What's your most recent NSV?

Options

Replies

• Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Increased my weekend walk from 5 miles per day to 6 miles per day. By the time I go back to work on Tuesday morning I will have walked 18 miles. Feeling pretty good about that.
  • czechwolf52
    czechwolf52 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I went to a fitness class at my school, all by myself.

I'm rather shy in new situations, and I've never really been to a fitness class before. I went to a small bootcamp session with my dad, but there was only two other people. So going by myself was something I was VERY uncomfortable doing. I'm glad I went, I really enjoyed the class and I'm going to go there for the rest of the semester.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    My latest NSV… was at the gym. One of the regulars… one of those super fit and built guys… came up to me and gave me "props for the motivation" and said how he respected my dedication and efforts. He could probably lift with his pinky finger what I struggle to bench… and he probably does more on his rest days than I bust my *kitten* to do at the gym… But that he recognized that I am busting my *kitten*, and he respected that… it totally made my day.
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    At church today someone asked me if I run because she noted how defined my calf muscles were.......
    "Why yes," I answered,....."Yes I am!"
  • lunalee84
    lunalee84 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I realised I had a Lindt Gold bunny opened in my pantry... which has been there for over a month and I haven't finished half of it yet (a few moths ago it would have been gone in one day). :)
  • jenny24012014
    jenny24012014 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I graduated from a large belt to a medium :)
  • brayman1701
    brayman1701 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I was a bit reluctant to do a weights workout as I thought I'd hate it, but I'm on week 2 of stronglifts 5x5 now and so far I'm loving it.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I went to Target yesterday and bought a size-small dress on clearance. It tried it on today (I also tried it on yesterday, but it was a little snug because of dinner bloat), and it fit perfectly. I never remember being in a size small! :drinker:

Edit: And I just found out that it is a junior's small! *happydance*
  • Theotherkels
    Options
    My "way too tight" jeans are now my "hey these are getting kinda loose" jeans :)
  • searsvls
    searsvls Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I just did a Group Kick class for the first time in over a year! I used to teach it but had a setback last year and haven't wrapped my hands since then. I put a DVD in and finished. Yay! I will be sore tomorrow but I am so proud that I got back in the ring.
  • Targetx130
    Targetx130 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Being able to do more and lower girlie push ups :smile:
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Went snorkeling yesterday for scallops. Compared to a year ago and 60 pounds heavier, it was easier to climb the ladder to get back in the boat and also to dive for the scallops! The extra fat last year kept me more "buoyant" - harder to dive and stay down!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,009 Member
    Options
    The instructor of the ballet class at my gym (I never took ballet before joining this gym last year, but I keep looking for new, fun physical activities, and I'm really enjoying it -- I took my first Zumba class last week) said that my legs have a "better shape." (Of course, I think she thinks ballet should get all the credit, but I suspect walking, running, lifting, and yoga have helped, too.)

And I did three sets of five regular (not modified from the knee) push-ups yesterday. Years ago (when I weighed about 10 or 15 lbs less than I do now) I could do about 15 of the regular ones, but last year (when I weighed about 40 pounds more than I do now) I could only do one. Next session, I'm going for six push-ups!
  • bradsbaby1996
    bradsbaby1996 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I ran a mile without stopping!! 11 months ago I couldn't run 5 seconds at a time.. The next day I ran a mile again without stopping and shaved 2 minutes off my time from the day before!!
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Lets see today I moved boxes from the basement to the 1st floor without stopping( several boxes plus used a dolly for the super heavy ones). That was about an hour then I went out and mowed the lawn! I would never had the energy for all that before!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    425# deadlift.
  • devotedhufflepuff
    Options
    I can cross my legs again! Feels good!
  • Alex_murphyy
    Alex_murphyy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Im not sure if this qualifies but I am officially in the overweight category vs the obese category when you calculate your BMI. So yeah! Thats exciting!! :)
  • qstneverything
    qstneverything Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My first real NSV since starting again: I've had an awful day and been down, and instead of racing off to eat junk and convincing myself I can because I'm depressed, I ran to the kitchen and cut up some celery and carrot sticks. Considering this is why I always fail when I try and start up again, I think I might be in this for the long haul. :)
  • RachelonRoad
    RachelonRoad Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have to wear thicker socks with my work shoes now because they are too big, and my running shoes have to be laced tighter.

The tank tops I wear under my scrubs are getting to be too big.

I walked over 2 miles today and still have energy to get up and do other things.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!