Thigh-Gap Thursday

Options

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Not sure if mine qualify, lol.

20140425_234554c_zps218ef502.jpg

Why on Earth would you want a thigh gap when you could have stems like these??? JS. HAWT!

Thanks :flowerforyou: Though admittedly, I have the muscle and the gap. Just the way my frame is built ... wide set hips.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'm getting old because I don't understand what a thigh gap is or why it seems to be so important

Off to google..

You're not missing out. Its a ****ed up trend that needs to end because it will never happen. Unless the person is ACTUALLY BORN WITH ONE!!!!
    And I'd say...it often brings out the disordered thinking in those who tend toward those issues...
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

Why on Earth would you want a thigh gap when you could have stems like these??? JS. HAWT!

Thanks :flowerforyou: Though admittedly, I have the muscle and the gap. Just the way my frame is built ... wide set hips.

Yup. Women are all different and are all beautiful.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    [img]http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m559/cmarcuz/Mobile Uploads/66cf8ddb80fdd838a79a7a6d6cf9b7177.jpg[/img]

I want a thigh gap like Barbie

I want the wedgie. Also to have my hips rocked back so far my lower back is hurting.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

Yup. Women are all different and are all beautiful.

Yep, totally agree.
    I think one needs to just accept and love their body the way it is, doing what they can to be healthy and happy, or at least, content.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I'm getting old because I don't understand what a thigh gap is or why it seems to be so important

Off to google..

You're not missing out. Its a ****ed up trend that needs to end because it will never happen. Unless the person is ACTUALLY BORN WITH ONE!!!!
    And I'd say...it often brings out the disordered thinking in those who tend toward those issues...

If you search for thigh gap on Instagram you will get a pop up asking if you want resources for ED help.
  • lizarddev
    lizarddev Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm happy with this view (aka no gap)
    7f6b470c-6796-4401-8e6b-29fb98d5fcf7_zps4224f296.jpg

if it means I get this view...
    c4f2fe87-ade6-49cd-b117-840fc4b2878b_zpsa8720e60.jpg

I very rarely stand with my feet tight together anyways. :flowerforyou:

I think I will choose this one. Need meat, muscles not bones.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Do men care about thigh gap or is another thing women started to obsess about for no reason? I will never have a thigh gap and I could not care less.

It's purely a woman thing.

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/lifestyle/news/a18504/stop-thigh-gap/

And it's absurd.
    I am a woman, and I'm in agreeance. Women hate eachother..... LOL.
  • Kaelakcr
    Kaelakcr Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    funny-girl-thigh-gap-friends.jpg
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Off to google..

If you search for thigh gap on Instagram you will get a pop up asking if you want resources for ED help.
    Not a surprise.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    1. Is this a troll thread? Yes/No

2. If no, why isn't this a troll thread?

3. Why is OP talking talking to herself?

4. OP, good luck on achieving your goals.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Also, 'chub rub', that's not how I use that particular combination of words.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I have some "fantastic" thigh gap photos from when I was on the verge of an eating disorder and was underweight. Now I am a healthy weight with touching, muscular thighs. Would you like to see those instead?

Yes. I would. I did mention in the OP any shapely healthy thigh would be motivating. And yes, I'm aware it's not an everyone kinda thing. I do realize it's dependant on certain physioligically present conditions which we cannot change. It's just since I've had it before when at a healthy weight, for me personally it's a good sign I'm on the right track fitnesswise.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    One more.

20140419_192734_zps0a51d699.jpg

You look INCREDIBLY healthy, fit and in excellent shape. Way to go!
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    1. Is this a troll thread? Yes/No

2. If no, why isn't this a troll thread?

3. Why is OP talking talking to herself?

4. OP, good luck on achieving your goals.

1. Yes its a poor troll.
    2. See 1
    3. Because she starts absurd threads and most don't take off.
    4. Yup
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    OMGOMGOMG thigh gap, AND juicy thighs, AND the cutest swimsuit I've seen in awhile!

mav0vd.jpg

AND...dat tan!

I'll bet if she didn't stand like a toddler trying not to wet their pants and wasn't wearing heels she wouldn't have the gap.
    She is cute tho...no denying that.

Yup, she is standing in a specific way with her body angled forwards slightly.

Totally. She has nice legs though...I'm kinda jealous!

That description of her stance is so hilarious! Still think she's a cutie though. Can't hate on beauty like that.
  • liftnlove_
    liftnlove_ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    just...stop...please. :( This thread makes me sad.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I'm happy with this view (aka no gap)
    7f6b470c-6796-4401-8e6b-29fb98d5fcf7_zps4224f296.jpg

if it means I get this view...
    c4f2fe87-ade6-49cd-b117-840fc4b2878b_zpsa8720e60.jpg

I very rarely stand with my feet tight together anyways. :flowerforyou:

Your thighs are awesome.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Sounds like you spend a lot of money on poor quality exercise clothing. Too bad more expensive doesn't actually mean high quality in many cases...

I don't have a thigh gap - never will, it's not in my genetics nor is it something I care to try to get - but I still don't rub through my pants.

I like this answer because this was what I was starting to beleive as well as I inferred, hey, ton's of bigger women like me get workout bottoms and they can't all be having this problem. So it just so happens when I swung by that store today to see what's new after seeing some cute pants in the window, I specifically requested NOT that line of pants while trying on things and described the problem.

The worker showed me several similar pairs, asked me how I washed them, how long I've had them, how I work out, and concluded I must have gotten a manufacturer defective pair and invited me to bring them back into the store to exchange.

She said she's had hers two years with no problems. And she was very fit and shapely, and had zero thigh gap. The other girl who came out to investigate was very close to my figure and had the same experience of long wear.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    The thigh gap thing makes me sad. Women are objectified enough without us doing it to ourselves. We are whole people, not just thighs or other body parts :frown:

Because you've never looked at a specific part of a man (or woman if that's your bag) and lusted over it. Gimme a break. That aside, if you ladies want a thigh gap so bad just spread your legs a little ;) Just sayin'!

This reminds me...how come it's okay for men to admit that they like when they've lost a little weight and their belly is flatter and they can see more of their gentles? Nobody tells them to STAHP THE WEE KNEE SHAMING and etc. so on?