Favourite quote?

Options

Replies

• PriscillaLaine
    PriscillaLaine Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    "Don't go - I'll eat you up, I love you so" Where the Wild Things are

"I may venture to affirm that we are nothing but a bundle or collection of different sensations, which succeed each other with an inconceivable rapidity, and are in a perpetual flux and movement." David Hume (Paraphrased)

"F*** me gently with a chainsaw" Heathers
  • _SantaClause
    _SantaClause Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    "There's an old saying - that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger, I don't believe that. I think the things that try to kill you make you angry and sad. Strength comes from the good things, your family, your friends, the satisfaction of hard work. Those are the things that will keep you whole, those are the things to hold onto when you're broken." -Jax Teller
  • jenny24012014
    jenny24012014 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I can resist everything except temptation
  • mopar_lover
    Options
    Theirs was not to reason why, theirs was to do or die - Charge of the Light Brigade
  • mybeesknees
    Options
    In a blind man's world, the one-eyed man is king.
    Let them hate me, so long as they fear me. -Caligula
    "Hunt for the engineer, and the engineer will hunt you." -Hellraiser Inferno.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    "Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others-past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our futures." -Cloud Atlas
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    “Dear Die-ary, there's nothing terribly wrong with feeling lost, so long as that feeling precedes some plan on your part to actually do something about it. Too often a person grows complacent with their disillusionment, perpetually wearing their "discomfort" like a favorite shirt. I can't say I'm very pleased with where my life is just now... but I can't help but look forward to where it's going.”
    ― Jhonen Vasquez
  • tristan299
    tristan299 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Options
    Presumption is the mother of all *kitten* ups
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    "Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others-past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our futures." -Cloud Atlas

OogRznv.gif
  • assthetik
    assthetik Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    “You will never be disappointed in your pursuit of excellence, for there are no traffic jams along the extra mile.” - Charles Specht
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

OogRznv.gif

^And this is my second favorite quote! :love:
  • Return_of_the_Big_Mac
    Options
    “Quotation, n: The act of repeating erroneously the words of another.” ― Ambrose Bierce
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    "Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do"

^I got it in a fortune cookie. John Wooden said it. I'm perpetually broken and working around injuries so its become a mantra. Just because I can't run doesnt mean I can't bike, so I do.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    No, but there are a few I like.

“People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use.”
    ― Søren Kierkegaard

“It is not enough that we do our best; sometimes we must do what is required.”
    ― Winston Churchill

“When you get to the end of your rope. Tie a knot and hang on.”
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    "When you open your mind to the impossible, sometimes you find the truth." - Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time

I like that one too. I think john lennon said that.

Bertrand Russell said it.

"Nothing of me is original, I am the combined efforts of everyone I have ever known."

Chuck Palahniuk - Invisible Monsters
  • johnmurphymfp
    johnmurphymfp Posts: 2,590 Member
    Options
    The probability of someone watching you is directly proportionate to the stupidity of your action.
  • akoorn1982
    akoorn1982 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain. Anon

Pain is temporary - pride is forever.

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. E. Roosevelt

A woman is like a tea bag; the longer you keep her hanging, the stronger she gets. E. Roosevelt
  • gotonenerveleft
    gotonenerveleft Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Dave Ramsey quote I use as diet motivation....

" Nothing ever changes if nothing ever changes"
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Good enough isn't. - the high school band director had this written on the boards in the band room.