1200 cal/day girls! Let's share our diaries!

Options

Replies

• Goodbye_Hello
    Options
    Anyone can add me, need all the support i can get (and am willing to give some in return). Thanks :)
  • jbush0806
    Options
    I'd love some support too! I'm in the 1200 calorie range :)
  • Tao56
    Tao56 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'd sure love some inspiration, I'm in the 1200 calorie range and trying to be able to run 5k in 30 mins ( I have a long way to go to reach my goal,) :smile:
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Not to be a mood killer, but the reason you "can't control" your snacking is because 1200 calories isn't nearly enough for you. At your height and weight, you could eat 1460 calories per day and lose a pound a week - and that's if you don't exercise. If you do some exercise, you could bump that up to 1650 and still lose a pound a week. If you work out a lot, it would be even more.

^ Exactly this. If you're working out, you need energy to fuel your body and eating so little won't be able to do that for you and may even have the opposite results you are hoping to achieve.
  • soliver138
    soliver138 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and I've lost about 20lbs. Looking to lose another 20-30 lbs. Goal is 1200 /day. I have been doing terrible lately but will be getting back on track. Feel free to add me. I need the motivation! :)
  • honey_127
    Options
    Everyone feel free to add me as well! I'm trying to stay between 1200 and 1600 (closer to 1200 hopefully :P)
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    ive just come back and started 1200 and mostly plant based!
    adds welcome :D
  • aps81
    aps81 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I shoot for 1200 a day, but use that more as a guideline and eat more when I train/exercise more. I tend to eat the same things to keep me in the "safe" zone and am always on the lookout for meal ideas that are low in calorie, but lean towards the natural/paleo side. Note that I am not perfect either and am easily tempted when outside of the home :/
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I'd be starving if I did this. 1700 calories/day. And I'm getting into great shape.
  • dw4378
    dw4378 Posts: 35
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me. I need all the help I can get to get the whole calorie/balance thing. All help is welcome and appreciated.
  • heinin
    heinin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! 1200kcal per day, 1590kcal BMR.
  • MadameButterfly66
    MadameButterfly66 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am so with you, down to the last seven pounds, need it gone before my high school reunion in October, also doing 1200 cals a day and I am into my third week of Chris Powells carb cycling program -great results so far, we could both help one another out - add me if you like :))
  • drou1408
    Options
    My goal is 1200 cal also, except when I work out I add 200 cal more, depending on the work out. I'm 5'6 and my goal is to lose 30 pounds. Add me I share my journal with my friends :) this goal is new from yesterday and I haven't been tracking my cal for a while now! Glad to be back though :)
  • xenl
    xenl Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! 1200kcal per day, 1590kcal BMR.

I really don't think it's healthy to eat under your BMR. That's how many calories your body needs just to function every day.
  • xenl
    xenl Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'd be starving if I did this. 1700 calories/day. And I'm getting into great shape.

Same. I tried doing the 1200 calories net a day but it was not sustainable. Now, I aim for 1700 net although I don't care if I'm over by 200.

I really wish some of the "enthusiastic" people in this thread would take the time to calculate their BMR and use that as the baseline.
  • beckyhaa
    beckyhaa Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just am recommitting after about a month "off," I originally was going for 1200 calories but now just bumped it up to 1410, with eating back workout calories. I was just too hungry all the time otherwise. But, everyone is different with your own metabolism!
    Feel free to add me, I could use some new active friends!
  • shouldice9
    shouldice9 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Would love to share 1200 to 1400 cal/day diary.
  • reader2908
    reader2908 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am trying to do a 1200 Net calorie. Like today I ate something i shouldnt have... and tried to compensate an extra hour of high impact Zumba. Made me feel better about both eating and exercising :smile:
  • Muffie22
    Muffie22 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Not to be a mood killer, but the reason you "can't control" your snacking is because 1200 calories isn't nearly enough for you. At your height and weight, you could eat 1460 calories per day and lose a pound a week - and that's if you don't exercise. If you do some exercise, you could bump that up to 1650 and still lose a pound a week. If you work out a lot, it would be even more.

This. also something that seems to come up every time someone's following a 1200 calorie diet is guilt. like 'ooh i ate something i shouldn't have now i need to reduce my intake to 800 calories and run a marathon tomorrow :(' or people saying that they keep binging and they don't know why (hint: it's because you're depriving your body). I'm 5'2 and 110lbs and i'm losing weight eating between 1400 and 2000+ calories a day.... when i tried to do 1200 calories back when i started losing weight i would get dizzy and start blacking out every time i stood up, and then i had my blood sugar taken and get yelled at to eat some chocolate pronto cos it was super low (not diabetic, just wasn't eating anywhere near enough). So yeah if you're gonna follow a 1200 calorie diet i strongly recommend getting a doctors approval first....
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,034 Member
    Options

This. also something that seems to come up every time someone's following a 1200 calorie diet is guilt. like 'ooh i ate something i shouldn't have now i need to reduce my intake to 800 calories and run a marathon tomorrow :(' or people saying that they keep binging and they don't know why (hint: it's because you're depriving your body). I'm 5'2 and 110lbs and i'm losing weight eating between 1400 and 2000+ calories a day.... when i tried to do 1200 calories back when i started losing weight i would get dizzy and start blacking out every time i stood up, and then i had my blood sugar taken and get yelled at to eat some chocolate pronto cos it was super low (not diabetic, just wasn't eating anywhere near enough). So yeah if you're gonna follow a 1200 calorie diet i strongly recommend getting a doctors approval first....

Yes, you are 110lb and 5'2" - you are also 24 years old.
    1200 may well be too little for you - but for somebody 2 in shorter and 30 years older, it may be just fine.

So,getting a doctor's approval first is a bit over the top.

I do agree that people should make sure they have correctly entered all stats into MFP or whichever calculator they are using though.
    Im sure most people get their age, starting weight and height correct - but dont put sedentary unless you really are sedentary and don't put 2lb/week if 0.5 lb is the realistic rate.

If you have put all the stats in correctly and you get the figure of 1200 (which almost certainly means you are an older, shorter, not so active woman) then sure, compare diaries etc as OP is requesting.
    If not, then this thread is not for you.