What's your most recent NSV?

Options

Replies

• lilianhill
    lilianhill Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've been altering some favorite clothes to make them smaller because they were too baggy to wear. (I've bought some clothes, too, size 10 instead of 12 or 14.). I am going to enjoy wearing these favorites and look better in them, too. Several people have noticed I've lost weight and I'm happy to say, yes, I've lost 20 pounds.
  • sphkhn
    sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I jogged a mile under 10 min yesterday! And for the first time in my life I haven't gotten awful heat rash from thigh rubbage.
  • rosiemaji
    rosiemaji Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yipee! I met my goal of 7% weight loss today. Today was the last class for my Diabetes Prevention class of 16 weeks. I have lowered my risk of becoming a type 2 diabetic by 30% because of this. I was so worried that I would not make goal that I worked out for 1.5 hours at the gym before class - 1 hour on the NUStep with HIIT and 30 minutes of weight lifting. I was actually 1.6 lbs under my goal. My reward? - a $50 Publix gift card and I didn't expect that. Then my husband took me to Applebee's for Chicken Freshcado (from their Have It All Menu) and a huge house salad to celebrate. It all fit in my food diary because I ate a light breakfast.
  • kristinhowell
    kristinhowell Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Fit into a pair of size 20 jeans - was in a tight 24 three months ago.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Stairs are a lot easier!

^this.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I noticed in a photo several days ago that I have ABS!!!!

94dd779622f9e99e4e716e28a4b146aa5c9b.jpg
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    My NSV today is kind of lame, but I'm still pleased with it. My husband and I both had calories left after dinner for a small treat but he wanted to go to this fancy bakery place downtown and get a cookie. I knew I didn't really have enough calories to feel great about that, so with the weather being too hot to walk there (2-3 miles) I suggested we go to the mall and we did about 45 minutes of brisk walking there (yeah I know, mallwalkers). Then when we got to the bakery I saw all of the insane huge cupcakes with 5 different toppings & fillings, and I didn't even want one of those. I had a peanut butter cookie with what seemed to be Rolo candy inside. Still a major treat but I had enough calories for it, roughly, and I didn't feel even slightly jealous of the people eating the giant cupcakes with frosting 4" tall on top. I realize my tastes truly have changed a bit...I still love sweets & baked goods, and enjoy them...but that would just be too much of a good thing for me now, and for maybe the first time I realized I would RATHER have the cookie. Also, we came home and put our cookies on plates and made some hazelnut tea to enjoy them with...rather than getting coffee or milk there, and gulping it all down in a rush.

i like this. something my hubs and I would do.
  • chickwithpencil
    chickwithpencil Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I can run farther now than I could three months ago when I started.

I'm starting to build back muscle in my legs that I've not seen since I was a figure skater at age 10.

I've built up enough muscle in my arms through weights and archery that I don't hate myself in a tank top now (I'm also starting to get the hang of aiming my bow - traditional one, so no sight - which has made me very happy.)

I'm not having to wear mens t-shirts as much now. I fit much better into clothes I actually like than I did before. :)
  • 123stefania
    123stefania Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I always had a little ball of fat behind my knee , I will squiz it to remember of my weight loss
    and now its gone!!!!! woot woot!:happy:
  • 4wesome
    4wesome Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I can cross my legs. And they aren't slipping apart; resting in place.
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    95 squats today-just body weight - 30 day challenge I do with a friend at work - will complete next Thursday-started with 10 and add 5 a day but hey I have not done any sort of "squat" in 15 years-so glad I did not give up-next challenge "plank" gosh I always wanted to hold a plank for longer than 10 seconds!!!
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    i did not go back for seconds at a family potluck.....I always pig out at those things, but not this time! :smile:
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,154 Member
    Options
    Mine's a little weird - I can see and feel veins on my forearms. I've noticed my arms getting smaller and recently noticed that I can see veins now. I'm a nurse so this makes me happy :happy: It's hard to do IVs when you can't see or feel anything. It usually takes two sticks for me just to get blood drawn at the doctor's office. It's just nice to know someone could get an IV in me without too much trouble.
  • Rosie5151
    Rosie5151 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Crossing my legs in a regular chair! Trying on clothes picking out 28-30's and realizing I'm not that anymore! Size 18 pants? amazing. Clipping my toenails with out bending awkwardly.. sounds silly but the truth! So many more.. I can't wait to get the rest of the weight off !
  • Tora32
    Tora32 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've got a couple. One was, after taking a short hiatus from yoga (was attempting to focus more on bodyweight and finally realized that yoga's easier to stick to for now), I came back to it a month later and some of the poses were suddenly a lot easier! I'm still a total newbie at it, but now I can do stuff like raise my leg during downward dog and similar variations while before, simply holding downward dog for a while was pushing myself enough.

Another was talking to my dad about certain medical things that had popped up, and he commented on how much better I was looking (he was a bit surprised at how much I'd lost, but also commented that it showed, yay).

Oh yeah, I also realized just how loose my pants really are when I started storing more work equipment in my pockets/waistband recently. Finally broke down and spent the money on a new pair two sizes down.
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Mine was I've tried to complete 30 DS for over a year and finally I finished all 30 Days! I also finished my squats the 30 Day Challenge for me that is big!!!!! I also have worked out BOTH at the gym and at home that's new for me.
  • dmlove128
    dmlove128 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    before going on vacation I tried on a tan (jean like) skirt that I bought at old navy a while ago..I really wanted to wear it so I tried it on, and to my surprised it fit PERFECTLY! A size 6....I still am super happy about that!!!!!
  • gretlarson
    gretlarson Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Went to Wal-Mart and took my Blood pressure on the machine in the pharmacy area. It was 121/87. That is the closest I have been to "normal" in probably 6 years.
  • sorryimleaving
    sorryimleaving Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I rode 40 miles on my road bike for the first time ever!
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Some threads get kind of tedious and repetitive after the first few posts. This one is great to read all the way through.

I jogged up two flights of stairs without stopping and without injuring myself (I have several chronic joint injuries so it's a risk to do anything like that.).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!