21st Birthday Cake & Dinner Suggestions

Options
124»

Replies

• pixelatedsun
    pixelatedsun Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I've done this before: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=780786

Cut a box of brownie mix with a big ol' can of pumpkin!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    If I remember there was tequila, beer, more tequila... chocolate cake... and more tequila...

I remember going to a bar...beyond that, things are a bit murky.
  • mamaoftwins9197
    mamaoftwins9197 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    So, here's your "cake"

e0d0485329094743ed597925511150f6.jpg

(a friend of mine actually made this for another friend and it was pretty good, and kind of funny)

Loving this idea!

This is an abomination
    It's only good if you stick your liquor bottle into the side of the watermelon and let it drain before cutting it open.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

GTFO.

Have a really good cake and lots of it. have a lot of drinks.

Recover the next two days and get back on track.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    I'm not gonna tell you to get tanked (I'm not much for drinking myself) and I'm not gonna tell you to eat a real cake (Even though you should. At least get a cupcake.) but I am going to tell you that chocolate black bean brownies taste like crap. They look fine and the texture is fine but they taste awful. Awful.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    ITT I learned I did it wrong.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    :( I'm just sad but if that's what you want to do.......
    My daughter (who is also on MFP) will be 21 tomorrow. We are definitely splurging on whatever looks good! We will be at Disneyland for 3 days. Yeah, probably strange for most people BUT there will be lots of alcohol. lol....

Disney is an excellent venue for drinking.
  • longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    My daughter (who is also on MFP) will be 21 tomorrow. We are definitely splurging on whatever looks good! We will be at Disneyland for 3 days. Yeah, probably strange for most people BUT there will be lots of alcohol. lol....

Well, the disney parks except for magic kingdom, which is dry in Anaheim and Orlando. At all other disney parks, a secret i learned, is a double is only between $1-$2 more depending on stand, and at $6-$8 for a single, the deal can't be beat!
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options

Well, the disney parks except for magic kingdom, which is dry in Anaheim and Orlando. At all other disney parks, a secret i learned, is a double is only between $1-$2 more depending on stand, and at $6-$8 for a single, the deal can't be beat!

Just so you know - you can drink at California Adventure and at Club 33 in Disneyland - but you need to know someone who can get you in.
  • s_pekz
    s_pekz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Or you can sneak in a flask old school style. Im pretty sure my 21st involved a flask of some sort. DOnt remember much of it to be honest haha
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    So I'm confused

Op are you actually gluten free - or is that just something you think is healthy?

Oh and if you hit the quote button we know who you are talking to
  • z_bra
    z_bra Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    we have the same birthday (not turning 21 this year tho..)
  • Catter_05
    Catter_05 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    My birthday is this coming weekend and my husband was very sad because I am low carb and low sugar on Dr's orders. I am
    planning on having this cake - http://www.cutthewheat.com/2014/03/german-chocolate-cupcakes.html with a cream cheese frosting.
    (Cream cheese, butter, and Swerve) that being said I am splurging a little. It's not exactly a healthy choice ;). I'll let you know if it's yummy or not.

Honestly, the only reason I am even bothered by it at all is that he was so bummed about it. I don't blame you at all. I cannot have chips, pretzels, or other stuff like that.

It was yummy! It wasn't exactly low cal, but it worked for my restrictions and I stayed within my calories, so that's all I was worried about :). My husband and son both liked it my husband even had seconds. I think it came out to 264 calories for the cake. I used different frosting and logged it separately.

That being said, it was good if you like coconut. This cake has a lot of coconut in it.
  • lozzyhunxx
    lozzyhunxx Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    So, here's your "cake"

e0d0485329094743ed597925511150f6.jpg

(a friend of mine actually made this for another friend and it was pretty good, and kind of funny)

This looks incredible! :love:
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    OP, Happy Birthday. Enjoy your day and your new healthy lifestyle.

I find it interesting that so many people are passionate about cake. It's just a cake. I don't see how having or not having a piece of cake is an any way going to diminish somebody's ability to enjoy a celebration. Perhaps the focus should be on the occasion and not the cake.

• gabrielleelliott90
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with eating whatever you want on your birthday. It is your birthday don't be strict.
  • Maitria
    Maitria Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    A 21st birthday is no time to take chances. If you aren't used to eating this way, begin reading some reviews and sample some nearby restaurants. Have someone else make it.

After that, you can try making your own food. :wink:

I like ChocolateCoveredKatie.com and OhSheGlows.com
  • Jemellc
    Jemellc Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys ^^

I believe I am going with an edible arrangement! :love: :happy: :tongue:
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    happy early birthday, if you like chocalate cake, you HAVE to try this, It may sound weird, but I made this for office and people could not tell it was not chocalate cake, it was so moist and tasty:

Decadent Chocolate Cake

(makes 1 – 9 inch cake)

Ingredients:
    1-15 ounce can of unseasoned black beans
    5 large organic eggs
    1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
    1/2 teaspoon sea salt
    6 tablespoons unsalted organic butter OR extra virgin coconut oil
    3/4 cup xyliol plus 1/2 teaspoon liquid pure stevia extract
    6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
    1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1 tablespoon filtered water

Preparation:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. grease a 9″ cake pan with coconut oil or a thin layer of butter. Dust cocoa all over the inside of the pan, tapping to evenly distribute. Cut a round of parchment paper and line the bottom of the pan (put a couple drops of oil so that is doesn’t curl, then grease the top of the parchment lightly.

Drain and rinse beans and shake off excess water. Place the beans, 3 of the eggs, vanilla, stevia and salt into blender. Blend on high until beans are completely liquefied. Make sure there are no chunks. Mix together cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder in a small bowl. In a larger bowl, beat butter with xylitol until light and fluffy. Add the remaining two eggs, beating for one minute after each addition. Pour bean batter into egg mixture and mix. Finally, stir in cocoa powder and water and beat the batter on high for one minute or until smooth. Scrape batter into pan and smooth the top.

Bake for 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Cake is done with the top is rounded and firm to the touch. After 10 minutes, turn out cake from pan, and flip over again on to a cooling rack. Let cool until cake reaches room temperature, then cover with an overturned bowl. (Frost immediately before serving)
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Oops.. this sounds really good !. I use Liquid Stevia,& everything else here,but I've never heard of xyliol.. Is it readily available?
    :flowerforyou: