Replies

• Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Pretty much everything at McDonalds is unhealthy
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    LOL why would anyone be stupid enough to eat that - especially from McDonalds...!
  • BecciL
    BecciL Posts: 49
    Options
    LOL why would anyone be stupid enough to eat that - especially from McDonalds...!
    YOU would be surprised !! lol
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten at McD's since I was a kid. There is nothing there for a vegetarian. They flash fry their french fries in lard (blech)....and nothing is healthy.
  • LWatson43
    LWatson43 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the information I was going to try it, I have never had oatmeal before and thought this may be my first step out because of how good it look and how it sound but I think not now that I have look at the infomation you posted.
  • mnheather
    mnheather Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You just have to put McDonald's in front of any food and you know it isn't going to be good for you. LOL Yes, they can even make oatmeal unhealthy. :laugh:
  • eteter2
    Options
    they get sucked in by the apples and think "what a great idea", this must be good for me.
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    The sugar is from the cranberry/raisin blend and the brown sugar...u can get it without these things.

http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutritionexchange/itemDetailInfo.do?itemID=1500
  • JRRCLR
    JRRCLR Posts: 353
    Options
    Is it a package of instant oatmeal with some fruit or is it "real" stuff? I can't imagine it's real but I know there's no way I would pay the price they'd want for it if it was instant.
    BUT...makes me wonder, what's your favorite oatmeal flavor/toppings?
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    IT'S NOT THAT BAD!! Read the actual source from McDonalds...and for fast food...not that bad.
    It's only 18 g without the brown sugar added. 0 Trans fat for both, 5 grams of fiber, and 290 calories with brown sugar, and 260 without.
    Sodium, 160 with brown sugar, and 115 without.
    http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutritionexchange/nutritionfacts.pdf

Always better to make your own at home...but if your in a hurry or bind, this isn't that bad.

It's always good to get the info directly from the source.
  • newjmf
    newjmf Posts: 78
    Options
    I wanted to post this SAME topic just a few days ago...not sure why I didn't! This is just ridiculous! You can get it without the brown sugar to reduce the sugar amount. BUT, I am waaaaay too frugal to pay $2-something for a bowl of oatmeal when I can get 102 servings at Sam's Club (wholesale club) for $6.98, which equates to $0.07 per serving!!!!! I add fresh blueberries or strawberries to mine.

Nothing at a fast food place is good for you...even if it's low in calories...most of it is high in sugar or the sodium is over the top!

Thanks for posting this public service announcement, LOL! ;)
  • dancinggirl81
    dancinggirl81 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    BLAH! McDonald's Red and Yellow = YEILD, STOP!
  • jenX1174
    jenX1174 Posts: 154
    Options
    I don't even think it tastes that great. My friend got one for me to try.....bleh! :sick:

I'd rather make my own....and I do! :wink:
  • MmhmmStephanie
    Options
    BLAH! McDonald's Red and Yellow = YEILD, STOP!

lol
  • bangarangbree
    Options
    Too bad! It looked so yummy! They have sugar in everything...that's why you crave it. Your body is addicted to the sugar. Sneaky sneaky, McDonalds...
  • sabrinalg
    sabrinalg Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I tried it one time and one time only. I'd rather make my own. I know exactly what's going in it and it's healthier not to mention it taste better. Just stocked up on my craisins and sliced almonds, walnuts, and cinnamon for this week!!
  • misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I will play the bad guy for a second...there are many things on thier 'convinient' menu that are much worse for you. So if I am in a hurry and need something quick, the oatmeal is better for me than a sausage mcmuffin with egg which is unfortunately one of the breakfast items that I LOVE, and if completely honest miss terribly. :sad: I know there are better alternatives out there but am thankful that McD's has a healthier option if that's what I have to do.
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I agree...for a fast food place...That's pretty good. Check out
    http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutritionexchange/nutritionfacts.pdf....
    And see for yourself. Don't just take what everyone tells you to believe.
  • Pril2000
    Pril2000 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Kashi Very Vanilla oatmeal is SO good and it's only 1.5 min in the microwave. Beat that!
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    IT'S NOT THAT BAD!! Read the actual source from McDonalds...and for fast food...not that bad.
    It's only 18 g without the brown sugar added. 0 Trans fat for both, 5 grams of fiber, and 290 calories with brown sugar, and 260 without.
    Sodium, 160 with brown sugar, and 115 without.
    http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutritionexchange/nutritionfacts.pdf

Always better to make your own at home...but if your in a hurry or bind, this isn't that bad.

It's always good to get the info directly from the source.

Thank you...that is why I posted the website as well...I definitely appreciate the fact that they are trying to provide something that isn't loaded with cheese and pork..that you can get in a drive thru. Now of course it is a good idea to make your own if you have the time..but I know if I didn't have time, I would definitely rather eat that than a sausage mcmuffin or a mcgriddle or whatever else they sell for breakfast. LOL