What's your most recent NSV?

Options

Replies

• ndwildbill
    ndwildbill Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I bought a sweat shirt off the rack at the gift shop of my local baseball team...that is a first for me in many, many years!
  • AShannon54
    AShannon54 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I finished C25K tonight! It was a lot of hard work but I never missed a workout and got through them all. My brain kept telling me I couldn't do it but my heart pushed me through!
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Congrats everyone!

I hiked up, around and down my first small mountain this weekend. This is was my biggest fitness goal this year and I did it! I'm used to walking on a flat area and never trained walking up inclines so I had no idea what to expect. There were a lot of stairs, steep inclines etc., but to my surprise I was not sore or tired afterwards.

My eyesight is much stronger and I'm going to need some new glasses. I attribute that to eating and drinking veggies and greens everyday.

Lastly, I'm going to have to get my ring resized again for the second time!

I had no idea losing/maintaining weight was going to be costly (smaller clothes, my feet shrank, new glasses etc.) but I will happily pay for these NSV's for better health!
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Well hello size 20's and so long size 24s.:wink: Just a month or two ago I was in a size 24, but I didn't buy any clothing for that size (just stretched out my current clothing... looked horrid I know) because I knew I wouldn't stay that size/weight. Now look, a few months later and I'm in a size 20 and desperate to be in a size 18. :drinker:
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    At church on Sunday a woman I don't really know well was behind me in the coffee line and asked me if I am a runner "because your calf muscles are so beautifully defined!"
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Oh man I had an NSV filled weekend.

Went to the gym Friday with my sister like we had planned. Even though I hate being on the treadmill, I was actually able to run for 5 minutes straight. That doesn't seem like a big deal but to me it felt great.

Saturday, one of my buddies texted me saying she didn't feel like running alone. So rather than putzing around the house watching tv, I went and ran a 5K with her.

Sunday I was on a mission for a bridesmaids dress. My friend is getting married in two weeks and I've been slacking. Well, Torrid was having a BOGO sale on their clearance and while they didn't have any dresses, I did manage to find two tops in a 1! I have been wearing a 2 there for YEARS (like, since high school) and the fact that a button down in a 1 fit me was insane. On top of that, I tried on a super clingy jersey American Living dress from Macy's in a 16 and it actually fit over me. It was a little too snug on my tummy for my liking, but again, not something I've been able to get in to since high school. I would have bought it if the thought of wearing Spanx under a dress in a wedding in September in Texas wasn't agonizing lol.

Monday, I was able to wear one of my favorite shirts again. It was a custom tee-a-day type shirt from Woot that they had reissued so I ordered it in a men's large. When I had first bought it in 2009 I had it in a men's 2XL. Not only did it fit nicely, but someone even pointed out I looked slimmer with it on :). Then, I finished the bridesmaids dress hunt at David's Bridal. A last resort because I didn't want to spend the money. I found a super cute dress and the size 18 fit perfectly! Now to find shoes...lol. Normally after shopping all day I'd be pooped and just want to nap. I let myself lay down for like an hour but couldn't even sleep. I ended up painting my half bathroom and cooking meals for part of the week.

Today! I don't care that it's 82 degrees outside. In my mind it's after Labor Day so it should be fall. So I'm wearing a light fall sweater from Banana Republic in an XL. Woot woot!!

Ok I'm done talking about myself. I love love love reading these from all of you!
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I tried on a US size 6 skirt at a consignment store and the waist was loose. "That must be vanity sizing; I'm not that small," I said to myself and tried on another in a different cut from a different manufacturer. The waist was still loose!

That's not always going to be the case; I know women's sizing is inconsistent. But that was a pretty great feeling. (Except it was a consignment shop so they didn't have a smaller size and I really wanted one of those skirts!)
  • starbucktigh
    starbucktigh Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I just ran a mile in under eight minutes for the first time since college! I'm training for a 5k, and got through the first mile like a breeze, checked the stopwatch and realized it wasn't even 8 minutes!!
  • WildcatDeLalune
    WildcatDeLalune Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I went to see my grandma today and she said it looks like I've lost weight. I was so happy that she'd noticed without knowing that I've been actively losing. I smiled and told her I'd lost 12 lbs since mid-July. (My ticker doesn't show the first 6 of those because I didn't reset it when I came back to MFP.) ^_^.

Hooray for my first NSV post!
  • Mhgretsch
    Mhgretsch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Ran a 5K yesterday...my third since July...and had a personal best time of 29:31...first time finishing in less than 1/2 an hour:smile:
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I wore dress pants to work today since probably the first part of June. (With the summer heat I wore skirts all summer) When I put my belt on this morning, I had to cinch it past the hole I hole I would always use last time I wore my belt.
  • amessam8
    amessam8 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    On Sunday, I wore a size 8 dress to church that I have had for a long time and had stopped wearing because it felt tight in the waist and hip areas. When I put it on, it felt loose in both areas and I was really comfortable.

This morning my size 10 skirt, that also felt snug in the hip area is feeling comfortable and loose.
  • amessam8
    amessam8 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Another one (though I don't know if this is praise worthy): husband says "you've lost weight...I can tell 'cause you've lost your butt". Now for someone that didn't have a but to begin with, this may not be a good thing. But on the other hand, I'm glad he notice my weight loss as I was just commenting to myself how no one has said anything to me.
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    was able to buy a size 18 jeans at old navy and not have to get the fat clothes from walmart. To top it off they were the "skinny" type jeans and I couldn't believe I actually fit.
  • ShortMrsN
    ShortMrsN Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have 2!

I am now running 6km (3.7 miles) as my standard morning run (plodded along at 4.5-5.4km for ages) and have just mapped out a 7km run to try next week!!
    I completed c25k earlier in the year, but haven't been pushing myself hard enough to get past the 30 minutes. I was doing 20-25 min runs and felt fine, but as my pace increased I decided I really needed to push myself and increase distance.
    Found a new route to run (coastal track instead of road) and find it so much more enjoyable! It is a loop track that is nearly 9km long (from my start point by the school) but it is hilly! Hoping to be doing it non-stop by christmas!

2nd one is I have lost 4cm from my waist and 5 from my hips :bigsmile:
  • steveyinasia
    steveyinasia Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Fit into one of my old slim fit business shirts without making the lower button strain under the pressure.
  • swaistle
    swaistle Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Size UK16 jeans now fit me :D
  • derrickyoung
    derrickyoung Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Bought a pair of cycling shorts. The NSV part came from not needing to buy the biggest size they make
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I looked in the mirror and didn't completely hate myself.
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I got 5 or so comments in one day yesterday. Must have been the outfit I was wearing. 3 from co workers included the dreaded - "you left half of you at home today". A couple others from family I haven't seen for 6 months. They asked if I lost weight and I said "a little" and my relative responded with "you lost a lot". Of course I am thinking they thought I was really fat before - which I was.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!