal. Add in the higher calorie count stuff to get his counts up. But I'm NOT going to eat just because I'm under calories. And honestly I was just asking WHY people feel the need to eat just because they come in under calories one or two days. It really isn't going to harm you to under eat a day or two a week, as long as your getting what you need the rest of the week. I'm just trying to understand why people feel the need to overeat. If your still hungry and you've got no extra calories I suggest you eat. You don't have to eat a bag of reece cups but you should at least drink some water and if in 30 minutes your still hungry then grab something healthy and eat it. I admit to not eating as well now as I used to when I first started but right now I'm being pulled in 30 different ways but I'm doing what I can the best that I can. With the exception of a bad day last week (as far as that bag of reece cups go) if I want something I usually fit it into my day and enjoy it. The one day I was low, I was on the road and ate that evening to get in my protein because I knew I needed it. 3 egg omelet with ham and cheese, grits and toast. I was full after that and did not feel the need to eat more just because I was low, not to mention I was in a hotel room and was tired from driving all day and just wanted to sleep. This is why I was so angry. No need to judge what you see on someone's diary because you don't know what happened that day to cause them to eat low or even overeat. Or even two days in the week and some cases even longer. They may have the flu or something and can't eat. But you don't know that and to jump in and judge them and make that assumption is wrong. I used to get mad when people would say that I was fat because I over ate, I'm like I do NOT over eat, but reality is yes I did. I may not have at that sitting but I did overeat. So I maybe should have said it differently about the overeating, but I think it still holds true.
    Where are the paragraphs????

Please!!! I believe that is against forum rules.
  • tmauck4472
    Options

Telling a person to eat or not is giving advice. The fact you cannot recognize that is frightening.

I'm not the one who vacillated between eating under 800 calories and entire bags of candy from day to day over the past week ... you are. If somebody noticing it causes you such issues, then don't do it. Getting mad at the person who notes your behavior does not change who engaged in the behavior.

"binge(verb): to eat, drink, etc., too much in a short period of time : to go on a binge" - courtesy of Merriam-Webster. I agree with Iron_Feline, your behaviors over the past week were textbook binge eating. Bury your head in the sand, claim you don't or didn't do that. Your actions scream volumes that your posts cannot alter.

SMDH again where do you people come from?
  • stephb130181
    stephb130181 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    <snip>

Well

Yeah you gave advice.

Where are the paragraphs????

Does it really matter if there is paragraphs or not?! Crikey!
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with having a little larger deficit once in a while, especially if it's from exercise. If it's every day, or if you are truly eating too few calories too often, then I'd just snack on whatever sounds good those days :o

Personally I feel pretty good ending a day with a 600 cal deficit once in a while, but that still leaves me with around 1400 eaten, so not too few.

????????????Excellent Advice, let the extra calories remain since you have stated that you have had a few days of no exercise or fitness , you already have eaten good meals and the major thing is you're not even hungry. ????????????

Good Luck on losing that last 18 pounds!
This discussion has been closed.