Do you eat breakfast?

Options

Replies

• Artionis
    Artionis Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I don't care what "authorities" say, what "studies" show, or what the Farmer's Almanac says, I eat breakfast every day. Reason: I'm hungry. It's been 12-14 hours since my body has had nourishment. Typically at home I have oatmeal, fresh fruit and coffee. About 10:30 (after workout at the gym) I have a protein bar.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    in my regular every day routine, yes i eat breakfast when i wake up, before my morning run. I typically eat about 350 - 400 calories for breakie.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast 99% of the time unless i have a morning workout planned and it ends up late. Breakfast calories also depend on how hungry i am. Usually weekdays it ends up being around 300 calories. I spend more calories on lunch and snacks. Breakfast and dinner are usually slightly on the lower end.
  • yellowlemoned
    yellowlemoned Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast during the weekdays but I tend to skip breakfast on the weekends. I'm just not all that hungry in the morning, and if it's the weekend I know I can eat when I'm ready. During work, I won't get to eat until 1:00pm which by then I'm dying if I skip breakfast.

I usually allow for about 1/4 of my daily calories for breakfast unless I'm having a special occasion breakfast (I do that about once every month or 2) and those can total up to 1/2 of my calories for the day. When it's a special occasion breakfast it usually ends up being a brunch and covers breakfast and lunch for the day.
  • fredgiblet
    fredgiblet Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I have a protein bar for breakfast most days.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    350-500 calories for breakfast.

I had Cinnamon Toast Crunch in Almond milk this morning.

And then I had Banana Pancakes for lunch. :laugh:
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do. Sometimes I don't. When I do, I keep it around 300 calories.
  • tracie999
    tracie999 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    i eat 5 times a day starting at 05.30 half a cup of high fibre cereal and protien shake made with almond milk so 250 - 300 cals, i then eat at 09.00 again about 250 - 300 cals, works for me, found it hard at first but now when i wake at 05.00 i'm ready for food.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I hate lunch, so I usually eat a massive breakfast and just have a snack or two before dinner.

So like 50% of my calories are breakfast. 1000 calories gets you a lot of breakfast food.

ETA: I work out fasted, so my breakfast isn't actually until 3-4 hours after waking up usually.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat breakfast. If I am hungry, I eat. But I rarely get hungry until lunch time, so I call it lunch.

I typically eat two meals a day. If I have breakfast, I usually don't eat again until evening.

My biggest meal is in the evening, but that's also when most of my activity is.

After reading some of the responses, I guess I do have breakfast most mornings because I start the day with a cup of soy milk. I use it to wash down my vitamin supplements. It's only about 100 calories, so I never think of it as breakfast. I just drink it because I need the calcium and I don't want to take a pill.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I wish I could do breakfast + dinner and skip lunch, would save so much money if I didn't have to go out for lunch. Unfortunately, I get hungry around noon regardless of how much I've eaten.

My typical breakfast is a few cups of tea, sometimes a glass of milk... unless I have a hangover, in which case I eat all the foods.

ETA:
    Actually, I used to do breakfast + dinner when I was a student and money was tight. It was awful... but cheap
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast every morning. If I don't I get grouchy and hungry. I dedicate 250-350 calories to breakfast, depending on what I'm having. If I'm having a breakfast sandwich - 1 egg, 2-3 pieces of bacon, 2 slices of toast, jam and butter - it's around 270 calories. If I'm doing a smoothie, which is normally what I do, - protein powders + other supplements, 1 - 1.5 cups fruit, 8 oz of low cal juice, a little sherbet for kick, 3 cups spinach - it ends up being around 295-330 calories.

I personally don't get how people can go without breakfast, but I also workout first thing in the morning - like I roll out of bed, use the bathroom, and then workout, so breakfast is a must for me.
  • DataSeven
    DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I do eat breakfast, though I delay it by a few hours. Wake up time is 8 am and I usually eat breakfast around 11. My daily caloric limit is around 1900 and my breakfast can be anywhere from 350 - 500 calories. So at most, 25% or so.
  • graciiekim
    graciiekim Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Is it true that you should eat a large breakfast and slowly decrease your meals as you go on throughout the day?
  • Missfit35
    Options
    200-300 calories this is my carb meal.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast every morning or I feel nauseated. I generally use up about a third of my daily calories but sometimes a fourth.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Is it true that you should eat a large breakfast and slowly decrease your meals as you go on throughout the day?

There are some correlative studies that suggest so, but those studies (at least the ones I've read) haven't been calorie controlled. So what's likely happening is that people who skipped breakfast got hungry and ate more later in the day because they let themselves get too hungry. For people who are controlling their intake by calorie counting or for people who don't feel hungry until later in the day those studies wouldn't really apply.

You should structure your meals in the way that gives you the best satiety and energy and that helps you stick to your calorie goal.

edited for redundancy
  • pds06
    pds06 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    No. I drink a cup of coffee with 1 tsp sugar and little milk. Don't eat until 1-2 o'clock. I'm just not hungry before that. I'm more of a night eater.
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    Options
    On lifting days yes, and it's about 1/4 of my daily cals. On no lifting days it's more like brunch and is 1/3 my daily cals.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    I always eat breakfast. I generally use about 20% of my calories for it.