Do you eat breakfast?

Options

Replies

• jenversuslife
    jenversuslife Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I generally try to. Today I was in a rush so I just had a banana and a date and cashew bar, which was about 20% of my daily calories. When I have time I like to prepare and cook more and end up using about 30%.
  • kevinsmithrn
    kevinsmithrn Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    For whats it's worth , I read a study once that compared the habits of people who had significant weight loss and who were able to maintain the weightloss for > 3 years. Those studied had 2 items that was common to all. 1. They all maintained a daily meticulous food diary/calorie count and 2. they all ate breakfast.
  • carolineat111
    carolineat111 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast. I go straight to the gym and then have a high protein meal right after (usually 500 calories).
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I get hungry in the mornings so yes, I eat breakfast. I usually consume it within an hour of waking up (after I get ready for the day), and aim for 400 calories. I try to eat mostly fat and protein, saving carbs for snacking throughout the day. That being said, I do this because it works for me and makes me feel satisfied and energetic, but I do believe you can be just as successful without breakfast, as long as you control your calories.
  • pixelatedsun
    pixelatedsun Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have either yogurt and coffee at work or a bowl of cereal or oatmeal at home.

This goes from 170-320 calories, depending - the coffee depends on whether or not I eat at my desk at work or at home, as the Keurig is in my office. :)
  • dswolverine
    dswolverine Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    it's what gets my through my morning workouts - it's my favorite meal of the day! Usually 25%
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    only on days that end in Y

during the week its a multi-grain english muffin and cereal

340 calories out of 1800 cals so around 20%
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat breakfast. If I am hungry, I eat. But I rarely get hungry until lunch time, so I call it lunch.

I typically eat two meals a day. If I have breakfast, I usually don't eat again until evening.

My biggest meal is in the evening, but that's also when most of my activity is.
  • Forest91
    Forest91 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast I think it about 10-15%. Weekdays a bowl of cereal, a glass of water or milk or juice and sometimes a piece of fruit. Weekends the same as the weekdays but sometimes I have some toast.
  • JeanCricket
    JeanCricket Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Yes, I almost always eat breakfast. Anywhere from 170-300 calories...That's about 13%-24% of daily calories...

My fav is whole grain toast with organic peanut butter or almond butter. Sometimes a piece of fruit, too and glass of seltzer :-)
  • Eoghann
    Eoghann Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Only when I'm on vacation. In which case I'm probably eating a late breakfast and will have a light lunch (or skip it).

Normally I don't eat breakfast and have been doing that since highschool. I find I'm not very hungry early in the morning and all that happens if I do eat breakfast at that time, is it makes me want to eat lunch early. I'd rather save the calories for later in the day when I'm always hungry.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    You should always eat breakfast! Otherwise it slows down your metabolic rate and it becomes harder to lose weight. Even if it's just a piece of fruit, you should ALWAYS eat breakfast.

Nope, not true. There's no scientific proof that the above statement is true. Your metabolism only stops or slows down when dead or almost dead. Whether you eat a certain meal and when has zero bearing on weight loss.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    never been a breakfast person.

other than a cup of tea or coffee, i only tend to eat something about 2hrs into my day.

i;ve lost weight just fine.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    graciiekim it is a wrong idea to miss breakfast ,breakfast it is the most important meal in the day and bielive it or no you need breakfast to lose wieght . just try to eat a healty breakfast and rich of vitamins and mineral egg ...

Nope, you do not NEED breakfast to lose weight. I have the 47lbs lost to prove it. All you need is a calorie deficit. Whether you eat breakfast or not (along with meal timing) is absolutely NOT necessary for weight loss.
  • shandyw
    shandyw Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Gotta have it! Can range from less than 80 (egg white and spinach omelette) up to 300. I try not to go over 300.
  • Juliarosemary66
    Juliarosemary66 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    YES I do now, but I never did before I started my weightloss journey. I have 155cals as a fruit smoothie. It keeps me going all morning!
  • fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    First thing I do when I wake up is chug about 20oz. of water, then sip coffee, THEN I eat about 1-2 hours after waking. My breakfast is mostly protein and fat with a little bit of carbs and somewhere around 350-450 calories.
  • I know I should eat breakfast. But for some reason I don't. Not even a time thing, not sure_
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I know I should eat breakfast. But for some reason I don't. Not even a time thing, not sure_

You really don't have to...break your fast whenever.