Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Full fat options you can't live without?

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,959 Member
    Full fat Caesar salad dressing (or really any creamy salad dressing but I mostly eat Caesar). That other stuff just looks scary.
  • funfang
    funfang Posts: 200 Member
    heavy cream, butter, bacon, rib eye, cheese, greek yogurt ..

Oh yes I forgot about bacon! None of that turkey bacon crap for us!

what's the point of low fat bacon???

(which is why I didn't even list it- I wasn't sure it was even an option .. not one I've seen)

no fat = no taste
    but as I grew older, whole milk upset my stomach so I had to switch to 2%, but heavy cream or half and half for my tea... yum!
  • cnlargent
    cnlargent Posts: 199 Member
    Butter, bacon, milk, truth be told, I don't like anything that's low fat.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    I would agree with the feta. I never use reduced fat feta...always just the regular, and I eat feta a lot. LOVE it. And mayo, when I used it, has to be the regular kind. Also peanut butter, but I do get the natural kind that has nothing but peanuts. I just account for it and make it work. I would rather do that then get fat free. Often times, you're better off getting the regular stuff anyway. A lot of the fat free and reduced fat food has extra additives that are probably worse for you than if you just had a regular serving of the full fat kind.
  • xenl
    xenl Posts: 46 Member
    Olive oil is the one fat I can't/won't cut. I just love it so much. I love adding olive oil and salt to my dishes.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,300 Member
    I don't reduce fat or no fat anything really. Well, I drink 2% milk because I haven't been able to switch to full fat but that is personal preference then a choice due to "diet" or anything like that.

I once accidentally got reduced fat ricotta. The lasagna just wasn't the same and I was sad.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    I generally choose full-fat items. They usually contain less fillers and provide more satiety. So, while they have more calories, you stay fuller longer.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Cream cheese. I tried low fat, I tried fat free, and I don't understand how people eat anything but full fat. Mmm.
  • schle009
    schle009 Posts: 63 Member
    Ranch. Low-fat ranch tastes sour. Other than that, I think I try to get low fat everything else -- cheese, PB(not PB2), sour cream...doesn't taste much different to me. And I only eat turkey bacon, not regular bacon. I'm weird.
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Cheese! Low-fat cheese (except for part-skim ricotta or mozzarella in a rich dish) is an abomination.

Really, except for yogurt and some salad dressing, I go for the full-fat option and just eat less of it if necessary. And I eat turkey bacon and other turkey-based deli meats instead of pork ones, but that's due to a food allergy. (Yes, it's possible to be allergic to pork, and let me tell you it SUCKS.)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Ranch. Low-fat ranch tastes sour. Other than that, I think I try to get low fat everything else -- cheese, PB(not PB2), sour cream...doesn't taste much different to me. And I only eat turkey bacon, not regular bacon. I'm weird.

Agreed on Ranch. Fat Free Ranch tastes nothing like regular ranch.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    It will be a cold day in hell when I give up butter.

Also, real peanut butter.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Peanut Butter and cheese!!!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Pretty much any dairy. Well, except for my Greek yogurt - the only reason I buy the 2% is it has a lot more protein than the full fat (like 24g per cup vs 9g). But milk, cheese, sour cream, all full fat. And half & half for my coffee, heavy cream for cooking! Yum!
  • I grew up on skim milk and prefer it but I never really drink milk anymore. I use half and half in coffee, though. I prefer nonfat Greek yogurt because it has much more protein. I use neufchatel cheese when cooking because it has a drier consistency.
    Other than that, I don't opt for "lite" or "low-fat" anything.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    EAT ALL THE FATS!!!
  • I only buy low fat if it's an item that doesn't have any ingredients (e.g. sugar/sweeteners, or worse) added to replace the fat. So non-fat greek yoghurt is fine, but low-fat nut butters are a no go.

I do buy lean cuts of meat (including bacon) but that's due to texture/taste rather than trying to reduce calories. Would have no problem buying fattier cuts if that's what I preferred and just having smaller portions.

I also have to buy dairy free margarine because I don't digest butter well, but I really limit the use of it. Just for on the occasional piece of toast!
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Interesting piece on why cutting fat may not be as beneficial as you might think: http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2014/09/01/344315405/cutting-back-on-carbs-not-fat-may-lead-to-more-weight-loss
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    balsamic vinegrette
    olive oil
    Peanut butter.
    Nuts.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Ahh yes eggs with the yolks, definitely a necessary thing for me. Yum. Also agree on PB2. It tastes like disappointment.

speak it, my sister!!!