Eating clean and healthy

Options

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    i dont think its black and white, i think as some in a developed nation its fairly black and white for this part of the world but there would definately be more grey if i lived in a less developed nation so there are a lot of factors to take into account. I posted a link to one good gmo break down article, i want to just again clarify that im not promoting gmos im just for looking at the issue more then just saying they are all bad
    And I think we don't have a CLUE where this is all going and can't assume it's somehow better for the environment and people than "flesh" eating as you call it.
    I dont understand what your trying to say with that comment? you can eat 100% organic and not eat meat, veggie &gmo are not equated, and we can know what impact current diets have on the planet because that data already exisits long term data on gmo's does not. Im not sure if your trying to say gmos are worse then meat which would be debatable if we were talking about a future year but isnt entirely true at the current time (thats how i read it not sure if im getting the message as you intended)
    I think I've made my point. Thanks for the chat.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    i dont think its black and white, i think as some in a developed nation its fairly black and white for this part of the world but there would definately be more grey if i lived in a less developed nation so there are a lot of factors to take into account. I posted a link to one good gmo break down article, i want to just again clarify that im not promoting gmos im just for looking at the issue more then just saying they are all bad
    And I think we don't have a CLUE where this is all going and can't assume it's somehow better for the environment and people than "flesh" eating as you call it.
    I dont understand what your trying to say with that comment? you can eat 100% organic and not eat meat, veggie &gmo are not equated, and we can know what impact current diets have on the planet because that data already exisits long term data on gmo's does not. Im not sure if your trying to say gmos are worse then meat which would be debatable if we were talking about a future year but isnt entirely true at the current time (thats how i read it not sure if im getting the message as you intended)
    Look to India for general health and a diet with little to no meat and see what you find as opposed to an individual that decides to make changes to their diet....the true test of a lifestyle is through it's population over time and right now I'll go with the centenarians around the world that still eat animal protein.
  • Marbella29660
    Marbella29660 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Great idea but to subjective to execute. Good luck with this, I hope you nail it.
  • sarajenivieve
    sarajenivieve Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Look to India for general health and a diet with little to no meat and see what you find as opposed to an individual that decides to make changes to their diet....the true test of a lifestyle is through it's population over time and right now I'll go with the centenarians around the world that still eat animal protein.

thats not taking into account so many variables india is not a devoloped nation many people dont have access to clean water not to mention healthy food, religious and other anthopological and social issues like denying modern medicine play huge roles in life span.Even traditional cultures that eat meat dont eat anywhere near the amounts of the average meat eating north american so it may still require cutting back if your looking at traditional cultures that still consume meat. of course you can choose whatever you want , my shift is ending and i just use these forums during work lol so i cant get into a new discussion but those are aspects you may want to consider when comparing international diets. good luck on your journey :) its been a good chat
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options

thats not taking into account so many variables india is not a devoloped nation many people dont have access to clean water not to mention healthy food, religious and other anthopological and social issues like denying modern medicine play huge roles in life span.Even traditional cultures that eat meat dont eat anywhere near the amounts of the average meat eating north american so it may still require cutting back if your looking at traditional cultures that still consume meat. of course you can choose whatever you want , my shift is ending and i just use these forums during work lol so i cant get into a new discussion but those are aspects you may want to consider when comparing international diets. good luck on your journey :) its been a good chat
    Wat_buffy.gif

India isn't a developed nation? I'd say any country that has the ability to manufacture nuclear weapons is pretty damned developed for me. As for the lack of clean water, food for everyone, and denial of modern medicine, that crap is wide-spread in the U.S..
  • Seabee74
    Options
    I have a certain amount of calories that I eat each day. I can eat Anything that I want as long as I stay within that calorie number.. Clean Food vs Dirty Food ??? Really ? So do you have to wash everything to make it clean. I mean I could eat apple pie and ice cream for dinner or pancakes with syrup for breakfast or a Big Mac for lunch and still lose weight.. I've eaten all kinds of things and I continue to lose weight. Some people are making this WAY TO COMPLICATED !!! I have learned that I can eat All Food, in moderation... Try It :-)..
  • Navtendon
    Options
    OP, keep up the good work. Don't let the negative comments dishearten you. So many people can benefit from what you suggest.

You are so on the right track with your line of thinking!
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Unhealthy food is food that is conducive to sickness and disease.

Sorry but no food has that absolute power. The Devil is in the dose...
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Here we go again.

^^^This...
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I have a certain amount of calories that I eat each day. I can eat Anything that I want as long as I stay within that calorie number.. Clean Food vs Dirty Food ??? Really ? So do you have to wash everything to make it clean. I mean I could eat apple pie and ice cream for dinner or pancakes with syrup for breakfast or a Big Mac for lunch and still lose weight.. I've eaten all kinds of things and I continue to lose weight. Some people are making this WAY TO COMPLICATED !!! I have learned that I can eat All Food, in moderation... Try It :-)..

yes! calories is the bit one you have to watch out for when you want to loose weight! absolutely..

I don't eat a lot of this and that. I don't like it .. or I just rather not. my choice. I think we have to realize this is a group of MANY people on MFP. Everyone is going to have their own ideas. May seem nuts to us, but our ideas will seem nuts to many also. :/

You can't please everyone.

If people don't agree with this "eating plan", they simply just don't have to follow it. that is the beauty in having a choice :)

CHOICES FOR EVERYONE!!!!!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Some folks are trying to build a balanced nutritious diet and don't have the knowledge.
    You're not. Folks' needs and goals vary. Enjoy your big mac.
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Unless your advice involves saying its okay to eat food you want in moderation, including pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers, etc. and you can still lose weight, be healthy and have a positive attitude towards food... nope don't want to hear it.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Always love when a fun thread like this pops up to get me through Monday morning.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Always love when a fun thread like this pops up to get me through Monday morning.

I was just thinking the same thing
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

and here I was skimming the fitness section for a new free weights fight.

I was missing out the whole time here!!!

Also LUL no meat eat legumes instead.

I'd have to eat cans and cans of beans to get anywhere near the amount of protein I get from meat- plus as much as I love beans- it's not as tasty to me as a good steak. period.
  • sarajenivieve
    Options

Wat_buffy.gif

India isn't a developed nation? I'd say any country that has the ability to manufacture nuclear weapons is pretty damned developed for me. As for the lack of clean water, food for everyone, and denial of modern medicine, that crap is wide-spread in the U.S..
    Ok well you go live in an american slum and then an indian slum then tell me its the same lmfao, Iv noticed that you only comment random negativity, do you want peoples help and support? do you actually care about any of the topics or is your sole purpose to troll and be a downer?
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options

Wat_buffy.gif

Ok well you go live in an american slum and then an indian slum then tell me its the same lmfao, Iv noticed that you only comment random negativity, do you want peoples help and support? do you actually care about any of the topics or is your sole purpose to troll and be a downer?
    Well, I wouldn't call India a 3rd world Country but the slums are definitely pretty bad. I've lived in India for 1 yr and have visited a few more times. Probably the most interesting Country I've ever had the privilege ov visiting.......not for the faint at heart, but the people were the best part.
  • sarajenivieve
    Options
    Neanderthin id like your comment if there was a like button
  • s_pekz
    s_pekz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    In for sciences. or psuedo sciences. whatever.