what's your weekday go-to breakfast?

Options

Replies

• whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    I usually go for one of two options...

Pretzel crisps (or crackers), deli ham (or chicken), and a good hard cheddar cheese. Quantities vary. Usually around 300-400 calories, about 10 kcal per 1g protein.

A bag of frozen stir-fry veggies browned in a skillet with a teaspoon or so of butter, two eggs, optionally some ham, and half a deli slice of muenster. Same calorie range, slightly less protein, more fat and fiber.

With summer produce now available, it's not uncommon for me to chase these breakfasts with a handful of berries, cherries, or grapes as I'm heading out the door. Increases the likelihood of meeting fiber and vitamin micros for the day.
  • Footlady123
    Footlady123 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    1 tablespoon chia seed
    1Tablespoon of Ground LSA
    1Tablespoon coconut oil
    200ml trim milk
    1 raw banana

Blend. Mmmm!!! Calories about 350 400 by memory does me till lunch at one. With a few cuppa teas in between.
  • ksuttill
    ksuttill Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I make a galette most mornings with 2 tbsp of oatbran, 2 tbsp of full fat yoghurt and an egg. I mix it together and leave it to soak while I'm getting ready then I cook it as you would a pancake. I have it with ham and cheese and it fills me up for ages. Very yummy and only about 280 cals
  • lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I make protein pancakes for breakfast. Now and again I put chocolate chips in them.
    Pancakes for breakfast feels like the most decadent thing ever.
  • Lord007
    Lord007 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    1 slice of home-made spinach mushroom quiche (214 cals) & 1 cup of Kashi Go Lean crunch (190 cals)
    Plus a cup of coffee with sugar free creamer

426 calories total.

I make the quiche on Sunday's and warm it up in the oven in the morning while I'm in the shower.
  • akboy58
    akboy58 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I alternate between

1 poached egg + 1 serving 5-minute grits + 2 tbs parmesan = 240 calories

and

100 gr of homemade hummus on flatbread = 282 calories

Plus coffee (2% milk, unsweetened) of course!
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I have one low fat yogurt, 100g blueberries, and a half cup of granola. Instant breakfast parfait.
  • josesaladin50
    Options
    http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-7600803-10510942?sid=1321

copy and paste that url
    , because what it is, it will show you how to et delicious food with out cheating on your diet. BistroMd is basically the key to your diet, without ever starving yourself again
  • peggymenard
    peggymenard Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Most mornings, it is a smoothie made from choc flavored Lean1, cup of kale and 1/4 C of blue berries. Blend with 1/2 C of ff milk and 8 ice cubes. Other days oatmeal with a dash of cinnamon, honey, a 1/4 C fresh fruit and a little ff milk or 1 egg omelet with 1 TBS cheddar cheese and a 1/2 C fresh mixed fruit.
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I'm always in a hurry so a serving of Kix cereal with light vanilla silk, coffee with sugar free creamer and a banana if I have them
  • Desifreckle
    Desifreckle Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Since I'm at work by 6 its been a protein bar lately, but when I have the time it's a egg and egg white omlet with spinach and occasionally green peppers, onions, and cheese. Salsa and turkey bacon on top. I loooove my spinach omlets! lol
  • blaise2013
    Options
    Normally :
    4 eggs fried in coconut oil,
    2 slices of multigrain toast with butter.

or

70g oats
    1 scop whey
    20g ground almonds
  • aussiegirl1990
    aussiegirl1990 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Yogurt with sunflower seeds is my favourite!
  • kait_marie24
    kait_marie24 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    usually a quest bar with a chobani greek yogurt
  • ShellF415
    ShellF415 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Egg beaters, a Flat Out wrap, and turkey sausage.
  • TXRanchGirl
    Options
    1-1.5 cups almond milk
    1-1.5 cups frozen strawberries
    1 frozen bananna
    1 scoop EAS Lean Choc Protein Powder

Blend until smooth

sometimes Ill sub mango for the strawberries, leave out the protein powder or add in some Kashi cereal.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Egg whites, bacon and cheese on some type of bread or tortilla.
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I make a big pot of vegetable lentil soup on Sundays and split it into 5 "to go" containers for my take with me breakfast :)
  • JRiver053
    JRiver053 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Quest bar and some fresh fruit (banana, peach, watermelon, cantaloup etc...)
  • conklil
    conklil Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My favorite are the protein pancakes from Pinterest....greek yogurt, egg, honey, flour and baking soda. Usually make with bananas but this past weekend only had mixed frozen berries. They were delicious in them. I look forward to these every weekend.